[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 384: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
View topic - It's official, there's gonna be a tlk remake. — My Lion King Forum

It's official, there's gonna be a tlk remake.

Re: It's official, there's gonna be a tlk remake.

Postby MeerkatOnTheMoon » February 10th, 2020, 1:36 pm

Yes, I wasn't expecting it, though the Best Visual Effects nomination was well-deserved. Wow that 1995 clip is super nostalgic lol. I need to look up more clips from back then. Happy for Elton John. I was happy with a lot of the nominations and wins from last night.
Saoirse Ronan as Jo March in "Little Women". Wonderful!
MeerkatOnTheMoon
We need a new motto.

Let's get going!

Nickname(s): Jules
Pride Points: 4

Postby Elton John » February 10th, 2020, 5:19 pm

Thinking about it, I want to hear Arnie and Stallone cover Hakuna Matata with Arnie as Timon, Stallone as Pumbaa and Jean Claude Van Damme as Simba.

In fact they should remake this remake but instead of cgi savannah and animals it is old washed up action stars among other characters playing the characters. Sean Bean can be Scar, JCVD can roundhouse kick him off pride rock at the end. Musical numbers will still be in. Just imagine Steven Seagal singing the circle of life!
Why do we fall? So that we can learn to pick ourselves back up again.
Elton John
I’m with you

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Till the end of the line!

Pride Points: 228

Postby MeerkatOnTheMoon » February 10th, 2020, 6:39 pm

Oh wow that’d be iconic. I’d be entertained. Funny how I actually cast Arnie in my fanfiction - my own version of TLK3. He’s playing a new hippo character. Lol.
Saoirse Ronan as Jo March in "Little Women". Wonderful!
MeerkatOnTheMoon
We need a new motto.

Let's get going!

Nickname(s): Jules
Pride Points: 4

Postby Bunga2019 » February 12th, 2020, 9:04 am

[quote="MeerkatOnTheMoon"]Yes, I wasn't expecting it, though the Best Visual Effects nomination was well-deserved.[/quote]
That´s right.
Bunga2019
Kwanzaa

Nickname(s): Rudolph
Pride Points: 0

Postby Stormy » February 13th, 2020, 5:27 am

Finding it weird but amazing at the same time that Lion King 2019 is still running a few theaters worldwide just squeezing out any last penny it can after 7-8 months. Doesn’t look like Frozen will be able to catch it, it hit a fatigue compared to how consistently TLK was growing. Doesn’t look like Star Wars will make it either. For some reason, because of Endgame I really underestimated how much 1.6B really was for a movie and how much it really takes to get there.
Compared to everyone on this site I'm pretty much a 2 year old.
Stormy
this site

is a weird place

Nickname(s): Storm
Pride Points: 6

Postby Gemini » April 19th, 2020, 6:46 pm

[quote="Abyssal_S"]Finding it weird but amazing at the same time that Lion King 2019 is still running a few theaters worldwide just squeezing out any last penny it can after 7-8 months. Doesn’t look like Frozen will be able to catch it, it hit a fatigue compared to how consistently TLK was growing. Doesn’t look like Star Wars will make it either. For some reason, because of Endgame I really underestimated how much 1.6B really was for a movie and how much it really takes to get there.[/quote]

That's pretty bizarre to me considering where I live I think it only played for... I think two weeks? It was popular enough to be shown on its opening weekend at least. I tentatively batted around the idea of seeing it but when I heard it was a shot-for-shot I decided I'd rather pirate it or watch on Disney+ for free than support it with my money.

By the time I made that choice anyway though it was basically long gone. lol
Gemini
The maverick

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Don't look back

Nickname(s): Twin, Janna
Telegram: @maverickmule
Pride Points: 107

Postby le0 » May 11th, 2020, 9:34 pm

I need to watch this soon! Never did. :sad:
le0

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Jonas
Pride Points: 14

Previous

Return to The Lion King 2019