The SOPA bill

Re: The SOPA bill

Postby Ultra Fox » November 16th, 2011, 7:14 am

I've spent so much work on my YouTube channel.

If this bill passes and screws it up...

I'll be freakin' pissed.
Ultra Fox
lyING kInG!!!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

woRSt MoVIE!!!!!!!!!!!!! >:(

Nickname(s): meem machine >;)
Pride Points: 97

Postby DGFone » November 16th, 2011, 7:26 am

I find it funny how the Human Rights Watch apposes the bill.
Should we be worried?

I think the bill supporters need to be.
DGFone
Got wings

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Watch me soar

Nickname(s): Planes, DGF, DG
Pride Points: 138

Postby SnowyCheetah » November 16th, 2011, 7:27 am

While its likelihood of passing is low, if passed it would still be catastrophic in more ways than just causing websites to be taken down. Email services run by affected websites (such as Google) would go down. Not to mention the part where ISP's will have to filter traffic. That would take an unprecedented amount of resources and invasion of privacy to accomplish, and it would most likely drive up costs for Internet service higher than ever before. Not to mention that the larger websites are crucial to the creation and maintenance of thousands, if not millions of jobs. This could reach all the way to the US and world economy and beyond.

That 2in diameter fart can probably adds at least 50bhp.
SnowyCheetah
The Meme de la Meme

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

is mayonnaise a gender

Nickname(s): Snowy, Snow, Sno, SC, SS, Snowball, Stormy
Pride Points: 23

Postby Ultra Fox » November 16th, 2011, 7:29 am

[quote="DGFone"]I think the bill supporters need to be.[/quote]
Yes.

Because anyone who supports this bill needs have their brain checked. Y'know... just to see if they even have one.
Ultra Fox
lyING kInG!!!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby DGFone » November 16th, 2011, 7:39 am

[quote="Yakko"]Yes.

Because anyone who supports this bill needs have their brain checked. Y'know... just to see if they even have one.[/quote]

Did some research. Someone took an X-Ray of one of the supporters. This is what they found:

Yeah. Brain might be there. But it's certainly not working. Not with all that cash taking up all the room.
DGFone
Got wings

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Watch me soar

Nickname(s): Planes, DGF, DG
Pride Points: 138

Postby Ultra Fox » November 16th, 2011, 7:47 am

If all of these proposed things are enforced...

I'll have much less need for my computer. :/
Ultra Fox
lyING kInG!!!

Postby FlipMode » November 16th, 2011, 11:23 am

lol Not a chance of it being passed. And btw inb4 anyone says "This doesn't affect me because I don't live in the USA" of course it does.
And even if it does, I still don't think sites like YouTube will be targeted, it will be the sites that are clearly there to just host stuff for free (like Pirate Bay).

You would think governments have more pressing issues to worry about than this bluff though.
FlipMode

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 266

Postby SnowyCheetah » November 16th, 2011, 8:17 pm

[quote="FlipMode"]You would think governments have more pressing issues to worry about than this bluff though.[/quote]

They do... they just couldn't give two anythings about said more-pressing issues.

That 2in diameter fart can probably adds at least 50bhp.
SnowyCheetah
The Meme de la Meme

is mayonnaise a gender

Nickname(s): Snowy, Snow, Sno, SC, SS, Snowball, Stormy
Pride Points: 23

Postby Libre » November 16th, 2011, 8:22 pm

Seriously, I can't really imagine that some major sites would go down. I just can't, it's not realistic. They'll always have their lawyers who'll find a loophole in the law.
Libre
colourful

Pride Points: 17

Postby Woeler » November 16th, 2011, 8:28 pm

do I have to feel dumb because I dont know what the hell this is about?
There are those who complain about the wind, there are those who hope the wind will change, --though the wise-- the wise adjust their sails.
Woeler

Pride Points: 120

PreviousNext

Return to The Den