Mystic Lions and the Mistlands.

Re: Mystic Lions and the Mistlands.

Postby LilTiger » September 23rd, 2009, 10:14 pm

Um is there a character that can control water? If there is may I play it also :D
LilTiger

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

~*~

Nickname(s): LT, Lil, Tiger, LilT, ZM, Zira, Bored

Postby Zuri » September 24th, 2009, 1:46 am

Can i add my OC shartata viewtopic.php?f=38&t=3818 :D
Zuri

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

~Busa Ngo Thando Bo~

Pride Points: 0

Postby Mike » September 24th, 2009, 2:53 am

[quote="DarkLiger"][quote="Mike"]I see we have the RP thread up =) I assume you as creator will want the honor of the first post ;) so I'm just here to give you my OC profile that I'm using for the enemy. For this R he can have a black body, seeing as he's a black lion after all.

viewtopic.php?f=38&t=2594

I think we need to do a whee bit more definition of the relative power of the Leo and enemies. If a leo, say Bo, went up against an enemy holding an artifact, who would have the advantage, and what powers specifically would an artifact grant?

Also can I extend my character, Loona's power to being able to transform objects and material that she's in physical contact with, rather than just her own body?[/quote]
I agree with what mike said on the artifacts, what kind of powers could they hold?
On who would have the advantage, I think we kinda play it by ear, I don't know. lol Or Mike are you talking about if one attack is stronger against another attack?[/quote]

I just mean who would have the upper hand in a fight. I'm leaning towards thinking that the enemy would have the advantage, forcing the Leos to work together to defeat evil. That makes for a better story I think. And the type of power doesn't really matter as long as we're agreed about who the winner of a conflict would be. We can roleplay any type of power we want or need for the enemies, whatever our creative minds can come up with, (flight, strength, healing, telepathy, invisibility, the only limits are our imaginations!) and just have great fun with experimenting with powers, as long as we already know who will win in the end.

So basically my suggestion is: an equal number of Leos VS enemies+artifacts, the enemies win. More Leos than enemies: Leos win.

Then we'll never run into conflicts about whose character is stronger. That way we can have lively and incredible and powerful battles and powers without any risk of god moding.
Mike

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

King of Pride Rock

Nickname(s): Michael Freeman, Mikeyboy69, Sid

Postby Patrick » September 24th, 2009, 6:16 am

One magical artifact is stronger than the power of one Leo but not stronger than the power of two leo's. I thought I had put that in the plot, my bad.

As for the artifacts, they could have a range of powers drawing off of the concept of projection and manifestation of the user, meaning whatever that lion wants to do. But it can't be big.

And in the ned, I was thinking the Leo's win. The three lionesses together are supposed to be very strong. And then there's Bo with his force power, and Maya with her psychic abilities. It would make sense. But I would suggest having the black lions beat the Leo's butts first, to show that their artifacts are indeed stronger than the average power of one leo. And so that the Leo's can prepare for it next time. Do you guys know where I'm coming from?

And as far as powers, every Leo except Bo and Maya are first generation, which mean they can learn new powers at random as well as having their powers they have already grow into new ones.
Like with Loona's character, Mike can grow her shapeshifting into shapeshifting others. He can also let Loona have x-ray vision or something if he mentioned she learned it prior to RP. So magic to 1st generation leo's is like knowledge, they can learn it.

As for my characters, Bo and Maya, they are 2nd generation, they are born with one power and that power grows within it's power-set.

Bo has superspeed, then telekinesis, then force blasts
Maya has aquakinesis, then psychic abilities, and soon she will be able to create an astral projection the better she gets.
Patrick

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 0

Postby Mike » September 24th, 2009, 7:13 pm

[quote="Patrick"]One magical artifact is stronger than the power of one Leo but not stronger than the power of two leo's. I thought I had put that in the plot, my bad.

As for the artifacts, they could have a range of powers drawing off of the concept of projection and manifestation of the user, meaning whatever that lion wants to do. But it can't be big.

And in the ned, I was thinking the Leo's win. The three lionesses together are supposed to be very strong. And then there's Bo with his force power, and Maya with her psychic abilities. It would make sense. But I would suggest having the black lions beat the Leo's butts first, to show that their artifacts are indeed stronger than the average power of one leo. And so that the Leo's can prepare for it next time. Do you guys know where I'm coming from?
[/quote]

Yea man, that's just what I meant =) Because like in the fanfic, the Leos get to a point where they're practically invincible by pooling their powers, but alone they're not as strong as an artifact. That's it exactly.

A few things, Is my description of Loona's transformation-process cool? How long has Bo been in the Mystlands, and do you want everyone to pick a color? I just think it can make it a whee bit irritating to read if someone has like yellow. :S I'm having a great time on it so far ^.^
Mike

King of Pride Rock

Nickname(s): Michael Freeman, Mikeyboy69, Sid

Previous

Return to RP Planning & Discussions