Scar's Reign (drabble)

Scar's Reign (drabble)

Postby Azerane » March 30th, 2012, 3:26 am

This is something that I wrote up some time ago, and have always wanted to expand on, mostly in regards to how Scar progresses as a character. While at the end of the movie, he seems as in control and superior as ever, you can't help but wonder if he would have cracked. Obviously he would have known that he was destroying the kingdom and it was nothing compared to Mufasa's or their father's reign. But that's the interesting part. Anyway, enjoy this short piece of fan-fiction. :)

-----------------

The sound of thunder rolling aggressively over the landscape brought chills to not only the pride, but also to the crowd of menacing hyenas. Though the thunder was not from the heavens. The almightly king, Scar, was enraged.

"She must be my queen," Scar fumed, "without her, the lioness's will show me no end of trouble." he growled, pacing about the cave. "She must be found, and tonight!"

Ed crouched in fear at the menacing sound, seeking refuge behind Shenzi.

"There is far too much land out there for us to search by ourselves, it would be impossible." Shenzi argued.

"No!" Yelled Scar, snarling with rage. "Recruit the others, you must search the pridelands, she will be there."

"This has gone too far Scar, if you don't stop this we will die out there looking for your so called 'queen'." Shenzi argued, glaring at Scar as he paced about restlessly.

"Yeah! After all, it's not our fault you're obsessed, I mean possessed, I mean..." Banzai trailed off from his apparant mistake as Scar loomed over him, staring down at the hyena who had dared insult him.

Fearing for herself and her hyena friends, Shenzi interrupted the encounter with a snarl. "We will find her." Turning to Ed, she signalled to the way out before loping out of the cave, Ed trailing closely behind and leaving Banzai behind.

"This is my kingdom, and you will listen to what I tell you. Now get out!" Yelled Scar, threatening the remaining hyena before he too, loped out of the cave in search of Nala. If all went to plan she would soon be his queen, and then nothing could stop him, not even the pride who persistantly dared trouble him. The use of the hyenas had not gone to plan. The lioness's could not hunt for so many and food rapidly declined. They kept the pride in-check, but they still caused more problems than they solved. Now at last he had found a use for some of them, and before sunrise, he would have a queen.

---------------
Azerane

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 9

Re: Scar's Reign (drabble)

Postby cleargreenwater » March 30th, 2012, 6:44 pm

No way, you write! :D XD Whee, fun :D :lol:

So do you think Nala was more of a crisis in Scar's madness then, or more like the biggest symptom?
-------------------------------------

The Event that BROKE MLK...

Avatar artwork of my character by NQN, commissioned & used with permission.
TLKFAA account: http://fanart.lionking.org/Artists/ClearGreenWater/?+
cleargreenwater
Submersible Hyena

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

...Surfaces Occassionally.

Nickname(s): CGW
Pride Points: 39

Postby Farren » March 30th, 2012, 10:11 pm

This is great! I can't wait to see more :D Good job keeping everyone in character too (Banzai made me lol) I like how you're mixing in concepts from the musical. After seeing the musical for the first time I always thought both "The Madness of King Scar" and "Shadowlands" should have been in the movie itself. They would have added so much more to both Nala and Scar's characters (and to the story itself)
Farren

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Socks
Pride Points: 6

Postby Azdgari » March 31st, 2012, 2:54 pm

Nice to see you putting up some writing. An interesting idea, to be sure. ;3
Guess the Member with Kitva Hyperlink: show
"Hates me
Nothing but facts
Male"

"...Woeler?"

"ya"
Azdgari
big, wide turns

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 114

Postby Azerane » April 1st, 2012, 11:55 am

[quote="cleargreenwater"]No way, you write! :D XD Whee, fun :D :lol:

So do you think Nala was more of a crisis in Scar's madness then, or more like the biggest symptom?[/quote]

From time to time :P I never get very far but I do enjoy it :lol:

And that is a very good question, something that I honestly hadn't thought a great deal about. Scar at this point, is certainly already mad, or going mad. The loss of Nala could certainly be a huge tipping point in his sanity, as it's not only the loss of a potential queen, but also an act of such defiance that would give the remaining lionesses hope. The fact that he would have essentially "lost control" of the lionesses would I think be to Scar as big a blow as the loss of Nala herself. I'm not sure if that answers your question or not though, lol. xD

[quote="Farren"]This is great! I can't wait to see more :D Good job keeping everyone in character too (Banzai made me lol) I like how you're mixing in concepts from the musical. After seeing the musical for the first time I always thought both "The Madness of King Scar" and "Shadowlands" should have been in the movie itself. They would have added so much more to both Nala and Scar's characters (and to the story itself)[/quote]

Thank you so very much. I certainly think that Shadowlands could have been a very powerful moment in the movie, however it would have spoiled the surprise of Nala finding Simba in the jungle, which I think is why a scene like that was not included.

And Azdgari, thanks! :D
Azerane

Pride Points: 9

Return to Fan Fictions