Re: MLK 18th Birthday Party

Postby Awali » June 14th, 2012, 3:16 am

Sounds like fun. :3

We press play, don't press pause.
Progress, march on.
With the veil over our eyes,
we turn our back on the cause.
'Till the day that my uncles can be united by law,
when kids are walking 'round the hallway plagued by pain in their heart.
A world so hateful some would rather die than be who they are.
And a certificate on paper isn't gonna solve it all,
but it's a good place to start.
Awali

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Awali, Rj.

Re: TLK 18th Birthday Party

Postby Moka » June 15th, 2012, 12:37 am

Those who are interesting in making new banners for either the Classic or Kisasa theme: there are requirements that must be met if we're to fit your banner into place.

For Classic:
As KK mentioned, the sides of your banner are going to be faded out. Leave at least 200px (preferably 300px+) of space on either side for the gradients (your banner will preferably end up being around 900px wide, max of 1200px wide). They will be faded to the tan that makes up the rest of the forum header. Your banner cannot be more than 300px high, because anything higher than that just looks silly. Here is the forum banner for the current theme: http://www.mylionking.com/forum/styles/mlkclassic/imageset/site_logo.jpg.

For Kisasa:
The banner you make must be at least 1015px wide and 125px high. (Any image wider than 1015px will have its right side cut off, so you might as well just make it 1015px wide. Maximum height of 300px, because again it would look silly.) The requirements are pretty relaxed, but remember the search bar at the bottom right and try not to have anything in the way of that bottom right hand corner.

If you have any questions please PM me :D
Moka
:D

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 138

Postby DGFone » June 15th, 2012, 12:42 am

Wait... why are the banners going to replace a theme? Can't we just have them become third theme (using the rest of the assets from the existing ones)? Because I would rather not have the themes be changed, even if it's TLK's birthday.
DGFone
Got wings

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Watch me soar

Nickname(s): Planes, DGF, DG

Postby Noah » June 15th, 2012, 2:43 am

^that might be too hard to do

I am looking forward to the banners. I know we have some really talented designers on MLK.
Siggy by Me

accolades: show

birthday siggy by regulus: show
Noah

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Only the lonely can play

Nickname(s): Nahaai

Postby DGFone » June 15th, 2012, 4:41 am

[quote="Noah"]^that might be too hard to do

I am looking forward to the banners. I know we have some really talented designers on MLK.[/quote]

Copy and paste under a new name? Shouldn't all the art files for a theme be in some folder where they can easily be modified, and therefore, duplicated? I think it's rather easy to create a new, slightly different, theme. At least, a properly made website should make it easy. After all, that's the entire point of templates - they are a basis for many similar but different pages.

And like I said, I'd hate to see MLK's themes change.
DGFone
Got wings

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Watch me soar

Nickname(s): Planes, DGF, DG

Postby FlipMode » June 15th, 2012, 7:41 am

I get what he is saying, actually. The current banners perfectly fit the two themes, I think it should be at least be optional to have the originals or the ones with the new banners...
FlipMode

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 266

Postby Panda-chan » June 15th, 2012, 5:56 pm

^ agreed with both. I really like the banners we have now, and no offense to the graphic designers but with one day to create a new one they may not turn out the best. It would be nice to have a temporary new banner, like the Google banner, maybe one that's only there for a week or so.
D̵̢̨̧̛͔̖͍̝̤̫̼̝̬̤̪̟͇͙̊̏̎͛̇̏͊͌̃̂̈́͂̒̄̅̚̚͘͝R̸̥̙͂̀̾̑̊̀̉́̀́̐̄̊̿̈́̄͑̐̕͝I̴̗̯̼̳͉͕̺̤̖̝̪̫̊͛͝͠Ǹ̵̨̧͈̮̦̖̝͈̥̗͕̭͉̺̲͕̥͔͎̹͖͙͇̲̘̩̞͓̦̦̯̮̙̜̼̝͈̣̺̰̺̟̙̫̫ͅK̶̢̢̡̧̢̛̻͎̘͉̦͚̳̗̱̗̮̫̲͎̟͚͖̠̣̺͎̠̤͈̩̞͈͚̣̳̟̣̓͊͊̍̀̇͆́͐̔̔̅̿̅̋̈̈́̔̈̒̌̆̃̇͗̂̐̽́͊̋͗̚̕͘͜͜͠͝͝ ̴̧̧̢̧̧̢̛̦̗̦̭͔̝͎̘͍͚͈̰̦̲͍̥͚̱͓̦̙̞̱̜̹̍̉́̿̃͆̆̾̀̍̊͛̈́̽̈́̀̋̒̾͗͗͂̾̊̇̃̈́̋́̓̄̂̐͊͂̏̿̅͂̚͘̚͜͠͝͠ͅͅͅͅW̵̢̧̨̥͇̳̩͍̪̓̉͊̓̏͜͠Ã̵̧̨͍͚̭̱̦̯̣͓̱̫͑͋̋̾̎͑̽̔̒͆̉͒͑͆̎͑̑̒͋̑̀̒̿͑̄͋̒͆̑͆̔̈̈́͂͆̾̾̌̃̏̊̓͘͜͝͠͠T̸̨̧̛̮̙̰͇̹̭̥̙̝̱̼̥͖̟̃̔̑̒̓̈́͂̈́̂̓̂̎̋͊̌͋̂͂̃̂͝͠͠͝ͅĘ̴̧̡̢̧̡̠͉͉͕̤̳̘̖̙̭͙͕̻͍̖̗͙̯͈͔͋̄̾̄͛͌͌͒͛̇̎͋̉̈́̆̈́̍̎̆̒͑̒̅̋̊̄̈̿͒̈̋̾̊́̔̚͝͠͝͠ͅŖ̸̠̫͓̞͈̫̉̂
Panda-chan

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

STAY HYDRATED, FOLKS

Nickname(s): Weeb trash
Telegram: 6834232905344686445634231897968563522324236894284563523722616678
Pride Points: 108

Postby Noah » June 15th, 2012, 6:24 pm

I second the "Temporary Google Banner" idea =)
Siggy by Me

accolades: show

birthday siggy by regulus: show
Noah

Only the lonely can play

Nickname(s): Nahaai

Postby Tora » June 15th, 2012, 7:09 pm

[quote="DGFone"][quote="Noah"]^that might be too hard to do

I am looking forward to the banners. I know we have some really talented designers on MLK.[/quote]

Copy and paste under a new name? Shouldn't all the art files for a theme be in some folder where they can easily be modified, and therefore, duplicated? I think it's rather easy to create a new, slightly different, theme. At least, a properly made website should make it easy. After all, that's the entire point of templates - they are a basis for many similar but different pages.

And like I said, I'd hate to see MLK's themes change.[/quote]

It shouldn't be that hard to make a duplicate template. After which you would be able to change the banner on the duplicate.
Tora
Never Forget

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Always Remain Hopeful

Nickname(s): Tim; Torasaur; T-saur; Rora; Goku
Pride Points: 129

Postby Tabby » June 15th, 2012, 8:05 pm

Where do i have to post the banner?, lol... I just finished my entry =P

Victory, at last!
Tabby
Back from the ashes

Nickname(s): Deess, LxL, Jose, Bean, Burrito
Pride Points: 103

PreviousNext

Return to News & Announcements