Share your TLK Collection!

Share your TLK Collection!

Postby Moka » October 24th, 2009, 6:13 am

Post pictures of your TLK collection!

Here's mine:

I'm not gonna spare anyone the boring details, I have 2 TLK DVDs, 2 Simba's Pride DVD, 1 Simba's Pride VHS, 1 TLK1.5 DVD, a few lame books and a few plushies.

Now lets get to the exciting stuff :)

I have taken pictures of my awesome collectibles.

The first one is, without question, the pearl of my collection. I am one of the 3500 Lion King fans that own this epic 1st edition book, its the source of many concept/storyboard images that are on MLK. This cloth-bound book has been signed by Peter Schnieder, Don Hahn, Rob Minkoff & Roger Allers. It includes a sericel (fine art) screen-printed reproduction of original animation artwork (Simba from Just can't wait to be king). I give you...THE ART OF THE LION KING.
Art of The Lion King.jpg
Art of The Lion King

Shown is the case, the book, the folder, the sericel, and certificate of authenticity. (and some various items in my room). You can zoom in and read stuff, the picture is huge.

Here we have just one of many beautiful pages in this beastly book. (seriously its an inch thick and more than a foot tall).
Art of The Lion King Page.jpg
Art of The Lion King Page

Next is my TLK 2003 DVD Special Gift Set Edition. This collection has the TLK DVD with many extras for like...3 hours of viewing time. It has the theatrical version...which is my favorite part =) And it includes a little exclusive book...I haven't read it....and finally it has 10 actual signed drawings by the animators. (with a certificate of authenticity)
The Lion King (2003, DVD) Special Edition Gift Set.jpg
The Lion King (2003, DVD) Special Edition Gift Set

And here are the drawings closer up...
The drawings closer up.jpg
The drawings closer up

Next we have The Lion King: Six New Adventures, everyone seems to want these. The books include A Tale of Two Brothers, Nala's Dare, Vulture Shock, A Snake in the Grass, Follow The Leader, and How True, Zazu?
The Lion King Six New Adventures Books.jpg
The Lion King Six New Adventures Books

And the last thing that I have is these 35mm film clippings from a Lion King film reel. The picture does not do these justice, they're actually very good quality and delighting to look at =] I have about 80 of them:
35mm Film Clippings.jpg
35mm Film Clippings

Pretty nifty, huh? :D
Moka
:D

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 138

Re: Add your TLK Collection to the Gallery!

Postby LilTiger » October 24th, 2009, 11:13 am

Here's some of my wonderfull collection! (NOTE:I have other stuff, but can't find it :( )

TLKOriginalTapeGOODCONTITION.png

I had to resize it ^^
I have to admit, in September of this year i bought it for $2.50 ^^ And it's in mint condition :P

Will put up more later.
ImageImageImage
Sig by Simbaholic, userbars by WildSimba and Simba.
LilTiger

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

~*~

Nickname(s): LT, Lil, Tiger, LilT, ZM, Zira, Bored

Postby thanigraphics » October 24th, 2009, 1:17 pm

Very small TLK figurines, I got from a friend of mine:

TLK 3-D postcards:

If the photo quality is not good enough, I can scan in the postcards if you prefer that. For me it's not a problem to do that!
verliezer in een ongelijk gevecht....
ImageImageImage
vote for my site: go to http://www.leeuwenkoning.webs.com and click the voting button at the bottom of the page
thanigraphics

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

uh-oh, banana time!

Pride Points: 1

Postby Taka » October 24th, 2009, 3:41 pm

I love these plushies, they're so old lol
McDonald's plushies xd
This book is amazing lol
That drawing in the yellow page I made it when I was 5 years I guess lol
(These are not all the pages, if they were the book would be incomplete xd)
Taka

Pride Points: 26

Postby CommandoTheLion » October 24th, 2009, 3:44 pm

i cant find my camera =/
Xbox GT:Ex0tiicZ-Add Me Please Or PM me your GT
ImageImage
Image << By Moka
Image << By Me
Image << By SM
CommandoTheLion

Stein Um Stein!!! >:D mauer ich dich ein

Pride Points: 0

Postby LilTiger » October 24th, 2009, 3:45 pm

[quote="CommandoTheLion"]i cant find my camera =/[/quote]
Commnando, I think your only supposed to post here if you have pictures :P
ImageImageImage
Sig by Simbaholic, userbars by WildSimba and Simba.
LilTiger

~*~

Nickname(s): LT, Lil, Tiger, LilT, ZM, Zira, Bored

Postby CommandoTheLion » October 24th, 2009, 4:13 pm

just pointing out xD
Xbox GT:Ex0tiicZ-Add Me Please Or PM me your GT
ImageImage
Image << By Moka
Image << By Me
Image << By SM
CommandoTheLion

Stein Um Stein!!! >:D mauer ich dich ein

Pride Points: 0

Postby thanigraphics » October 24th, 2009, 4:26 pm

no useless posts. just pictures please! :3

Here the 2 TLK mugs I have too:

And this are 2 pics from both sides of 1 mug:

When my figurines arrive and when I have that board game I ordered, I'll put the pics of those up, too!

edit: I've got the game! I travelled 2 hours together with Thani to the city where this woman lives who had the game. She was not a very nice person, really antisocial, lol. but I has the game! :D yayness :3

verliezer in een ongelijk gevecht....
ImageImageImage
vote for my site: go to http://www.leeuwenkoning.webs.com and click the voting button at the bottom of the page
thanigraphics

uh-oh, banana time!

Pride Points: 1

Postby Moka » October 25th, 2009, 6:41 am

Um guys it might be a while before you'll be able to see these in the gallery.

LT - the picture is kind of fuzzy! I can barely see it.

zTaka - the book looks great, but I'm not allowed to add pictures of the pages to the main site!

Thani - good pictures! I didn't even know there was a TLK boardgame xD
Moka
:D

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 138

Postby WildSimba » October 25th, 2009, 7:15 am

All pictures shown are Scans.

Scan of The Lion King: Masterpiece Collection, in Clamshell case:

Front:

Back:

Both:

Nala Plushie With Tin Case:

Pictures from the Disney Picture Dictionary:

Pictures from Disney: Animal Friends, coloring book:

Picture on Back:

Few pages from The TLK section:

I might add more later.

[quote="LilTiger"]Here's some of my wonderfull collection! (NOTE:I have other stuff, but can't find it :( )

TLKOriginalTapeGOODCONTITION.png

I had to resize it ^^
I have to admit, in September of this year i bought it for $2.50 ^^ And it's in mint condition :P

Will put up more later.[/quote]

LOL, I did the same exact thing. I got it for around 2 dollars, back in march. Then I switched everything from inside the case into a clamshell case, and now it's a nice, hard, mint condition copy of the movie.

thanigraphics... Those mugs alone are great looking. But that board game... is just so pleasing to my eyes. *adds to the list of tlk merchandise I want*
"There are you, you drive like a demon from station to station," - David Bowie
WildSimba
Fan the Flames

Ain't it Funny how it happens

Nickname(s): WS, David
Telegram: Ask me through PM
Pride Points: 122

Next

Return to The Lion King