Story/RP Players wanted

Re: Story/RP Players wanted

Postby Gemini » July 3rd, 2014, 7:53 pm

Hey guys, sorry for taking off so suddenly. I pulled an all-nighter Tuesday/Wednesday to finish my latest fanfic chapter, so I 'treated' myself by going to bed at 1:30-ish as opposed to 4 or 6 AM like I've been doing for the last week or so. :P

That said, I don't think posting frequently should be an issue right now, since I've been on here a lot lately. I could probably do a post like that in 10 or 20 minutes. Although I do have summer school classes starting in about two weeks, my afternoons and evenings should still be largely open. Not to mention that I am a night owl most of the time. Given that Whistler is apparently in Israel, and probably about ten-plus hours ahead of me, that should work out pretty well. ;)

[quote="TheWhistlerify"]By the way, Gemi, do you like Kopa stories? :3[/quote]

Not generally since I don't really accept Kopa as canon, but there are exceptions. That said, your story did impress me at WC #26, and I really liked how you introduced him. Since I've seen your story around on FFn lately, maybe I'll check it out (at least once I'm not too caught up in writing my own fanfic :?).

In any case, I think having him injured would be the best course of action given that otherwise he probably wouldn't come in contact with them in the first place. I can write that into the post. That said, if the group saw him hunting and saw him get into an accident, they might realize he's got a lot of skill for his age, and then they might feel a little less hesitant about carrying a wounded lion they found in the middle of nowhere with them. 8-)

I'm not sure he would get along so well with Kaith, especially, since he's not really one for rules and such - out of the three of them, he would probably do best with Laini. The older lioness would probably not appreciate his attitude and would likely be very blunt with him at times, while Rav might look at it as 'he's still young and has potential - if we could convince him to stay he might be a good future pride member'. Laini would most likely feel a bit bad for him on the inside.

It's up to you guys how they accept him, but that's just my speculation. Your thoughts?
Gemini
The maverick

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Don't look back

Nickname(s): Twin, Janna
Telegram: @maverickmule
Pride Points: 107

Postby Ravvij » July 3rd, 2014, 8:06 pm

I think it's good so far. If you want, we could make it so that the whole reason the one cub is being chased is because of him hunting? Running away from a pack of hyenas on an injury would be pretty ballsy for anyone. Maybe they tried to steal his kill and he faught back then ran? Something like that, maybe?
Ravvij
Fear is your Enemy

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Fear fear.

Nickname(s): Rav, Ravvij
Pride Points: 2

Postby Gemini » July 3rd, 2014, 8:11 pm

I was originally thinking that he was just going to have an accident hunting, maybe get hit by a gazelle or something and knocked unconscious. I wasn't planning on having hyenas, but I could work that into the plot. :3 Going to go post now.
Gemini
The maverick

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Don't look back

Postby TheWhistlerify » July 3rd, 2014, 8:15 pm

Hey, I don't think Kopa is canon either.

I just think that his character and its theories add a lot to Simba's already tragic life. It's what draws me to him the most.

Anyays, I can't post ATM but you guys can go on if you want.
You can take temporary / limited control over my character for the time being (have her run away from the hyenas with the rest of the group, etc...)
TheWhistlerify
Bananas

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Good source of potassium

Nickname(s): TW
Pride Points: 22

Postby Ravvij » July 3rd, 2014, 8:24 pm

If it helps, is this okay for my next post?
--Rav lept passed Laini to help the young lion being chased. He felt his blood rush and his heart pound. He bared his fangs and extended his claws, readying himself for the fight that was to come.
Kaith almost stopped him, but realized that he would need help a bit later. "Come on, Laini! We should reach the mountains before they do!" she urged the young lioness, "We'll fight them where their numbers mean nothing."
Laini reluctantly followed Kaith's lead into the mountains, which were many leaps and sprints away still.
Rav was upon the pack of wild dogs almost as quickly as he'd left for them. He plowed into them and they scattered as he bit and swiped at them, fangs and claws tearing through them. He took only moments to disorganize the lot before he rushed to the younger lion. "Hop on!" he commanded him, signalling him to jump on Rav's back, "Before they come around!"--
Ravvij
Fear is your Enemy

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Fear fear.

Postby TheWhistlerify » July 3rd, 2014, 8:40 pm

Seems alright to me. ^^

But I think Gemi is posting now...
TheWhistlerify
Bananas

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Good source of potassium

Postby Ravvij » July 3rd, 2014, 8:43 pm

[quote="TheWhistlerify"]Seems alright to me. ^^

But I think Gemi is posting now...[/quote]
Thanks! Now I'm just waiting on Gemini so I can post it... :D
Ravvij
Fear is your Enemy

Fear fear.

Postby Gemini » July 3rd, 2014, 8:55 pm

Finished! I think it should fit with what you guys have here, except I had hyenas chasing him instead of wild dogs (whoops... although I can change that if you guys want Px). Not all my posts are going to be that long, but since it's my first one I think the length is justifiable.

[quote="TheWhistlerify"]Hey, I don't think Kopa is canon either.

I just think that his character and its theories add a lot to Simba's already tragic life. It's what draws me to him the most.[/quote]

Fair enough. I would certainly agree that Simba having and losing another child might explain why he is the way he is in TLKII. :hesitant:
Gemini
The maverick

Don't look back

Postby TheWhistlerify » July 3rd, 2014, 8:58 pm

The post seems to fit with what Ravvij had planned to write in his post. I'll see you guys in a few hours. :3
TheWhistlerify
Bananas

Good source of potassium

Postby Gemini » July 3rd, 2014, 9:02 pm

Alright. Take care. ^^
Gemini
The maverick

Don't look back

PreviousNext

Return to RP Planning & Discussions