Timon: Behind The Legend

Timon: Behind The Legend

Postby Timon the great » August 27th, 2012, 5:18 am

So has anyone here on MLK heard about this/seen the video?

*Edit: Had the link to this on Youtube, but it is now unavailable Image *

It first came out as a bonus feature on the original DVD release of TLK 1.5/3.

What are your comments or thoughts?

Did the Timon drawings shift any part of your view on him?

For me, I personally thought Peter G. was being an [bleep] to Timon :icky: . But nevertheless, I loved this. And got to see a few concept drawings of him when he was born and how some of his fellow meerkats treated him, as he was getting older (before the time of the TLK movies).
Last edited by Timon the great on April 27th, 2013, 6:39 am, edited 2 times in total.
Timon the great
Looking Beyond What He Sees

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Timon L. Berkowitz

Pride Points: 29

Re: Timon: Behind The Legend

Postby DGFone » August 27th, 2012, 6:04 am

I liked the concept art. :lol: Realyl shows how Timon chose to reject the Meerkat lifestyle after it rejected him. ("When the world turns its back on you, you turn your back on the world!") Sounds like while he may have gotten Hakuna Matata from somewhere else (I don't think it was Rafiki), looks like Timon created the rest on his own.

Looking at the other videos by the same uploader, it looks like there are more extras videos from the Platinum edition DVD that are not up in the MLK theater. Moka, any chance of you uploading those new videos onto MLK? They will make a great addition. :D
DGFone
Got wings

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Watch me soar

Nickname(s): Planes, DGF, DG
Pride Points: 138

Postby Avytar » August 29th, 2012, 9:23 pm

Wow that was a nice video. Timon is my favorite character. LOL i need to make an avatar of one of his hairstyles.
Avytar

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 2

Postby Meskhenet » August 29th, 2012, 9:49 pm

I find it interesting. Especially the hairstyle part. :lol: And baby Timon was really cute.
Meskhenet
Let this prayer be your guide

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Always remember your pride

Nickname(s): Mesk
Pride Points: 21

Postby Timon the great » September 8th, 2012, 7:08 am

[quote="DGFone"]I liked the concept art. :lol: Realyl shows how Timon chose to reject the Meerkat lifestyle after it rejected him. ("When the world turns its back on you, you turn your back on the world!")[/quote]

I think Timon just flat out didn't like the concept of what a meerkat has to do in order to survive. In TLK 3, it's seen that he wanted to make a difference here. There are scenes where he evens tell his mother and I quote him: "I was just trying to shed some light on our pathetic existence". And also, even more interesting (and amazingly points out the Exact truth about his colony metaphorically):

"All we do is dig so we can hide, and hide so we can dig!"

[quote="DGFone"]Sounds like while he may have gotten Hakuna Matata from somewhere else (I don't think it was Rafiki), looks like Timon created the rest on his own.[/quote]

I personally don't think he could've came up with the idea of "Hakuna Matata" on his own given his nature and background. But even then, there's a lot more to him than just this. But now that you've said it, do you have any idea where you think he might have gotten it from?

[quote="Abigail Beatty"]I find it interesting. Especially the hairstyle part. :lol: And baby Timon was really cute.[/quote]

Yeah. Both these things were great. In the hairstyle shots, there's one where he looks like a girl! *LOL!*

And then,

Timon (Ma messing with his hair): "Enough with the hair already! MAAAAAA!!"

I also liked this part too:

"Hey! Woah-hold on. What about my one-man show?
Is this thing on? IS THIS THING ON?
Hey, I know you're out there. I can hear you swallowing a lower life form!" (Laughs) :icky:
"I found a place that was beyond my wildest dreams. But..., it still wasn't home." - Timon; Lion King 1 1/2 (3)

Timon L. Berkowitz

Pride Points: 29

Postby Biomac » September 22nd, 2012, 6:17 am

LOL :lol: I totally loved it

I am the Hope of the Universe... I am the Answer to all Living Things that cry out for Peace... I am Protector of the Innocent... I am the Light in the Darkness... I am Truth - Goku.

Mosquitoes suck - Saitama.
Biomac

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Bio
Pride Points: 36

Postby cleargreenwater » September 22nd, 2012, 4:41 pm

I thought this was a completely delightful, really creative and fun extra, and unlike so many "extracirricular" things with Timon & Pumbaa, really kept him true to his original TLK character.

More creative bonuses like this and the Bloopers, please, Disney!
-------------------------------------

The Event that BROKE MLK...

Avatar artwork of my character by NQN, commissioned & used with permission.
TLKFAA account: http://fanart.lionking.org/Artists/ClearGreenWater/?+
cleargreenwater
Submersible Hyena

...Surfaces Occassionally.

Nickname(s): CGW
Pride Points: 39

Postby TheLionPrince » September 22nd, 2012, 6:31 pm

In a faux Biography documentary of Timon's life, Peter Graves interviews relatives of Timon's life to go behind the "legend" of Timon...only to find out there is no greatness to go behind. I thought it was a creative, well-made, and hilarious bonus feature. And I liked the concept art, and Timon's various hairstyles.

I love it!

On a final thought: Rest in peace, Peter Graves! I loved him in Airplane! :cry:
TheLionPrince
Crown Prince of the Pridelands

Nickname(s): Chris, TLP
Pride Points: 152

Return to The Movies