Removing the World Issues section

Hi! Welcome to the Feedback forum.
Before reading anything or asking anything; please check out the FAQs. Your question might be in there. However if you want a better understanding after reading the FAQs, like if it didn't explain it good enough, then by all means ask your question.

Please read the following before posting in this forum...

In this forum you will see an Announcement, and several "sticky" topics. The announcement is the Universal Board Rules. If you are new, read this before doing anything else! The sticky topics will stay above and separated from normal user-made topics in the forum. This is because they outline important information about the board. If you see a sticky topic concerning your issue, please reply with your question or concern in the correct topic. Moderators will see your reply within these topics. Before asking your question, be sure to read the topic and its first page especially. It contains information about your issue that is valuable and may even answer your questions. If the topic does not answer your question, ask your question within the topic, not the forum. If no sticky topic concerns your issue, then you are welcome to ask your own questions by creating a new topic within the forum.

Thank you for keeping the Board Help forum organized!

Re: Suggestion Box

Postby Azdgari » March 26th, 2012, 6:40 pm

How about 'serious discussions' because that's what really happens there? Hell, we could even be daring and call it a "debate forum" because that's pretty much what it is! It's a place for world issues which generally = controversial topics which = debate. Which some people, including me, DF, Woeler, and (confusingly?) Flip seem to frequent to have (oh gosh forbid) somewhat intelligent discussions about stuff. ;3
Guess the Member with Kitva Hyperlink: show
"Hates me
Nothing but facts
Male"

"...Woeler?"

"ya"
Azdgari
big, wide turns

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 114

Postby Woeler » March 26th, 2012, 6:44 pm

[quote="Azdgari"]How about 'serious discussions' because that's what really happens there? Hell, we could even be daring and call it a "debate forum" because that's pretty much what it is! It's a place for world issues which generally = controversial topics which = debate. Which some people, including me, DF, Woeler, and (confusingly?) Flip seem to frequent to have (oh gosh forbid) somewhat intelligent discussions about stuff. ;3[/quote]

Couldn't agree more
There are those who complain about the wind, there are those who hope the wind will change, --though the wise-- the wise adjust their sails.
Woeler

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 120

Postby Regulus » March 26th, 2012, 6:50 pm

[quote="Woeler1"][quote="Azdgari"]How about 'serious discussions' because that's what really happens there? Hell, we could even be daring and call it a "debate forum" because that's pretty much what it is! It's a place for world issues which generally = controversial topics which = debate. Which some people, including me, DF, Woeler, and (confusingly?) Flip seem to frequent to have (oh gosh forbid) somewhat intelligent discussions about stuff. ;3[/quote]

Couldn't agree more[/quote]

I also agree.
Regulus
Is differentiable...

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

But convergence is not guaranteed.

Nickname(s): Reg, Regs, Last Person to Post
Pride Points: 206

Postby DGFone » March 26th, 2012, 6:57 pm

[quote="Azdgari"]How about 'serious discussions' because that's what really happens there? Hell, we could even be daring and call it a "debate forum" because that's pretty much what it is! It's a place for world issues which generally = controversial topics which = debate. Which some people, including me, DF, Woeler, and (confusingly?) Flip seem to frequent to have (oh gosh forbid) somewhat intelligent discussions about stuff. ;3[/quote]

I also agree with this. What I do if I see a topic I don't like? I don't go there. Sure, sometimes I feel like a topic might have to go, but unless its actually breaking rules, it has a right to stay. Yes, I often see what I don't agree with, hence the term "controversial topics" - it's nearly impossible to have them without having at least one person get sour.

So if you do get sour, take a break instead of tying to get everyone sour.
Spoiler: show
Also, MY NAME IS DGF, not DF!!!11!0ne!one!
Lol, JK. Even my real life name is near-impossible to pronounce, so I go with 'if it's recognizable, I accept'. So if you want to call me DF, go right ahead. 8-)
DGFone
Got wings

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Watch me soar

Nickname(s): Planes, DGF, DG
Pride Points: 138

Postby Noah » March 26th, 2012, 7:00 pm

There's a difference between discussions and debating. Discussions are what forums are all about and an intricate part of My Lion King. Debates, on the other hand, lead to drama and cause people to choose sides and end up alienating people, if not done properly (which this site has a history of doing)
Siggy by Me

accolades: show

birthday siggy by regulus: show
Noah

Only the lonely can play

Nickname(s): Nahaai

Postby Azdgari » March 26th, 2012, 7:07 pm

An intelligent discussion and a debate are remarkably similar. If we talk about controversial topics, people will have different opinions, and they will defend those opinions. To say that debates alienate people and cause drama is cater only to the lowest common denominator, which is frustrating for the members here who are able to have constructive discussions/debates without blowing their stacks.
"Hates me
Nothing but facts
Male"

"...Woeler?"

"ya"
Azdgari
big, wide turns

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Woeler » March 26th, 2012, 7:11 pm

people! Keep the forum. If you don't want to get involved then just stay out of it. You have that choice and that right. Once you post you accept the fact that people will disagree, and if that happens to be me I will counter you. We have a thing called freedom of speech. The world exists so we might as well discus about the things that are happening. We are humans which means that we're all different and that we all have different opinions. If I think that someone is wrong and I can support that with reasonable facts, I have every right to say so. This is about intelligent discussions about what is happening in the world or about things that boggle your mind. it's fine as it is. I haven't seen anything offensive yet.

Debate will only cause drama if you insult people or call them idiots, not if you are defending your own opinions.

Yes I'm arrogant, I'm arrogant and I'm proud of it! I've admitted that before and I'm not going to change that because it's who I am and more important who I want to be.

Arrogance needs to be earned
There are those who complain about the wind, there are those who hope the wind will change, --though the wise-- the wise adjust their sails.
Woeler

Pride Points: 120

Postby Ozy » March 26th, 2012, 8:17 pm

[quote="Woeler1"]

Yes I'm arrogant, I'm arrogant and I'm proud of it! I've admitted that before and I'm not going to change that because it's who I am and more important who I want to be.

Arrogance needs to be earned[/quote]

http://artofkellyjohnson.storenvy.com/
Instagram @artofkellyjohnson
Ozy
Ya like jazz?

I need you to let me touch it

Nickname(s): KJ
Pride Points: 26

Postby FlipMode » March 26th, 2012, 8:20 pm

Kay then my 2nd suggestion is an ignore feature, so I can ignore arrogant people and their posts.
FlipMode

Pride Points: 266

Postby Azdgari » March 26th, 2012, 8:29 pm

Step one: See post that annoys you
Step two: Don't respond

Ignore accomplished.

Last edited by Azdgari on March 26th, 2012, 8:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Hates me
Nothing but facts
Male"

"...Woeler?"

"ya"
Azdgari
big, wide turns

PreviousNext

Return to Feedback & How-To