The Lion King First Sunrise

The Lion King First Sunrise

Postby Hatari05 » September 13th, 2018, 4:31 am

Hey everyone how's it going sorry for the long wait been having computer troubles but now I'm finally ready to begin my next stories, First Sunrise and Last Sunset. As already stated I will be posting both stories at the same time allowing you to view both how this world begins and ends. There will be small connections that tie this story together that become quite important later on.

We have began the end of the Lion King saga now so to shall we witnesses it's beginning. The events that led to this tale that has unraveled. Here we see the beginnings of the lion and hyena War and how the hyenas came to be seen as they are, how Ahadi rose to the throne of Pride Rock and what his relationship with Kecila was. This story while tying into later ones can also stand completely on its own. If you have not read any of my prior stories this or Tale of Brothers are perfect starting points. Hope you enjoy this beginning chapter in the great circle of life.

A lone lion painfully moved his way across the lands rain soaking his features he could feel his bones aching and his body screaming in protest each step he took was nothing but agony yet he continued moving the darkness of the night concealing most of his wounds from the rest of the world. He still wasn't sure how things had come to this point or how he ended up where he ended up so much had happened so much that he couldn't fandom the exact events that led here. He felt his body about to give out but forced himself to endure all he could feel was pain the pain all around him and even within him.

Lightning crackled across the raining sky revealing his full form. He was a massive lion his fur shined a golden glow the mane on his head was black his eyes were a ruby red this normally showed strength and determination but for now all it did was match the blood leaking from his wounds which the lightning also revealed. The lion was clearly in bad shape he had deep bite wounds on his shoulders as well as near his neck, he had slash marks all around his body they were very prominent one right on his rib another just above his stomach on his chest his back looked like it had been flogged, it was covered in slash marks some on the top others in the middle and finally others on the bottom his back also had two deep bite wounds one just below his neck the other on the side of his back. He walked with a limp his paw being clearly sprang or even broke. There was a gash on his head and cut below his mouth another just above his eye. He was on the verge of completely collapsing and unless he found some shelter he would probably not being waking up tomorrow. He painfully made his way towards a cave the rain only partially concealing the trail of blood he was leaving behind a trail that the merged with the puddles of water already formed turning them a murky color.

The lion entered the cave and rested himself against the wall ignoring the overwhelming pain his body was in instead he focused on the much greater pain in his heart. He gazed out at the pouring sky and took in the sights of the cave he recognized it it held many memories for him, memories of a over zealous cub, memories of a street rat and finally memories of passion and love. What had happened between them how on Earth did things reach this point it was the only question that the lion known as Ahadi could ask himself. Ahadi gazed at the surroundings in the cave taking in the memories he remembered this cave, what it meant, how much he went through in this cave how much he went through with her, Kecila. The name escaped his mouth it almost sounded like a melody to him. He let the image of her beautiful form fill his mind her gorgeous blue eyes, the sparkle of her smile or rather her smirk she didn't smile very often but that smirk god it took his breath away. He could almost hear her teasing him and almost smiled at the thought but then reality hit him he saw her smirking again this one more cruel and mocking he saw the blood falling from her claws he saw her holding the twitching and barely alive form of his friend how on Earth did she bring herself to do that how did this all happen Ahadi kept wondering it was the question he kept asking himself.

"How did this happen?" Ahadi said in a pained whisper gazing at the drawings on the cave.

He approached one and saw the image it was of a young teenage lion well it was supposed to be in truth it didn't look like anything from any Pride Ahadi had ever seen but the image still mattered he saw the image of himself looking like he was caught in a daze a paw holding his chin up beside him a hyena smirking playfully. All the drawings linked back to something they did, why did he pick this cave why is he here, why did this happen, how did he let it happen?

"How could I not be prepared for this?" Ahadi asked himself letting the memories flood his mind.

"Everything was perfect w why?" he asked.

There was no answer he was lost and what could he do now he knew what everyone else would ask him but how on Earth could he do what they were asking? How could he do any of this? How did any of this come to be?

"I don't understand, I don't understand how, how" Ahadi said in pain he then collapsed to the ground finding himself on the verge of passing out the same question haunting him

"How did I get here?" he said in a whisper.

He saw his vision blur and felt a darkness washing over him as it claimed him.

"Ho w d id I g et" he tried to desperately say before the darkness claimed him.

As he drifted off he could not help but think of better times a life before all this a time where he still had hope a time where he still had her.

So that gives you your first glimpse of the opening chapter of this saga, while not giving too much away this story will tie into Last Sunset eventually though the exact nature of how is very difficult to see until it is revealed. As already said both of these stories will be posted at the same time to give you a double experience. Next you will get your second glimpse of last sunset. Have you enjoyed this telling of the Lion King Saga up to this point, let me know in the review sections below.
Hatari05

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Location: Billings MT USA I try to pretend I'm somewhere else LOL
Nickname(s): you can just call me Hatari for short
Pride Points: 21

Re: The Lion King First Sunrise

Postby Hatari05 » September 13th, 2018, 4:33 am

: Chapter 1:

Beginnings

Over a decade ago, Ahadi raced through the pride lands a small kill in his mouth he felt a sense of pride from it not the kill but rather the fact that he stole it from a bunch of worthless royal noses. He found it funny they thought they were high and mighty and he was just a street urchin well that street urchin was going to eat tonight they weren't things were funny that way weren't they? Of course they didn't find it very funny in fact they seemed rather angry they usually were, Ahadi loved it.

"You worthless street rat come back here!" a lion called out to him.

"Uh no I don't think I'm going to do that" Ahadi told them before making a face at them.

"When we get our hands on you thief!" another lion said.

"Ha ha that's the problem you're not going to" Ahadi retorted before spitting at them.

Ahadi maneuvered his way through the lands racing past the antelope and moving towards the water hole. The two lions continued pursuing him they found themselves blocked by the herd of antelope.

"Move!" The lion commanded before pushing an antelope out of the way before racing after the cub. They were closing in on the water hole

"Aw what's a matter can't a bunch of royal losers catch a kid?" Ahadi taunted.

You'll regret every word street rat!" The first Lion told him.

Ahadi doubted that he made his way across the water hole and towards the borders of the kingdom his pursuers were closing in but it wouldn't matter soon. Ahadi crossed the borders leading into the divide of the kings a land and kingdom that acted as a sort of a bridge between the pride lands and many other surrounding kingdoms it was forbidden for Pride Landers to enter it unfortunately for his pursuers Ahadi didn't really care about the law, he raced past it and as expected his pursuers stopped.

"Don't you ever come back street rat!" they called out to him.

"No of course not!" Ahadi said to them mockingly, "I'll be back before dinner" he said quietly before moving on.

Ahadi made his way across the entire area before circling back to another border of the Pride Lands he snuck past the security and arrived at a cave entering it where his friend was waiting for him, Kilbali.

"Took your sweet time didn't you, I was beginning to think they caught you." Kilbali told him.

"Come on those guys could never catch me" Ahadi said with a bit of pride.

"Careful of that arrogance Ahadi it's not uncommon for our strongest traits to eventually turn on us." Kilbali told him.

"Sorry dad" Ahadi said jokingly.

"I'm not your dad or at least I hope I'm not or I might be dealing with some more severe problems than hunger." Kilbali replied.

"Yeah I suppose" Ahadi said while laying out the kill, "will that be enough? Ahadi asked.

"Yeah it should be fine thanks" Kilbali told him.

"Hey don't thank me you kept a lot of royalty off my back I owe you buddy" Ahadi told his friend.

"Right no problem" Kilbali replied.

"So everything go alright, you seem" Kilbali began to say.

"I'm fine" Ahadi said remembering the words the lions called him.

"Do you see a different life for yourself?" Ahadi asked.

"I don't know what do you mean?" Kilbali asked

"I don't know just something to make you feel worthwhile a life worth living where you don't have to steal for scraps" Ahadi stated.

"I try not to dream about anything it doesn't usually help, a fantasy is a fantasy even if it is what you want." Kilbali said sadly.

Ahadi could tell something was on his friends mind that didn't surprise him in the slightest he was always thinking about that particular subject it was probably best to ask him no good in keeping it bottled up.

"What's wrong?" Ahadi asked.

"I saw her again, Ahadi" Kilbali stated.

"And what did you do?" Ahadi asked.

Kilbali turned crimson he didn't know what to say he just wanted to get away from this topic as quick as ever why did he even bring it up in the first place.

"You know if you don't say anything it's kind of difficult for anything to happen." Ahadi told him in a rather witty voice.

Kilbali was becoming even more nervous he didn't have a response to that he didn't really have a response to anything revolving around her.

"Um I'm going to go get some air we're also low on water I'll go fetch more" Kilbali said though his blush and stuttering suggesting something else.

Ahadi watched Kilbali leave the cave he wondered where he was going though he actually didn't it was obvious where he was going he wondered if he would have the courage to actually say anything this time well perhaps Ahadi could give his friend a push.

Kilbali made his way towards Pride Rock there was a small pond bellow it and as usual there she was as always he wasn't certain what she was doing here every night but it was clear she enjoyed it. He tried to keep himself hidden not knowing what to say what could he say, he was a street urchin and she, well she was a princess. She was a beautiful princess at that her fur was brown her eyes an emerald green she always seemed so stern like she couldn't afford to have fun yet she caught Kilbali's eye since the beginning how couldn't she? Alright he needed to approach her just say something he considered it before retreating back to the bushes gazing at her.

"You know the girls aren't exactly attracted to stalking Kilbali in fact they tend to respond to it with a capital Ahhh and running away." Ahadi told him having appeared beside him.

"Well what do I say?" Kilbali asked flustered.

"Um let's start with hi I'm Kilbali and move on from there in truth any form of words would be an improvement." Ahadi said the last part having a hint of sarcasm.

"Um uh yeah I can't do this" Kilbali said nervously.

"Hm okay wait here" Ahadi said with a bit of a mischievous smile on his face.

"Wait" Kilbali called whispered back to him.

Ahadi approached the girl he didn't recognize her though she was clearly from Pride Rock which didn't exactly raise his enthusiasm to speak to her but hey bros stick together and help each other. Ahadi approached her only for her to turn to him.

"Rather late to see another cub" she told him.

"If you have a gift I'm sorry I'm not interested in it though I appreciate your gesture." She stated.

"What oh right um I'm not here for you I'm here on account of my friend he's kind of a wuss at times" Ahadi said.

"Being afraid isn't a wuss especially of being hurt tell your friend he doesn't have to hide." She responded.

"What no I'm his buddy but come on he needs to man up and choose to do that himself" Ahadi told her.

"What a cold statement he's afraid that's all that doesn't mean anything." She said.

"Come out! I would like to see you!" She said.

Kilbali was uncertain but decided to listen to her, "a thousand apologies your majesty I didn't mean" Kilbali began to say.

"Calm down, you owe no apology, who are you?" She asked him.

"I'm Kilbali it's a pleasure to meet you princess" Kilbali told her trying to hide his blush it didn't work.

"Call me Uru, and the honors mine" Uru told Kilbali giving him a gentle smile.

"What are you doing out here all the time?" Kilbali asked.

"I enjoy the night I find it comforting it allows me a little peace to enjoy myself." Uru told him.

Ahadi heard her statement and didn't really care the night was better but only because it provided better cover. What was so comforting about any of this a brisk wind may feel good if you live in a warm den but a brisk wind is just cold and unfeeling if you live alone of course he wouldn't expect royalty to know that.

"What's so comforting about it I don't see anything so different" Ahadi said trying to hide his spite.

Uru looked at him and could see the anger in his eyes she wondered what made him feel so.

"It's just comforting to enjoy oneself without any of the burdens that come from my heritage." Uru said.

"Burdens, like what sleeping in a comfortable bed eating to your heart's consent being having a home I'm sorry what burdens do you suffer you're majesty." Ahadi said in anger, burdens how dare she think for even a moment her life is difficult.

"Ahadi what are you doing why would you say that?" Kilbali said.

Ahadi ignored his friend turning away from all this Kilbali could deal with things from here he didn't want to be here anymore except, he gazed at Pride Rock and knew there was no where else he wanted to be.

"It's alright I did not mean to offend you" Uru apologized.

Ahadi ignored her he didn't care what she had to say and besides she didn't offend him.

"You! How dare you show your face here street rat!" A lion called out to him from the den.

Ahadi immediately fled from them but this wasn't a planned chase this was unexpected and they were full grown lions they would catch him soon in fact they caught him instantly pouncing on him and pinning him down.

"What did you think you were doing returning here?" The lion asked him.

"Release him" Uru demanded.

"Princess he is a thief he has stolen from the royal family many times" The lion told her.

"Do as I say" Uru commanded.

Another voice shook the area this one was deep and commanding oh no Ahadi had no desire to meeting him, King Mohatu

"What is this concern with a simple street urchin forget about him and focusing your attention on whatever intruders invade my kingdom." King Mohatu commanded.

The lion released Ahadi and stepped away Ahadi bowed respectfully though he hated bowing to someone like this.

"Thank you your majesty your kindness is appreciated" Ahadi told him.

King Mohatu turned to him as if some maggot was talking to him, "Don't talk to me or my daughter" he said.

Kilbali stepped away from Uru and bowed to the king as well though he didn't like it, "Sorry for the disturbance Sir" Kilbali said.

The King paid him no heed and turned away entering the den, "Uru come." He commanded Uru complied looking back at Kilbali and Ahadi.

Ahadi watched the King depart looking at Pride Rock once more he wanted to call out to him but knew he wouldn't listen why would he why would anyone, what did he matter, "I'm just trying to survive like anyone else how am I different from any other cub?" Ahadi asked.

The king turned him one final time, "You're a useless waste you were not born to my pride don't think to compare your riff rat blood to mine, you are nothing and when you die no one will remember you" Mohatu told him.

Ahadi felt a rage growing in him how dare he judge him like this he didn't even know him who was he to decide his worth.

"I can be every lion your pride is!" Ahadi roared. Kilbali looked at him in shock.

"Shut up while you're still breathing" Kilbali whispered to him.

King Mohatu looked at Ahadi as if he told some joke, "You could never be even half the lion my pride is you'll never matter even as the antelope eat the grass that was you." Mohatu stated before entering the den.

Kilbali sighed in relief he thought for certain Ahadi's words were going to get them killed he turned to Ahadi to see he was trembling and there were tears in his eyes.

"You alright" Kilbali asked concerned.

"I'm not a waste" Ahadi sobbed, "I'm not!" He said in tears.

"Let's go Ahadi there's nothing more to do" Kilbali told him.

Ahadi turned away from him he wasn't worthless he could do everything those lions in that den could do he could do more.

"you go, you go back" Ahadi told him

"Ahadi" Kilbali tried to say but was cut off.

"I'll be back later I promise" Ahadi said.

"Ahadi you look awful let me help you right now" Kilbali said.

"I don't need your help I don't need anyone's help, I'm not worthless!" Ahadi screamed before running off.

He heard Kilbali call after him but ignored it he didn't care they thought he was useless that he couldn't be half of what they were he'd prove them wrong they can't catch invading hyenas fine then he would he would succeed where they failed he would prove they were worthless ones not him.

"I'll show you, I'll show you all." Ahadi growled.
Hatari05

Postby Hatari05 » September 13th, 2018, 4:34 am

: Chapter 2:

Fateful Meeting

Ahadi ran through the Pride Lands sniffing the area looking for any sign of an intruder nothing, blast come on there were almost always invaders everyone was trying to get into the Pride Lands now the one time where Ahadi actually needed one was the one time things were peaceful. What a mockery to him the thought filled him with rage. He continued looking around but still couldn't smell anything come on someone had to be close.

"There's no way things are completely peaceful so come on hyena, rogue just somebody show themselves." Ahadi growled.

He caught a scent then a hyena, perfect he should've known it would be a hyena they never did know when to stay away but that was all the better for him finally time to prove that smug king wrong. Ahadi moved toward the scent it was in the tall grass, aw yes camouflage but Ahadi was pretty good at that as well time to see which one was better.

Ahadi crept into the grass moving slowly through it while taking in his surroundings he heard something moving around him but couldn't tell the exact direction it was coming from he needed to lure the intruder out he moved the grass causing it shake and emit a small sound that would no doubt lure the intruder towards him he had his claws if he was quick enough he could bring the intruder down. He moved slowly forward his plan had worked the sounds were heading his way he closed in on his soon to be prey, they were only a few feet away now was the time to strike. Ahadi jumped from the grass and pounced the intruder however he was shocked to see nothing there but how he was certain they were there, he then felt a paw grab him and place a claw to his neck.

"Hm well look what I caught today a lion cub, how interesting never caught one of those before" A smooth and almost teasing voice said a voice that was clearly female.

Ahadi watched as the intruder circled him before stopping right in front of him. It was a hyena she had blue eyes and was well built especially for a hyena pup but the most definitive expression was the smirk on her face.

"Hm quite the catch lucky me" She said her voice still teasing.

"Hey don't count me down yet hyena" Ahadi said.

"Really never would even consider the thought so I guess it's your move" the hyena told him almost playfully.

Ahadi felt the claws on his neck he knew his next move needed to be timed perfectly or he would see how much blood he had in him.

"You're right you got me" Ahadi said.

The hyena looked at him amused her claw moved just a bit as she did so, "Is that a surrender?" she asked.

"Yeah" Ahadi said he then grabbed her paw pulling it away from his neck slicing the side of it just a bit he then pulled her in only for her to throw herself at him knocking him down before she could do anything he threw her off pulling himself up and staring intensely at her she on the other hand just continued to smirk.

"Nice moves, got any more" She asked still teasing him.

What was wrong with this hyena here they were fighting to the death and she was teasing him about it, did she not realize her life was likely at stake?

Ahadi jumped at her and she moved aside Ahadi swung his paw at her which she deflected before swinging hers at his he caught it only for the hyena to grab his other. They held each other in place each pushing against the others.

"You're pretty good or maybe you're just persistent" the hyena told him.

"There's no way I'm going to let you beat me!" Ahadi declared.

"You hate losing so do I" the hyena told him before flipping him to the ground and placing her claws to his throat.

"But I don't lose" she said.

"You sure?" Ahadi told her.

She then noticed Ahadi's claws were placed on her neck.

"I'll settle for a draw" she told him removing her claws, "why you after me anyway?" she asked him.

"You're an intruder" Ahadi told her.

"And you care because?" She asked him.

Ahadi took a moment to answer that question in truth he didn't care he was just trying to prove himself to the pride to the kingdom prove he could be every bit the lion they were.

"You don't care do you?" the hyena asked him.

Ahadi couldn't help but smile at her response she was right he didn't care and from what he could tell she didn't care either.

"No not really bunch of self righteous jerks think their royal heritage means something." Ahadi told her.

"Aw so that was what you were trying to prove well word of advice kid don't pick a fight unless you're certain you can win, you're lucky the intruder was me a full grown hyena would've just eaten you. She stated.

In that moment it hit Ahadi what on Earth was he thinking he was a cub what did he think he was going to do somehow kill a rogue now that he thought about it it was suicidal who knew he was so stupid.

"I suppose you're right so what brings you here?" Ahadi asked.

"Bored just taking a stroll if you will enjoying a good hunt" She told him.

"You a good hunter" Ahadi asked her.

"Well I baited you didn't I?" She responded.

"True but I got out of your trap" Ahadi replied.

"Should've expected that you would bring that up" she said.

"Well duh I'm not going to admit I was beaten which I wasn't" Ahadi stated.

The hyena chuckled, "I like you kid got pride and you also got some skill" She told him.

Ahadi smiled at the response he had to admit he liked her as well she seemed like his kind of person.

"Yeah, name's Ahadi you got one" he said with a smirk.

The hyena smirked right back, "Kecila, I think mine has a better ring to it" she joked.

Ahadi smiled again she was arrogant, had a sarcastic sense of humor and had a strong sense of pride this really was his kind of person indeed.

Kecila approached him looking him up and down his build wasn't bad for a cub, "So where you from?" Kecila asked.

"I'm from the pride lands but I don't know where I was born or who my parents were and I'm not a part of a pride." Ahadi told her trying to sound strong despite the fact that he hated stated this.

"Aw a street rat a life of freedom and stealing sounds fun" Kecila stated.

"It's got it's perks what about you where you from?" Ahadi asked.

"A simple hyena pack nowhere special really, I come here every now and again to enjoy a good hunt." Kecila told him

"I can relate with that" Ahadi replied.

"I didn't expect my hunt to be a lion cub" Kecila said back.

"Hey you didn't hunt me and certainly not successfully" Ahadi defended.

Kecila was amused by his defense he was so in denial she absolutely had him after all no one so far could actually challenge her though this one was good she couldn't help but wonder if he could.

"Is that a challenge?" Kecila asked him.

"What well no I don't want to have to kill you" Ahadi responded.

"Oh of course you wouldn't well what about a non lethal one whomever traps the other wins." Kecila declared.

"Now that sounds like a challenge I can get behind are you tough enough to accept?" Ahadi asked.

"Oh yes I long for a good hunt go ahead and run it makes the chase more thrilling." Kecila told him.

Ahadi smiled back and took off running he wasn't certain why he was doing this but the idea appealed to him she seemed fun in fact she seemed really fun. He was looking forward to this. Ahadi looked at the grass to see any sign of movement though he now knew that might be a diversion he looked around at all directions waiting for her. Then before he could react she jumped from grass narrowly pinning him down Ahadi dodged it and took off running. Wow that was a close one but not close enough. He then looked back and saw Kecila hot on his trail whoa she caught up fast! Ahadi ran through the grass maneuvering his way through it but Kecila kept on his trail he wasn't losing her any time soon. Ahadi turned around and instead charged right at her wondering if she would back down she didn't instead they came right at each other and jumped at the other they collided in mid air and toppled over on the ground rolling all across the grass on top of each other before rolling to a stop. Ahadi burst out laughing which Kecila joined him he then grabbed her and tried to pin her which she resisted trying to push him down as well but neither budged they pushed on each other as hard as they could and were sent rolling down a hill both laughing playfully as they hit the ground. Ahadi smiled at her which she returned with a smirk.

"You didn't catch me" Ahadi told her.

"Give it time" Kecila responded.

"You sure I'll give you more time" Ahadi asked her smirking.

"I'm usually here during the nights when you're up for a rematch I'll be waiting" Kecila told him.

"I don't know I've got a lot to do during the nights" Ahadi told her.

"Oh you mistake me for asking" Kecila said with pride.

Wow who was this girl such strength such confidence Ahadi had never seen anything like it before lion or hyena. Just wow a hyena giving a lion an order who was she.

"Sorry I'm not one to take orders" Ahadi said though he couldn't hide his smile.

"Then I guess I'll have to hunt you down because one way or another there will be a hunt" Kecila told him with certainty she then gave him a playful smile.

What certainty she was something Ahadi didn't know what she was the only thing he knew was this encounter intrigued him and he needed to experience more of it she was fascinating and he knew there was more he wanted to know. He smiled and nodded at her she gave him a brief wave before turning away not even a real goodbye gesture like she knew he was coming back. Ahadi's stomach felt like it was doing summersaults he didn't know what he was feeling all he knew was this he was coming back he had to come back.

Ahadi returned to his cave where Kilbali was waiting for him.

"Ahadi where have you been all night?!" Kilbali asked.

"I'm fine Kilbali you have nothing to worry about." Ahadi told him, "nice job finally talking to the princess" Ahadi told his friend.

"Yeah she was really nice I don't know I, I want to see her again" Kilbali replied.

"Then go ahead her dad doesn't know anything about you I'm the one he disregards you're in the clear you had a family" Ahadi told him not even caring that he was referencing his lack of a family.

"Yeah I came here they sent me here actually" Kilbali said.

"Why?" Ahadi asked.

"I don't know I was never told" Kilbali replied.

Ahadi brushed it off he really didn't care about any of this stuff right now all he cared about was getting the night over so he could get to the next one, so he could get to his next meeting with her.

"Don't worry about it but don't let that girl go buddy" Ahadi told him.

"I don't plan to" Kilbali replied he then rested his head down.

Ahadi closed his eyes as well his mind filling with thoughts of Kecila just who was this hyena and what was it about her that he found so intriguing.
Hatari05

Postby Hatari05 » September 13th, 2018, 4:36 am

: Chapter 3:

An Unexpected turn

Kecila returned to her home near the divide of the king no one seemed to notice her which wasn't too surprising since she was an expert at sneaking though she wondered where her mother was she could hide many things from others but very little from her. Kecila entered her cave and waited she knew she would be showing up any moment now.

"Nice of you return my daughter" her mother told her.

Kecila turned and faced her mother the hyena queen, Kamara.

"Mother what a truly fortunate end to this night" Kecila replied.

Kamara almost sighed in annoyance why was her daughter like this such a trouble maker and now was not the best time for any hyena to making trouble.

"Where were you, Kecila?' Kamara asked.

"Just out for a late night walk maybe a hunt." Kecila answered as usual her tone was very uncaring, typical youth.

"And where would that be I know you weren't anywhere near here?" Kamara told her though she already knew where she was it was obvious.

"Nowhere special" Kecila answered in a bored manner.

Kamara had enough time to end this back and forth between them.

"Don't lie to me Kecila I know you snuck into the Pride Lands." Kamara said angered.

"Well if you knew why are we wasting our time with this discussion?" Kecila responded.

"I was hoping you would've been honest and told me." Kamara said saddened.

"Why would I do that I knew that you already knew the answer, why would I tell you something that you already knew?" Kecila asked in confusion.

"To be honest to let us be honest with each other my daughter." Kamara told her.

"I didn't lie I just withheld information" Kecila said completely uncaring.

Kamara was shocked how could her daughter be so uncaring to the potential danger.

"How can you take this so lightly if the lions see you they will kill you Kecila that's why I'm worried because every time you run off there's the possibility that you won't come back!" Kamara said her tone clearly worried.

Kecila listened to her mother's words she didn't need to explain any of this Kecila knew why she was worried it was obvious, though if she wanted this to end it was best to just listen for now.

"I know but you trained me to defend myself I can handle myself and I also know how to stay hidden." Kecila reasoned.

"Why do you keep going there Kecila there's no reason to risk it." Kamara responded.

"It's an easy hunting ground true there are others but the Pride Lands are the best it's also the only way to truly train myself to hunt at least on my own that's what I'm doing mother. Kecila explained.

Kamara didn't know what to say her daughter wasn't wrong and in truth was just better preparing herself something Kamara didn't have time to do while she was dealing with the situation with the lions.

"I understand but I don't want you risking yourselves the tension between the hyenas and lions are very high one slip up could cause a full on war, and that's not the life I want for you." Kamara reasoned.

"It's the one you prepared me for." Kecila stated.

"Yes because I'm not sure how much longer I can maintain all this I need you to be ready I'm sorry. Kamara said.

"I understand perfectly mother" Kecila replied.

"I love you Kecila everything I do is because I love you." Kamara told her

"I know, I do" Kecila replied softly.

Kamara briefly embraced her daughter before leaving her in her part of the cave. Finally Kecila was tired of dealing with all these the same conversation every time she was worried well no duh she was her mother. She did what she did because she loved her really why else do parents do what they do for the kids. Kecila knew all this why did her mother feel the need to state it all the time she was her mother she gave birth to her naturally she loved her it got so repetitive.

"Why do you feel the need to tell me the same thing over and over I know you're worried I know you do all this because you love me." Kecila told herself in annoyance.

"I don't need it spelled out I'm not an idiot." Kecila said to herself.

She rested herself down and her mind filled with thoughts of Ahadi. She was fascinated by the lion she looked forward to their next meeting and if he didn't show up Kecila wasn't joking she would hunt him down he seemed rather excited at the prospect of either it was an emotion she shared. She was looking forward to tomorrow night that she was certain.

Mohatu was sitting in Pride Rock alongside his mate Asha he was deep in thought the day had not turned out as he expected not at all.

"Mohatu come to bed you've been pacing all night" Asha told him.

"I can't tonight's encounter was different you saw it too didn't you?" He asked her though there was a hint in his voice that made it clear it wasn't a question, Asha recognized it.

"I suppose but what is it that you saw that one lion has been attempting to see our daughter for weeks now" She reasoned.

"No not him!" Mohatu stated.

"Is he not the one we chose you know as well as I do the purpose he will serve." Asha responded.

"No he was pathetic I'm referring to the other one" Mohatu said.

"You mean the street rat?" Asha asked though there was a hint of fear in her voice.

"Yes he stood up to me I could've killed him for what he said he knew this yet he still stood up to me, that's no ordinary street rat" Mohatu said with pride.

"Where are you going with this?" Asha asked.

"He is the one I seek the one the shaman told me of" Mohatu told her.

"Are you certain you know as well as I do the shaman often speaks in riddles who knows what he meant." Asha stated though immediately realized she shouldn't of.

Mohatu growled in anger and jumping at her and roaring in rage she stumbled back in fear and cowered on the ground.

"He is the one the Shaman referred to I can see it, you can see it" Mohatu said in anger.

Asha continued to cower on the floor as he towered over her, "Do you see it?!" Mohatu thundered.

"Per perhaps you are right this could be what the shaman foretold." Asha said in fear.

Mohatu turned away satisfied that they had come to an arrangement allowing her to stand again.

"But what does this mean for the arrangements we already agreed to isn't the betrothal necessary?" She asked.

Mohatu turned to her, "unless of course you feel it isn't" she corrected herself.

"No you're right we need this arrangement however that street rat is what I have sought though perhaps he can serve me regardless. Mohatu said.

"Of course whatever you wish I will support you" Asha told him.

Mohatu smiled satisfied everything was falling into place the hyenas were getting more rebellious and soon he would deal with them his alliance with the other prides were already secured through his daughter and now he had found the very thing he had been looking for the key to building a powerful dynasty. Soon Mohatu would be ready to claim what was his and seize his place in history but first the street rat would have to join him and he would one way or another that street rat would serve him.

Uru overheard her parents discussion she was disgusted with her fathers actions he was often cruel to her mother though his actions were just to deal with the threat at hand. Uru didn't agree with that threat the hyenas were not the enemy they didn't need to be enemies. Uru gazed out at the stars she knew her fate had already been decided and she had accepted it but she still wondered if there was a better path than the one they were on.

She gazed out at the night, "I understand my purpose but there must be more I can do to help this world." Uru said to the stars.

She thought back to the street rat she met he seemed so in pain his anger at her statement yet she also saw his determination to prove he was every bit the lion any member of her pride was. It was an admirable trait to see someone for who they were rather how they were born. She couldn't help but wonder who he was? His strength his resolve he was indeed strong. She also remembered how he approached her just to help his friend. A willingness to help others a trait so few truly appreciate these days, he was a different lion different than all the others who tried to woo her who was he?

Uru stared down at the pond the same pond she often sat by during the night, "Why did you do it why do you feel the need to prove yourself are you unhappy with who you are?" Uru asked him even though he wasn't there.

She thought back to his friend as well unlike the others he truly seemed attracted to her and it seemed to go beyond her natural beauty as many had called it. He seemed so nervous it was sweet though somewhat cowardly. Though she understood why it was still disappointing that she had to convince him to reveal himself she had hoped he would be willing to do that himself he was sweet though and quite kind another trait the world took for granted. Why had she met them she gazed at the stars and thought about what the beings up there had to do to achieve greatness was this the start of hers were they a part of it. Uru had no way of knowing but she knew they were unique they could bring true change, change Uru longed to see happen.
Hatari05

Postby Hatari05 » September 13th, 2018, 4:39 am

:Chapter 4:

Beliefs of the mind and the heart

Ahadi was telling Kilbali of his meeting with the hyena known as Kecila which his friend seemed to be rather surprised by.

"A hyena you befriended a hyena?" Kilbali said surprised.

"Yeah she was great kind of entertaining and man the confidence she showed I mean wow I've never seen that kind of confidence." Ahadi told him.

"Except every time you look at your reflection" Kilbali joked.

"Well maybe, but she was so strong and certain and the way she took everything in stride I mean she all but told me to meet her again a hyena gave a lion an order." Ahadi said in excitement as well as something else something he was too young to notice, something he would later recognize as arousal.

"That's bold I mean really bold so does this hyena have a name?" Kilbali asked.

"Kecila" Ahadi answered he took his time saying her name as if he wanted to savor it once again he didn't fully notice this.

"Wait Kecila you mean the princess of the hyena clan?" Kilbali said surprised though his reaction shocked Ahadi more.

"Princess wait Kecila is royalty she didn't seem to like it very much and happily joined me in mocking them." Ahadi stated.

"Hm well some princesses don't like their heritage Uru didn't" Kilbali explained.

"So what's the difference between a hyena princess and a lion princess?" Ahadi asked.

"I don't know I don't really get any of this whole royalty stuff it doesn't exist back in my pride I know that much." Kilbali answered.

"Yeah who needs kings and queens right." Ahadi replied.

Kilbali wasn't so sure true he didn't see the point but he didn't really pay attention to the going ons in the pride lands either perhaps they were very necessary he wondered all the same.

"Who knows Ahadi maybe it's necessary" Kilbali stated.

"Aw come on all you do is give other people orders and live the good life anyone could be a king what's there to complain about you wouldn't want to live a life of luxury and be free to eat whatever you want maybe even do whatever you want, it's a farce anyone could do it but it's handed to others because they're blood, why?" Ahadi asked angered.

Kilbali didn't have the answer to that neither he nor Ahadi knew what being royalty meant was it really just a life of luxury that anyone could do Kilbali wasn't sure.

"I don't know why don't you ask Kecila about it." Kilbali told him.

"Sure why don't you ask Uru, of course you should probably ask her out on a date first." Ahadi teased.

"Um I don't know about that" Kilbali said stuttering.

Ahadi smirked at his friend he noticed it was getting dark Kecila would be in the Pride Lands soon.

"I gotta go she'll be back soon!" Ahadi said practically bouncing.

Kilbali was surprised Ahadi had never been this excited for anything this hyena girl really affected him.

"Alright good luck buddy" Kilbali told him they then bumped their paws against each other.

Uru was approaching the water hole where she saw the nervous lion and the street rat talking though the street rat seemed rather energetic. She approached them slowly as she did many other cubs took notice of her and were attempting to talk with her Uru politely told them to leave her alone for now.

Uru approached the two lions, "I didn't expect to see you here" she said.

"It's a good place to just relax at" Kilbali replied trying not to sound nervous.

"I never got your friends name" Uru said.

"Oh uh right this is Ahadi" Kilbali said.

"It was an honor to meet you" Uru said politely.

Ahadi noticed Uru had arrived but he wasn't interested in another conversation he had put this off long enough.

"Yeah it was nice to meet you sorry but I have somewhere else I really want to be!" Ahadi said in pure excitement as he bolted off and ran for the tall grass he hoped she was there he really really hoped she was there.

Uru was puzzled by Ahadi's abrupt departure, "Uh nice to meet you" she said.

Kilbali was a little embarrassed by Ahadi's sudden exit, "he is more respectful, usually maybe, I'm not sure" Kilbali said pausing after each statement Ahadi was his friend but respect wasn't exactly his strong suit.

"What's he so excited about?" Uru asked.

"Not sure he likes to keep to himself." Kilbali replied it was partially a lie but not entirely aside from Kilbali Ahadi did keep to himself and it wasn't his place to tell Uru.

"I understand that, so do you live here I haven't seen you in Pride Rock?" Uru asked him.

"Um no Ahadi and myself are not part of Pride Rock we live elsewhere." Kilbali told her.

"Oh where did you come from unless of course you don't want to talk about it I wouldn't ask you to have a conversation you are uncomfortable with." Uru said.

"I'm from a Pride pretty far away we don't have kings and queens like you do things are ran pretty different." Kilbali explained.

"Hm then being here is probably a little confusing." Uru stated.

"Yeah it is actually I don't really see the point for all this" Kilbali said trying his best not to sound offensive.

"I can't explain it all to you I don't know the how of it all but I do know that the Lion's have maintained order in the Pride Lands for centuries."

"How is the leader chosen what results in a lion becoming king or queen?" Kilbali asked.

"It's already decided we are descended from whomever the first king or queen was we just continue that dynasty" Uru explained.

That sounded in truth rather absurd they rule because they were related to the first leader what if they weren't up to job of course assuming there was a job.

"What if the one chosen isn't up to you shouldn't there be a better way to determine a leader than blood?" Kilbali asked then placed his paw over his mouth why did he say that?

Uru smiled at Kilbali gently removing his paw Kilbali felt like a surge of energy rushed through him the moment Uru's paw made contact with his.

"You don't need to feel regret you don't understand it's natural to think what you do, to answer your question we are trained by our parents and taught the ways of a king or queen so that we can be ready as our parents were taught as well as we will one day teach our own cubs." Uru explained.

Kilbali wasn't certain it sounded like their life was almost predetermined a cycle that repeated again and again it didn't sound like the right way to live.

"That's that's different do you ever question it?" Kilbali asked.

"Of course but I accept it." Uru told him.

"What if your teachings fail what if the king or queen abuses their power, no I shouldn't be asking that!" Kilbali said trying to take back what he said he turned around and placed his paw on his head.

Uru smiled again and placed her paw on his shoulder Kilbali felt the same surge of energy and for a moment felt like his legs were jelly how did she do this a mere touch made him feel like his body was tingling.

"I don't know it's happened but I know very little about it, your concern is touching." Uru told him her voice like a melody.

Kilbali was struggling to stay focused but he found himself gazing at Uru's green eyes and found himself lost in them. They were like emeralds the glow in them sparkling so brightly he forgot about the moon and stars. He gazed deeper and found himself lost in her tropical rainforest. He gazed deeper and could've sworn he saw a light brighter and more beautiful than the great circle itself. Kilbali felt his heart rate accelerating he couldn't explain any of this all he could do was allow himself to journey deeper into her beauty deeper into her perfection.

"Kilbali can you hear me?" she asked.

Kilbali regained control of himself, "yeah sorry" he said trying not to become lost in her gaze again.

"Did I answer your question?" Uru asked.

"Uh yeah mostly I don't get it all and I'm not certain if it all works but you clarified some things for me." Kilbali stated.

Kilbali in truth wasn't sure about that she answered it but it raised more questions did this whole monarchy thing actually work. He didn't understand any of this the right to rule being trained your whole childhood it almost seemed to go against freedom itself though Uru seemed perfectly fine maybe it worked. In fact the only thing this conversation truly made him absolutely certain about was this, Uru was a goddess she was true perfection, her beauty, her voice, her eyes, the kindness and compassion she showed. Kilbali was confused and even almost against a lot of what he heard however he just might accept it if it meant being beside Uru.
Hatari05

Postby Hatari05 » September 13th, 2018, 4:42 am

: Chapter 5:

Feelings beyond understanding

Kilbali continued to sit beside Uru thinking about what he just heard as well wrestling with his own thoughts. Uru was intrigued by the conversation they had as well she then caught an unexpected scent, a hyena in the pride lands.

"I have to go Kilbali" Uru told him.

"What's going on?" Kilbali asked.

"There's a hyena in the Pride Lands if I don't go find it my father will and I won't let that poor creature die." Uru told him.

Kilbali almost jumped up at her response hyena wait Ahadi left to see a hyena.

"Did you say hyena?!" Kilbali said concerned.

"Yeah why?" Uru asked.

"Nothing let me help you I don't want to see any innocent creature suffer either." Kilbali told her.

Uru knew he was hiding something but for now she wouldn't mind the help and allowed him to follow her she hoped she would find the hyena first if her father found it things could get a lot worse.

Ahadi raced to the tall grass looking around for her where was she? He continued looking through the grass she had to be near by she had to be? He found himself grabbed from behind before being flipped over on his back.

"You drop your guard easily" Kecila told him while smirking.

Ahadi smiled at her pleased that she was here, "Guess I'll have to be more prepared in the future" he said.

"I suppose, nice to see I didn't have to hunt you down" Kecila told him.

"Hunt me down, I was prepared to hunt you down" Ahadi replied.

"Hm do you really think you could?" Kecila asked him.

"I'm confident" Ahadi told her.

"We'll see, this is a nice place but there was somewhere else I wanted to go you up for a little trip kid." Kecila asked.

"Sure but don't call me kid you don't look any older than I am" Ahadi responded.

Kecila smirked and turned away not even bothering to say anything. Ahadi raced after her she didn't even bother to see if he was following her she already knew. Ahadi's blood was racing this hyena girl was something else something he just couldn't even put into proper words, how could he not go with her?

Ahadi and Kecila crossed the boarders of the Pride Lands and entered the divide of the kings a lush and green kingdom filled with animals rivers and much more, Ahadi had never been here before.

"Whoa this place is great I heard things about it but the words don't do it justice." Ahadi said.

"Yeah it is quite majestic, I come here to hunt every now and again." Kecila said.

"You really like to hunt don't you?" Ahadi asked her.

"I take great delight and joy in the thrill of it, I find it truly exhilarating" Kecila answered.

"Yeah you mean the build up and the thrill of the chase." Ahadi said smiling at her.

Kecila looked at Ahadi and turned away her mind thinking about the most thrilling part, "Yeah the chase" She said pausing briefly after each word.

Ahadi just continued to smile at her, "so what do you want to do?" he asked her.

"Hm up for a swim?" She asked though in truth the way she asked it he almost expected her to say of course you are right after, wow just wow.

Ahadi and Kecila arrived at the lake Ahadi was getting ready to give her a bit of a push in however before he could Kecila moved and threw him in instead. Ahadi came up dumbfounded and stared at her, Kecila just gave him a shrug that all but stated gotta try harder. Ahadi felt like his heart stopped she was every bit his equal no she was beyond him in nearly every way, he had to fix that. Ahadi swam around through the lake where Kecila was standing every time he got near her she just stepped away. Ahadi dunked himself under water and swam to her ledge he then sprung out and pulled Kecila in.

The emerged from water Kecila soaked.

"I got you" Ahadi said.

"Yep now I'm going to have to make you pay" Kecila said she then smirked before disappearing under the water.

Ahadi looked around for her only to feel her underneath him she grabbed him and pulled him under Ahadi struggled against her pushing her off of him. He continued to swim around not noticing Kecila approaching him like a shark or at least she thought he didn't notice her when she reached him Ahadi dunked himself in the water and swam under her lifting her up he let out a mighty grunt before throwing into the water. Ahadi didn't enjoy his victory long as Kecila jumped on him wrapping herself around him and holding him still.

"You're pretty strong for a cub" Kecila said to add to her statement she then touched his arm and squeezed what would be his bicep, "Nice, very nice" she whispered into his ear.

Ahadi felt his heart jump was she really flirting with him while they were soaked in the lake or was she just teasing him well he wasn't going to let her have the last laugh.

"Well what are waiting for you going to try to take the upper hand or are you going to admire muscles more?" Ahadi asked with an arrogant smirk.

Kecila returned it before pulling him underwater. The two of them struggled and wrestled with each other as they moved all throughout the lake. Ahadi grabbed her dunking her only to find himself spun around and dunked in retaliation. Kecila jumped on him pushing him into a rock he struggled against her resulting in her falling off of him and nearly hitting her head on the rock without even thinking Ahadi caught her in between his arms and the world for a moment froze. Ahadi stared at her which she returned he felt her in his arms and it felt weird he couldn't really explain it but it felt good Kecila reached up to him and gave him a brief smile before rolling off and pulling him under the water. Ahadi emerged and Kecila not long after did the same they were panting hard as the made their way out of the lake. Ahadi and Kecila rested themselves on the ground panting while staring at each other.

"Wow that was intense" Ahadi said.

"You're pretty good I don't struggle very often" Kecila responded.

"Sorry about what happened before I just didn't want you get hurt I guess I just reacted." Ahadi tried to explain.

"Hm doesn't matter though I think you turned to crimson when you caught me" Kecila teased him.

Ahadi couldn't deny that he was visibly flustered when he caught her he thought back to her in his arms it felt good, which was kind of weird since he should think the idea of that was disgusting but he wasn't feeling that at all right now, he was loving every second of this. Ahadi looked at Kecila who was dripping from head to paw, he grabbed a leaf and began brushing it between her.

"Here let me help" Ahadi told her, Kecila took the leaf from him.

"Thanks but I don't need your help besides walking with this extra weight will be a good work out." Kecila told him. He then followed her she seemed to be slowing her walk to make certain he could keep up seems like she was enjoying his company just as much.

They walked through the kingdom together they didn't struggle or fight against each other this time they just talked.

"So is it difficult being on the street" Kecila asked.

"At times though I do take pride in running circles around royalty, though it does get a little lonely." Ahadi told her.

"I live with my mom she's nice though she worries too much and has a habit of saying the same thing over and over it get's a little annoying."

"Yeah I bet it would, so any other hobbies besides hunting?" Ahadi asked.

"Yeah I like to collect a few things here and there sometimes keep trophies of my hunts you know my achievements" Kecila told him.

"I could understand that anything else?" Ahadi asked.

"I'm a fighter always have been and pride myself on it I actually study martial arts" Kecila told him.

"That sounds awesome" Ahadi said even more stunned by her.

"I enjoy the night I find the wind the moon and many other things to be inviting" Kecila stated.

"I like the rain it feels welcoming and it's so soft yet unmoving I really like those kind of things" Ahadi said.

"I can enjoy a raining day but I'm probably the only one you would see standing in the middle of a lightning storm let me guess you found that weird" Kecila said.

Not at all it's different but it's cool you're really something Kecila" Ahadi told her softly while gazing at her what was happening what was this feeling in his chest?

"You're pretty cool too Ahadi" Kecila said, Ahadi felt his heart race even faster when Kecila said his name, what was this what was feeling he couldn't describe it.

Ahadi moved a little closer to her which she allowed the looked up at the stars.

"This didn't go how I thought it would" Kecila said

"What?" Ahadi asked.

"I didn't expect to have such great time with you" Kecila told him

"Neither did I, can we do this again?" Ahadi asked, he couldn't think of the possibility of not doing this again.

"Sounds great it wasn't how I thought things would go but it's win/win regardless" Kecila told him.

The two of them stared at each other he caught sight of her eyes which were blue like the ocean and just as strong he smiled at her feeling his heart rate accelerate the whole world had vanished it was just them now nothing could ruin this moment.
Hatari05

Postby Hatari05 » September 13th, 2018, 4:45 am

:Chapter 6:

Between two worlds

A sound rustled him from his thoughts what was that he turned and saw Kilbali emerging from the grass and Uru was with him, what were they doing here?

"Kilbali what are you doing here?" Ahadi asked him.

Kilbali didn't know what to say what on earth had he just witnessed between those two that was not friendship that was blossoming romance. How he was a lion she was a hyena he didn't know what to say this was, this was impossible.

"Kilbali why are you here?" Ahadi demanded, Uru answered his question.

"It's best you leave my father detected your hyena friends scent in the Pride Lands and likely followed it here." Uru explained.

"You're father well you must be princess Uru" Kecila said intrigued before turning to Kilbali, "And you well I'm not familiar with you perhaps introductions are in order" she said.

"and you are?" Kilbali asked.

"Kecila and you're I'm guessing Kilbali since I don't think Ahadi would mistake you for a girl or the princess" Kecila said her voice dripping with sarcasm.

"I see you have a sense of a humor" Kilbali said.

"Enough we need to go now before my father arrives!" Uru cried.

A roar shook the ground as a lion with dark brown almost red in fact fur and a brown mane revealed himself along with many lionesses.

"Father" Uru said.

"Uru what are you doing?!" Mohatu demanded before Uru could respond he pushed her aside away from the others.

"What are you doing here hyena?!" Mohatu demanded while closing in on her. Kecila seemed unafraid standing her crowd but it was Ahadi who stepped forward.

"Back off!" Ahadi shouted.

Mohatu was stunned he would stand his ground against him again how courageous this cub was time to push it forward.

"Move aside Street rat before I tear you to shreds!" Mohatu threatened.

"You're not touching her!" Ahadi declared.

"Ahadi what are you doing?!" Kilbali shouted.

"Enough kill the hyena and teach this riff rat a lesson he won't forget." Mohatu commanded.

Before the pride could attack another sound emerged this one was that of hyenas. Kamara revealed herself leading a group with her.

"King Mohatu step away from my daughter" she demanded.

"Or you'll do what filth?" Mohatu taunted.

"I'll tear you to shreds" Kamara threatened him.

"You are a pathetic hyena you are no threat to me or my Pride" Mohatu said.

"Don't test me you tyrant you're pride has already oppressed my kind and I would like nothing more to make you all pay for it!"

"You can't you hyenas are nothing and I will not have you so close to my domain." Mohatu declared.

"Release my daughter now!" Kamara commanded.

"I take orders from no one put these vermin in their place!" Mohatu commanded.

The lionesses roared and charged at the hyenas who met them in combat. The two forces tore into each other biting and clawing at one another. One lionesses threw a hyena into a tree while a hyena bashed another lionesses head into the ground. A pride lander bit into a hyenas shoulder while a hyena tackled another Pride Lander to the ground. The rolled across the ground biting and clawing at each other. Kamara tore her way through the lions in front of her making her way to Mohatu who stood back and watched the battle.

"Will you not fight your own battle tyrant?!" She demanded.

"I will not dirty my paws on hyena vermin like you, you're not even worth my time!" Mohatu declared gesturing more lions to attack her.

Kilbali and Ahadi watched as the two sides tore into each other in complete shock while Kecila seemed intrigued by the chaos. Uru was rushing into the chaos.

"Stop what are you doing this is not the way stop!" Uru cried out but her cries were ignored.

The two forces continued battering each other the battle spilled into the lake resulting in several combatants trying to drown each other. Uru continued trying to desperately appeal to them it didn't work instead a lion knocked her against a rock and a hyena came right at her. Kilbali without thinking jumped right in front of her taking the blow before grabbing Uru and rolling to the side. Ahadi turned to Kecila who was still watching it all unfold. Mohatu noticed the attack on his daughter and roared signaling his forces to stop. He walked over and picked up his daughter before gazing at the wounded Kilbali he then turned his attention to the hyenas.

"You would dare hurt my daughter." He growled.

"You would kill mine!" Kamara spat.

"You're daughter entered my kingdom a direct violation of our terms" Mohatu stated.

"We were once welcomed there" Kamara roared.

"That time is over" Mohatu declared.

Kamara growled at him before turning to her daughter she scooped her up and turned to Mohatu.

"One day everything you've done will be paid in full" she declared.

"I do not fear you, you cannot touch me!" Mohatu said arrogantly.

Kamara ignored and ordered her forces to depart she would deal with this another time.

Mohatu turned to the remaining lions before turning back to his pride.

"You two get Uru back to Pride Rock, you return the wounded one to his home." he ordered.

He then turned to a massive lion, "you bring take the street rat and when we return to Pride Rock bring him to me." Mohatu ordered he then left.

Ahadi was confused when he saw the lion approaching he picked him up.

"Hey let me go you royal jerk, let me go!" Ahadi demanded.

The lion growled before smacking him into the ground knocking him unconscious.

Kamara returned to her home and placed Kecila down she then turned to the rest of her pack.

"Leave us, now!" she said screaming the last part, the pack complied.

Kecila was surprised she hadn't seen her mother this angry in a while. Kamara looked at Kecila with complete rage.

"Do you have any idea what you nearly did today?" Kamara seethed.

"I went out and had some fun and ticked off the king in the process big whoop" Kecila declared.

Enough Kamara tried to be reasonable she would not tolerate this she backhanded Kecila as hard as she could. Kecila got up and looked at her mother surprised though she didn't seem scared, this worried Kamara she should've reacted to that.

"I'm sorry my dear but you left me no choice, you're actions very nearly erupted us into all out war." Kamara tried to explain.

"What's it matter the tension isn't going away even before I started problems" Kecila stated.

Kamara wanted to strike her again but decided against it she was right neither side was interested in peace it didn't help that she wanted Mohatu's head. She wanted to kill that brutal tyrant who exiled them out of his own sense of self importance. Kamara felt her rage grow she really did want to go to war but no she had others to worry about and couldn't throw them all into a bloody war for her own selfish reasons. Still Kecila was right the war was going to happen but she couldn't be the one who started it.

"That's true you are right however we cannot be the ones to start it if we are to ever regain our place in the Pride Lands in the world we cannot start this war we must be the peacemakers." Kamara explained.

"Why delay it everyone knows we hate each other why not just get it over with?" Kecila asked.

"Get it over with Kecila if this war starts countless will die!" Kamara shouted at her.

"I know but you yourself said it's going to happen anyway we can at least be ready for it" Kecila stated.

Kamara took in her daughters words and they were true again, "I suppose, Kecila what was going on between you and that lion?" Kamara asked.

"Nothing we were just hanging out" Kecila stated.

"Again you lie" Kamara said disappointed.

"And again you know the answer why do you always ask me questions you already know the answer to, stop wasting my time mom!" Kecila shouted.

Kamara backhanded her again knocking her to the ground she immediately regretted it reaching down to help her daughter up and what she saw made her blood run cold. Kecila was smiling wiping the blood away from her mouth she looked up at her and grinned. Dear god Kecila actually enjoyed that what on Earth was wrong with her daughter. Kamara reached down and hugged Kecila who pushed her away she then brushed herself off as if the hug made her feel sick.

"Thanks for the family bonding but I've got other things I want to think of" Kecila said.

"Kecila whatever relationship you and that lion are in will not end well think about it how will that not make things worse!" Kamara pleaded.

"Things are bad there going to get worse anyway so once again mom what's the point?" Kecila asked and even worse her confusion was real she could not see why this was bad. She then left her mother returning to her bed.

Kamara was terrified she had no idea her daughter was so detached she didn't care about the potential consequences to others because she didn't think about them and even worse Kamara was beginning to think that Kecila was incapable of thinking of them. How could she ask her the questions she asked her what happened when did her daughter change or was she always like this.

"Kecila my beautiful daughter what is wrong with you?" Kamara whimpered in sadness.

Kecila rested herself down again happy to be done with another lecture she thought of Ahadi he really did intrigue her she had to admit she did want to see him again. She began thinking of that last moment between them she remembered the feeling in her chest it was overwhelming she could still feel it this was not what she expected now she needed more. Kecila got up and sneaked away making her way back towards the Pride Lands following Ahadi's scent which only made her blood race faster.

Ahadi woke up to find himself in Pride Rock what on Earth was going on.

"It's alright you have nothing to fear." A lioness told him she had gold fur and green eyes, he recognized her queen Asha.

"what's going on?" Ahadi asked.

"You've been brought back per the kings orders he is expecting you." Asha told him.

"I don't care what he has to say to me" Ahadi stated,

"Don't be arrogant you are but a street rat you should be honored he has even considered speaking to you" Asha told him

"Because you're all so above me because you just happened to born into a royal family! Ahadi spat.

"Accept things the way the way they are Mohatu is king anything he wants goes." Asha said before leaving the cub.

Ahadi was alone in the cave when Mohatu approached him he didn't back away instead Ahadi glared at him.

"You are a foolish cub or courageous you stare death in the face and you do not flinch do you know what that is?" Mohatu asked.

Ahadi considered the answer before he could answer Mohatu continued.

"That is strength, pride, power" Mohatu answered.

Ahadi listened to his words what was this about? "What do you want from me?" Ahadi asked.

Mohatu ignored his question, "Those are the virtues and defining qualities of the very lion reign." Mohatu explained.

Ahadi wasn't certain what he meant by all this was he seriously complimenting him was the king complimenting a street rat?

"You lack the blood of a king but within there is the spirit of a leader regardless, however you have defied me and challenged me this would punishable by death." Mohatu told him.

"Then quit dancing around and get to the point you want to kill me fine but I'm not gonna grovel at your feet!" Ahadi declared.

Mohatu smiled at his response yes he was the one the shaman foretold, "yet again you mock death you feel no sense of inferiority no I'm not going to kill you I have something else in my mind I want you to join my pride" Mohatu stated.

"I want you to one day become the general of my army" Mohatu told him.

Ahadi was dumbfounded what did he just say? General of his army he was a street rat a maggot and the king wanted him what was so special that it made him choose him of all people.

"What, you want me to lead your army" Ahadi stated, "Why me?" Ahadi asked.

"Long ago a shaman in a tree far from here told me that a new golden age of the lions would come this age would dawn when the burdens of leadership would be taken on not by one of blood or even a lion born into a pride but rather an outsider a lion not from this pride a lion without a true mother or father, that lion would bring about a golden age unlike any other" Mohatu told him.

"Me there are several lions you think the shaman was talking about me" Ahadi asked.

"I know the shaman was referring to you I see it in your eyes you are the one Ahadi you will shape this world" Mohatu told him.

Ahadi didn't know what to say, "why would I agree to this?" Ahadi asked.

"I see who you long to be to live a life free of always running to no longer sleep in some barren hole to eat whatever you wish to do whatever you wish. I see the life you desire and you could have it all what will you gain in the life you have now. You will continue to hunt endlessly steal every day eventually you will be caught and you will die do you not see this isn't only the key to the life you dream of but it is the key to your very salvation." Mohatu told him.

Ahadi was seriously considering accepting this but then he thought of Kecila and in that moment his answer was clear.

"No I don't know what I truly want but I know it's not to be your lapdog" Ahadi stated.

"You do not realize what I am offering you don't be a fool" Mohatu stated.

"I'm going home now" Ahadi said firmly.

Mohatu growled in anger and jumped at Ahadi roaring Ahadi didn't budge.

"Very well you are free to go" Mohatu said.

Ahadi left the den turning his back on Mohatu.

"I'm sorry dear I know you wanted this" Asha said.

Mohatu backhanded her to the ground, "Do not believe me defeated he will join me he has no choice in that regard!" Mohatu stated. He looked at his mate cowering on the floor and paid her no need.

"Be certain you are up by the time I get back I have business to attend to" Mohatu told her.

Asha struggled to pick herself at up not daring to look him in the eye. Mohatu ignored her and left there was more important business he had to attend to.

Ahadi returned to his cave Kilbali was already asleep his wounds didn't seem to bad either. Ahadi rested himself down only to catch an intoxicating scent wait that was no she couldn't be here. He looked around and stepped outside noticing a stone on the ground Ahadi picked it up and gazed at it there were words on it.

"Hey I had an incredible time with you you haven't been scared off of future times have you, I long for our next encounter see ya then you know you want to.

With great affection Kecila"

Ahadi felt his heart race as he read the words he could almost hear her voice as he read them he felt a tingle in his body he entered the cave and rested himself down he held the stone close to his chest and drifted to sleep whispering her name in a romantic love struck voice.

Uru was sitting in the den watching as her mom whimpered on the floor. She approached her slowly before reaching her paw out to her.

"Mom why do you let him do that to you?" Uru asked her.

"There's nothing I can do Uru a queens place is beside her king." Asha told her.

"A queen should not fear her king" Uru reasoned.

"That's not my place I stepped out of line, I questioned the king and was rightfully punished. Asha stated.

Uru did not believe that at all her mother had valid points she brought up to her father and seemed to be the better ruler of them, "No mom you didn't say anything wrong" Uru said.

"He is the King of he says I am wrong then I was wrong" Asha said quietly.

Uru helped her mother up who proceeded to hug her, "thank you Uru" Asha said.

"Did you see it mom the way Ahadi and that hyena bonded I've never seen anything like it from the two sides."

"what do you mean Uru?" Asha asked.

"I think they could end this conflict there is a passion between them" Uru explained.

"That is very risky Uru imagine how your father will react to a such thing the hyenas are you suggesting we keep them together?" Asha asked

Uru knew how her mother would respond to her answer so for now it was best to leave it to herself, "It was just something else that's all mother." Uru said.

Asha look at her daughter while Uru thought back to something she heard.

"Mom what did Dad mean when he said you have arranged an alliance through me?" Uru asked.

"You are to be married to a lion to insure our alliance" Asha told her.

"Who?" Uru asked.

"That friend of the street rat I believe he was called Kilbali" Asha told her.

"You made this choice without even telling me" Uru said trying not to sound angry.

"You're father wanted it so it was done, I'm sorry Uru I really am but Kilbali is a nice cub he will be a nice lion. Asha reasoned trying not to cry.

"But I don't love him." Uru said.

"Love is not your father's concern and I can't do anything Uru, just be happy you were married to a lion who will actually treat you well." Asha said this time she was crying.

Uru understood, "you were betrothed to my father I'm sorry mom" Uru told her saddened.

"I didn't have anything and if I had refused my pride wouldn't of gotten out of it's depression, I do not regret it also it gave me you." Asha told her while gently touching Uru's chin.

"You are worth every hit every moment of fear and every moment of pain I love you Uru" Asha told her.

"I love you too mom, I know this is necessary so I'll endure it."

"You can Uru you are strong enough too" Asha said.

"When will this be announced?" Uru asked.

"Not for many years just don't say anything you weren't supposed to know either but I promise you Uru you will have a happy life, I promise" Asha told her there was a hint of strength in her voice but it was hollow.

Asha and Uru embraced each other. Uru still didn't like that her life had already been chosen but at least it was someone deserving she never knew that her mother's life had always been so miserable she hoped she could help her one day but for now Uru had a more important purpose Ahadi and Kecila were meant for something and she believed what it was could very well save them all.

Well it seems Ahadi and Kecila are being set up to play the roles of Romeo and Juliet, because those always end well those type of romances have never gone wrong before. All joking aside this chapter is definitely when the story begins to take form with Mohatu's offer. Mohatu was an intriguing idea we've had plenty of kings but never before has the rightful king been a brutal tyrant, showing that maybe choosing a leader by blood isn't always the best choice. Unfortunately I'm afraid I'm going to have to stop here for now, with how much happened in this chapter it seemed like a good stopping point. So what's your opinion of the story so far. What do you think of Kilbali and his growing story with Uru, how do you feel about Asha, or Kamara? Finally what's your opinion on Ahadi and Kecila so far and what do you think will cause it to all go so terribly wrong. Hope you've enjoyed the story so far, see ya later.
Hatari05

Return to Fan Fictions