The SOPA bill

Re: The SOPA bill

Postby SnowyCheetah » November 25th, 2011, 7:40 am

Some do. They're gonna do everything they can to shove this through.

That 2in diameter fart can probably adds at least 50bhp.
SnowyCheetah
The Meme de la Meme

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

is mayonnaise a gender

Nickname(s): Snowy, Snow, Sno, SC, SS, Snowball, Stormy
Pride Points: 23

Postby DGFone » November 25th, 2011, 7:59 am

Also remember that a few companies spent a large sum of money trying to pass this bill. They won't give up without a fight.
But we won't either.
DGFone
Got wings

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Watch me soar

Nickname(s): Planes, DGF, DG
Pride Points: 138

Postby SnowyCheetah » November 25th, 2011, 8:10 am

What companies?

SnowyCheetah
The Meme de la Meme

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

is mayonnaise a gender

Postby FlipMode » November 25th, 2011, 9:01 am

It helps create jobs? By shutting down websites, which earn money through advertising revenue? For some people, being an owner of a site is their job. Again just full proof logic by your government there, I am truly jealous of how intelligent they are demonstrating themselves to be, by the way I was being factitious.
FlipMode

Pride Points: 266

Postby BlazePrower9205 » November 25th, 2011, 7:05 pm

[quote="DGFone"]Also remember that a few companies spent a large sum of money trying to pass this bill. They won't give up without a fight.
But we won't either.[/quote]

I think we should give up. Tbh, I'm getting really sick and tired of people constantly complaining about this stupid bill. If it passes, it passes. The internet's been going downhill big time anyway, so as most people say, let's just move on. <.<

Sorry for sounding really harsh, but seriously, let's not whine constantly over this. There's nothing we can do about this anyway. I'm already planning on leaving several sites if the bill does get passed. I'm sorry, but this is how I feel right now. I'm done dealing with stuff like this anyway. ^^;
Leaving. Might be back if the bill doesn't get passed.
BlazePrower9205

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Amitiechu
Pride Points: 2

Postby SnowyCheetah » November 25th, 2011, 7:44 pm

[quote="BlazePrower9205"][quote="DGFone"]Also remember that a few companies spent a large sum of money trying to pass this bill. They won't give up without a fight.

I think we should give up. Tbh, I'm getting really sick and tired of people constantly complaining about this stupid bill. If it passes, it passes. The internet's been going downhill big time anyway, so as most people say, let's just move on. <.<

Sorry for sounding really harsh, but seriously, let's not whine constantly over this. There's nothing we can do about this anyway. I'm already planning on leaving several sites if the bill does get passed. I'm sorry, but this is how I feel right now. I'm done dealing with stuff like this anyway. ^^;[/quote]

Then perhaps you don't need to post in this thread.

SnowyCheetah
The Meme de la Meme

is mayonnaise a gender

Postby Ultra Fox » November 25th, 2011, 9:19 pm

[quote="BlazePrower9205"]I think we should give up. Tbh, I'm getting really sick and tired of people constantly complaining about this stupid bill. If it passes, it passes. The internet's been going downhill big time anyway, so as most people say, let's just move on. <.<

Sorry for sounding really harsh, but seriously, let's not whine constantly over this. There's nothing we can do about this anyway. I'm already planning on leaving several sites if the bill does get passed. I'm sorry, but this is how I feel right now. I'm done dealing with stuff like this anyway. ^^;[/quote]
Sorry... but...

This is the worst post I have ever seen. o_0
Ultra Fox
lyING kInG!!!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

woRSt MoVIE!!!!!!!!!!!!! >:(

Nickname(s): meem machine >;)
Pride Points: 97

Postby KopsTheTerminator » November 25th, 2011, 9:29 pm

[quote="BlazePrower9205"][quote="DGFone"]Also remember that a few companies spent a large sum of money trying to pass this bill. They won't give up without a fight.

Err, this is a discussion board for a reason. We're not whining, we're simply stating our opinion on the matter. If you wish to stop discussing about it, then you can simply avoid this thread.

Aaaaanyways, I'm really against this. It's just a huge violation to human rights, as others have mentioned. =/ I still doubt it will be passed, but it's really starting to worry me.
KopsTheTerminator

Postby FlipMode » November 26th, 2011, 12:03 am

So just let the bill pass because you can not be bothered to fight against it, or even state a negative opinion on it? You sound like a real pushover, I hope you don't let everyone in life influence you that way. Not hating on you, but your logic in that post seems a little odd to put it politely.

[quote="Yakko"]
This is the worst post I have ever seen. o_0[/quote]

Not quite IMO, but if it had ponies it would be up there.

[quote]It's just a huge violation to human rights, as others have mentioned.[/quote]

Not really. You as an internet user do no have the right to exploit sites that potentially offer free copyrighted material. For example TLK 2 is on youtube in its entirety, and in decent quality too. Sure the person who uploaded it is the real offender there but if you watch it on there (and almost everything on there belongs to some company or another) then you infringe the copyright laws, though YouTube is governed by its three strike policy meaning that viewers are not held accountable for anything. Sorry but the bill if anything protects human rights, as artists and creators they have the right to expect their content to not be available for free online.
Not that I support it in the slightest though.
FlipMode

Pride Points: 266

Postby Ultra Fox » November 26th, 2011, 12:55 am

[quote="FlipMode"][quote="Yakko"]
This is the worst post I have ever seen. o_0[/quote]

Not quite IMO, but if it had ponies it would be up there.

[/quote]
HA HA very funny. >.>

I said it was a bad post because of how horribly pessimistic it was. :/
Ultra Fox
lyING kInG!!!

woRSt MoVIE!!!!!!!!!!!!! >:(

Nickname(s): meem machine >;)
Pride Points: 97

PreviousNext

Return to The Den