Postby KingKivuli » October 13th, 2013, 4:41 pm

Open topic to freely talk about Rafiki :hmm:
Yang - RWBY

Thanks Shadowfax!

My Gaming Channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCfr5wz ... 4qA/videos
KingKivuli
Master of Shadows

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

My darkness is light

Nickname(s): KK, Kiv
Pride Points: 68

Re: Rafiki

Postby Animal of the Wild » October 30th, 2013, 12:41 am

He's unique, that's for sure!
Animal of the Wild

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: -18

Postby M005kennedy » February 12th, 2016, 9:02 pm

I have a question. Rafiki uses a word, umpanata, in reference I think to a banana tree. What does the word mean and what message was he trying to convey?
M005kennedy

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 0

Postby Rollo » February 16th, 2016, 1:24 pm

^ Would you mind telling me what film/show this is from? I don't recall him ever using that term.

I think you're referring to the rhyme Rafiki sings when he meets an adult Simba for the first time:

Asante sana, squash banana
we we nugu, mi mi apana

In English this roughly translates to "Thank you very much, squash banana, you are a baboon and I am not!" He explains this to Simba before questioning him if he truly knows who he is. It's just a little African rhyme that he playfully teases Simba with.
Rollo

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 29

Postby xoxo » January 7th, 2017, 1:04 am

I think that Rafiki is annoying. I don't like him much. No offense. Sorry. :roll: :exasperated:
xoxo
Live. . .Love. . .Laugh

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

LovableLioness08

Nickname(s): Holly Bear
Pride Points: 4

Postby ScarHades » October 26th, 2017, 1:16 pm

I've just read that his voice actor from the movies died the day before yesterday. When I was going into my email account yesterday, 1 of the headlines on the page said that Fats Domino the singer of Blueberry Hill had died that morning and I decided to read that article and at the bottom of the page was a Slideshow of stars we've lost this year and the first 1 listed was the guy that voiced Rafiki who had died the day before Fats. Does that make him the first cast member of the movie to die? RIP Robert.
ScarHades

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Rors
Pride Points: 3

Postby TheLionPrince » October 31st, 2017, 5:13 pm

[quote="ScarHades"]I've just read that his voice actor from the movies died the day before yesterday. When I was going into my email account yesterday, 1 of the headlines on the page said that Fats Domino the singer of Blueberry Hill had died that morning and I decided to read that article and at the bottom of the page was a Slideshow of stars we've lost this year and the first 1 listed was the guy that voiced Rafiki who had died the day before Fats. Does that make him the first cast member of the movie to die? RIP Robert.[/quote]

No, Madge Sinclair was the first cast member to pass away. She died in December 1995 from leukemia.
TheLionPrince
Crown Prince of the Pridelands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Chris, TLP
Pride Points: 152

Postby Heleigh » April 19th, 2019, 9:10 pm

I really like Rafiki. Such a creepy little monkey :O
Heleigh
In your reflection

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 1

Postby TLK_Kid » April 19th, 2019, 9:37 pm

*spots this topic*

*rejoices*

TILL WE FIND OUR PLAAAACCEEEEEE
TLK_Kid
When in doubt...

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

ASANTE SANA SQUASH BANANA

Nickname(s): Just call me Kid xD
Pride Points: 4

Postby Meskhenet » May 1st, 2019, 6:31 am

Rafiki is an interesting character. For a silly shaman, he is pretty wise when he needs to be and you can always count on him being there when you need him most.
Meskhenet
Let this prayer be your guide

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Always remember your pride

Nickname(s): Mesk
Pride Points: 21

Next

Return to The Lion King