Music Genres you dislike

Re: Music Genres you dislike

Postby BlazePrower9205 » November 5th, 2011, 12:38 am

I dislike both rap and hip hop. I used to hate country, but I grew to like the music and it's better than those two music genres. XD
Leaving. Might be back if the bill doesn't get passed.
BlazePrower9205

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Amitiechu
Pride Points: 2

Postby Ultra Fox » November 5th, 2011, 12:44 am

I only despise songs if they include screaming like so many hard rock songs seem to have. I hate that crap. It's annoying and doesn't sound good. (But I like rock if it's not in that category.)

I also mostly hate rap, but not completely as there are rare exceptions. Rap is usually uninspired junk.

I'm also not so fond of Country, but sometimes it's fine. Depends on what it sounds like.
Ultra Fox
lyING kInG!!!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

woRSt MoVIE!!!!!!!!!!!!! >:(

Nickname(s): meem machine >;)
Pride Points: 97

Postby Daenerys » November 5th, 2011, 3:53 am

[quote="Yakko"]I only despise songs if they include screaming like so many hard rock songs seem to have. I hate that crap. It's annoying and doesn't sound good. (But I like rock if it's not in that category.)[/quote]
THIS ^ I hate those "screaming songs" with all that screaming >.> I hate that stuff.

I don't like country very much either..Hip Hop and Pop are sometimes annoying too. ^^'
Daenerys
♛ queen ♛

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

nightmare dressed like a daydream

Nickname(s): rena/dashie/whatever
Pride Points: 175

Postby Panthera Arohanui » November 6th, 2011, 6:04 am

[quote="jelle"]BEST TOPIC EVER KOPS
oh btw people who say they hate heavy metal please metal isn't all about screaming(metallica,iron maiden,black sabbath MANY BANDS) only all the death-black-core and subgenres of these use screaming and really loud guitar and nu metal and thrash metal do sometimes ;).

as for me i CAN'T STAND POP and all popular music.
I mean really in these days all music seems to be about is being catchy and it has to be trendy and the artists has to be either hot or cute or very weird music that is written with real passion and with talent just isn't popular these days any more.
all the popular music is the same beat in every song or IF there is guitar just 3 chords OVER AND OVER AGAIN on EVERY SONG.
no creativity no passion for the music it's all about the money and getting radio plays. Ugh and then a lot of artist are so talentless they have to use computers and autotune to make their songs sound good(to them) and just to let you guys know A LOT OF THESE PEOPLE DON'T WRITE THEIR OWN MUSIC yer they don't so how can there be soul and passion in it when they have not written it themselves?.

and no i'm not saying only metal has passion look at things like blues good jazz hell even some country they put hearth into their music and you can hear it and that makes real music the music that moves you that will make you feel something not some random weird noise over a computerized bass and a weird voice which is autotuned talking about having sex drinking partying cars girls hookers

other gernes is can't stand are all dubstep dj music and techo type of music i mean come on someone can explain me what is beautiful or nice about this music yes nothing beats and random weird noises over it.

hope i haven't pissed anoyone off with this rant feel free to argue[/quote]

Did you just steal my brain? ;) I agree with a lot of what you have said here, jelle

I'm also one of those who mostly listen to musicals that were written before this century, like Les Miserables, Godspell, Phantom of the Opera, Jesus Christ Superstar and The Lion King. I don't really like any of the musicals that were written since the start of this millennium, as a lot have started to use a lot of pop or modern music that is in vogue today.

I literally don't like any bands (so am just as in the dark about popular bands as my great-great-great grandparents :p), but metal bands are definitely my least favourite. And I also dislike most of the genres today as a lot of the lyrics are always indecipherable and have to always do a Google search to even follow the lyrics. And is it just me or is the vast majority of songs in most genres (especially pop) about love (usually unrequited, breaking up, or very romantic? The only exception so far to this in the pop genre concerning love is "Love Will Find A Way" on the "Simba's Pride" soundtrack sung by Heather Headley (original adult Nala on the Original Broadway Cast). That woman can make ANYTHING sound good, in my opinion. :)
Simba: Dad? We're pals, right?
Mufasa: Right.
Simba: And we'll always be together, right?
Panthera Arohanui
You MUST take your place...

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

...in the circle of life.

Pride Points: 5

Postby FlipMode » November 13th, 2011, 1:53 am

I don't really like "dance / house", I mean I do but why do people listen to it while driving? Do they expect people to dance in their cars? I don't get it...
FlipMode

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 266

Postby WindAnnWise » December 17th, 2011, 7:48 pm

I very much dislike Hip-hop and rap music.
I am also a big fan of: Phantom of the Opera, High School Musical, Harry Potter, Disney in general, Days of Our Lives, musicals in general, Dr. Seuss in general and the Grinch.

"Sometimes, it's better not to say anything."- Speak, by Laurie Halse Anderson
WindAnnWise
The Quiet One

Is anybody out there?

Nickname(s): Windy, Wind Ann

Postby SlayerOfLight » December 17th, 2011, 8:18 pm

lol everyone dislikes rap and hip-hop here? so do I XD they only sing about how unfair their lives are, or how they are gonna bang some ''b...tches'' or how tough they are. REALLY annoys me deeply. this kind of music is dangerous to kids and teenagers, and should be illegal.

further, I also hate pop like justin bieber (I dont hate him even though his music is dumb) and as well lady gaga.
I also hate extreme metal such as black and death metal with those horrible voices. is disgusting to me. but symphonic power-metal whitout any disturbing voices seems fine to me.
SlayerOfLight

Nickname(s): Nick, SOL
Pride Points: 125

Postby Anansi » December 21st, 2011, 10:18 am

Not a huge fan of really twangy bluegrass music; I wouldn't say I hate that genre, though, as there are quite a few songs from it that I like. ^^ Pop music used to be anathema to me, but I've grown fond of some of it; mentally engaging it usually isn't, but dang, is it fun to skate to. I've started to like (some) rap, too. Haven't listened to much modern metal, so I don't have an opinion on it; love the old stuff, though!

I think I would have more to say on this subject if I made listening to music from genres I'm not too familiar with a habit. :lol:
Rafiki sig by Simba and Community sig by FlipMode. Thanks guys! ♥
Anansi
Ultimate Trash

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Tabby » December 21st, 2011, 7:39 pm

Srsly, don't get how someone can hate a whole genre xD, almost always that's fault of listening only a few songs, or most mainstream ones.. x)

Victory, at last!
Tabby
Back from the ashes

Nickname(s): Deess, LxL, Jose, Bean, Burrito
Pride Points: 103

Postby Tekir » December 21st, 2011, 8:43 pm

[quote="SimbaCanHazDonut"]Srsly, don't get how someone can hate a whole genre xD, almost always that's fault of listening only a few songs, or most mainstream ones.. x)[/quote]
^ This

Because a few songs or some mainstream songs of a certain genre are bad doesn't mean all the songs of this genre are going to be the same. Why are, most of the time, bad artists the ones to get the most attention? Don't ask me, I don't know lol. xD Anyway, I don't hate any genre but there are just some of them that I don't appreciate as much as the others. =P
^Amazing sig by SCHD or La'Vie. Thanks a lot! =D
Ask me stuff! | Fanart | OT art
Tekir
That guy with a hat

You're despicable

Nickname(s): Tek, Tigerhat
Pride Points: 27

PreviousNext

Return to The Den