Story/RP Players wanted

Re: Story/RP Players wanted

Postby Ravvij » June 28th, 2014, 4:53 pm

[quote="TheWhistlerify"]You mean is in how many characters there will be or how many roleplayers?[/quote]
Both.
By the way, if you'd like to join http://www.mylionking.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=40350&p=1102025#p1102025
I probably put that in the wrong place, but it's not really a private RP.
Ravvij
Fear is your Enemy

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Fear fear.

Nickname(s): Rav, Ravvij
Pride Points: 2

Postby TheWhistlerify » June 28th, 2014, 4:54 pm

Oh, I see... I actually thought you were going to turn this into a private RP. Since public ones depend on more than two people they always progress very slowly and just "die" after a few pages.
TheWhistlerify
Bananas

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Good source of potassium

Nickname(s): TW
Pride Points: 22

Postby Ravvij » June 28th, 2014, 5:01 pm

[quote="TheWhistlerify"]Oh, I see... I actually thought you were going to turn this into a private RP. Since public ones depend on more than two people they always progress very slowly and just "die" after a few pages.[/quote]
:P
Way to kill the mood. JK. Actually I was thinking about moving it to the private section.
Ravvij
Fear is your Enemy

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Fear fear.

Postby Ravvij » June 28th, 2014, 5:06 pm

[quote="TheWhistlerify"]Oh, I see... I actually thought you were going to turn this into a private RP. Since public ones depend on more than two people they always progress very slowly and just "die" after a few pages.[/quote]
http://www.mylionking.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=146&t=40351
Ravvij
Fear is your Enemy

Fear fear.

Postby TheWhistlerify » June 28th, 2014, 5:12 pm

Oh, so we're doing this? :0

Um, okay... I need an OC, don't I? <_>

I suppose this one will do... I might as well use a lioness OC...
viewtopic.php?f=38&t=10946&p=237145#p237145

We could say she's about as old as your character?
TheWhistlerify
Bananas

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Good source of potassium

Postby Ravvij » June 28th, 2014, 5:55 pm

Sure!
I look forward to your posts!
Ravvij
Fear is your Enemy

Fear fear.

Postby Gemini » July 1st, 2014, 11:14 pm

Is it too late to join this? :3 If it is, I totally understand, since you seem to be well underway already... but personally, as a fanfic writer, I'm really good with the 3rd-person paragraphs thing, so that's not a problem if that's the only thing you're worried about.
Gemini
The maverick

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Don't look back

Nickname(s): Twin, Janna
Telegram: @maverickmule
Pride Points: 107

Postby Ravvij » July 2nd, 2014, 9:35 am

[quote="GeminiGemelo"]Is it too late to join this? :3 If it is, I totally understand, since you seem to be well underway already... but personally, as a fanfic writer, I'm really good with the 3rd-person paragraphs thing, so that's not a problem if that's the only thing you're worried about.[/quote]
Sure, You're welcome to join! You know, just follow the rules I set out and it may be a bit tedious but it might be a good idea if you read all the posts so far before posting.
Also, My buddy and I have been conversing through PM to make sure we keep the RP as clean and conversation free as possible. We help each other see any flaws in what we've written but I think we could really use another player.
However, do you think you could submit a sample, or your first post for this RP, here and maybe talk about your character/s so my buddy and I can be sure that you're the kind of writer we'd like to have join us?
Ravvij
Fear is your Enemy

Fear fear.

Postby Gemini » July 3rd, 2014, 8:34 am

Yeah, no problem. I understand if you want some quality control. ;) I read all the posts so far and I really like where you're going with this. I decided on a character to use, but I don't have a link since I haven't used him in a while... I'll just put his info in a spoiler box.

Let me know if you think he will fit plot-wise or what role would be best for him in the story, I'm not entirely sure what you guys have been planning yet.

Skauti: show
Name: Skauti ('scout')
Species: Lion
Appearance: Slight, lean body. Dark, earthy-brown fur, the beginnings of a raven mane, a dark tail tuft, and brown eyes. Generally well-groomed, with a sleek pelt. Some scars.
Origins: Exact location unknown, raised in the desert.
Personality: Skauti is a loner at heart, and is very aloof and reticent. As such, little is known about his past. It is not known where, exactly, he is from, or who his parents were - at an early age, he was adopted by a desert pride, but was often teased because his skin and fur tones were much darker than the natives of the area. Generally, he prefers to be alone, often making a point of retreating off to be by himself. Eventually he ran away; although his exact motives for doing so are unknown, it is assumed to be because he fostered little attachment towards his old pride. His reluctance to form these attachments continues to the present day, and he often struggles making social connections with other lions when he comes across them. Though a very adroit lion and a competent hunter for his age, Skauti often appears cold, uncaring, and arrogant, making him sometimes difficult to get along with. He has a hard time trusting others. However, at his core, he only desires acceptance and approval, and will go to great lengths to prove himself to those he deems worthy.

And here's an intro/first post for my character, so you can kind of get a glimpse of what the two of us are like. :P

-------------------------

It'd been a long day, hot and sticky, but it was better than where he'd come from.

The lion leapt off of the smooth, unblemished surface of the stone, his sweat-slicked pelt bristling as his paws kissed the thin veneer of fertile soil that blanketed the fresh landscape. It was pleasant here. Pretty.

Too pretty.

His muzzle twisted into some vague expression of contempt as he gazed upon the valley. It was a strange place he had wandered into. Truth be told, he wasn't exactly sure where he was headed anymore - but that was not to say he was lost. Au contraire, he preferred the silence and the solitude of wandering. But still there was a faint gnawing, a faint... something. He wasn't sure what it was, where it was borne from... but his wanderlust would not be sated if he lay around in one spot like those stupid cubbies back in the pride.

Best to keep moving.

He ignored his impulses calmly, pressing on as he always did, his ears flattened and his expression otherwise bored. The lion had no goal in mind, and thus any direction was, for him, adequate. This sweet place would only be one short, ephemeral stop, and then he would continue on his way. Again, it had to have been better than that pathetic, sun-baked, sandy wasteland he'd come from.

He couldn't resist spitting on the ground in distaste, a soft snarl coming to his lips... but it quickly melted and died away once he smelled something odd coming in a gentle rush of the wind.

Was it food? A predator, perhaps?

His dark nose scrunched willfully, and he took a long whiff of the wind in silent, calculating anticipation. A herd of gazelle, somewhere north.

He pressed his lips together tightly, a growling emanating from the perennially-famished pit that was his stomach. It had been a while since he had eaten. Given that he was still growing, and given that it was of dire importance for him to furnish his meager body with the lean muscle he needed to survive... finding a steady source of nourishment was important. Even with his skills, living alone was a harsh struggle for a lion as young and small as he was.

Caution was of the utmost importance, he knew. It was a lesson he'd learned, harsh and early on in his solitary life. After all, he hadn't gotten this far by jumping headfirst into every possible situation. Thorough observation and careful study were the only ways to ensure that there wasn't a predator lurking behind the nearest tree - and even then, he was running a real risk every time he left to hunt.

Naturally, he needed to minimize those risks. And so he did not cut corners unless he desperately had to. Indeed, he had once had an experience - one of the few times he'd been foolhardy enough to let his guard down - shortly after leaving his pride. In not checking his surroundings well enough, he had been ambushed by a pack of hyenas. Fleeing for his life was the only sensible option, and even then, he might have died were it not for sheer luck.

He'd barely escaped with his life. But through it, he'd realized that luck was not an interminable resource that could always be depended on. When possible, he needed to rely on his control, his planning, and, most importantly, on his own abilities for his survival, not the directions of some careless and capricious fancy, and certainly not on the foibles and the questionable motives of others.

In the end, that lesson had stuck with him above all others, and it was an integral part of who he was and why he had to be so self-reliant. And so he lay in wait, scanning the horizon and eventually catching a glimpse of the herd as they grazed, silent and peaceful en masse.

They looked tantalizing. But still he continued to crouch behind a clump of grass, studying his potential prey closely.

So complacent... he mused inwardly, keeping silent as he watched the stragglers in the herd. Haven't they learned yet? That those who do not fight to live are quickly overtaken by others with more will than themselves?

He shook his head, budding clumps of mane falling to the side and framing his angled face, but could not complain. Their weakness worked all the better for him, after all. He prepared to creep closer, but not before another scent wafted past his nostrils, causing him to flare them in concerned curiosity.

Hmmm. His first instinct had been right, after all. There seemed to be the scent of predators in the air. Lions, on closer study. A small group of them.

His face twisted briefly in distaste. Naturally, it would be best to leave them and to move straight in the opposite direction, but...

He felt his stomach growl again, a sharp pang of hunger assailing his belly. Fleeing wouldn't be the best option. The mountain pass ahead would require a lot of energy and effort to cross, and he would need to rest up before even attempting to do so, lest something go wrong and he was caught in it for longer than he intended. And as it was, the land to the east, where he had come from, had not been altogether too forgiving...

The dark lion smirked, a note of self-confidence sparking in his center. This proved the counterpoint, the addendum, to his mantra... that sometimes risks were worth taking, provided that they had benefits involved. He didn't know what was beyond the mountain pass... but he'd heard of rich, fertile lands that would suit him well for a time as he continued on his journey and continued to grow. If he rested here, and ate well, then he would have the strength to cross those mountains without straying too far to the west or the east...

And besides, they were only a couple of lions. No more than perhaps four. He could keep himself hidden pretty well, he was sure, and flee if necessary. At this point, it didn't even seem like they were moving towards his prey, anyways...

Some reconnaissance can't hurt. After all, I need to eat, and besides that... he scoffed, succumbing to the trait that was, perhaps, both his greatest strength and his greatest flaw, ... I sure am curious...

-------------------------

Obviously not all of them are going to be that long, but... hey, I am capable of writing in coherent paragraphs, if that answers your question. :lol:
Gemini
The maverick

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Don't look back

Nickname(s): Twin, Janna
Telegram: @maverickmule
Pride Points: 107

Postby TheWhistlerify » July 3rd, 2014, 8:54 am

I never once doubted you could write well, but I was still looking forward to seeing what character you would be interested in using. His personality would definitely spice the group up quite a bit. Given that my character's shy and caring at the same time, I can see her trying to make him feel welcome while having difficulty to do so because of her timid nature and his often cold behavior.
TheWhistlerify
Bananas

Good source of potassium

PreviousNext

Return to RP Planning & Discussions