Spiral Sun symbol

Spiral Sun symbol

Postby Nitrol » December 15th, 2011, 10:08 pm

On many TLK-related materials like comics, books, etc. that's interesting because this symbol wasn't shown in TLK trilogy.
Bronies may know Spiral Sun - it's Zecora's cutie mark because she's African and this is an African symbol.
What it means? "The ancient spiral, thought to represent life, death, and rebirth, as the cycle of the sun, is incorporated in this version of the sun, a universal symbol of energy and light shared by many world cultures."
So that mean that this is nothing less, nothing more than a symbol of the Circle of Life!
Of course I knew that Sun controls the Circle of Life, but now I know that not only controls - the Sun IS the Circle of Life

Image First frame of TLK = Sun = Circle of Life Image :lol:

PS. I know that somehow it's sounds stupid, but I'm not English native-speaker and believe me - it sounded better in my native language, in my head. I just can't describe good enough what I mean in English.
Nitrol

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Nit, Mosi
Pride Points: 9

Re: Spiral Sun symbol

Postby Noah » December 15th, 2011, 10:36 pm

I never knew that. Thanks for sharing.

And don't worry, your English is better than some Americans that post here. ;)
Siggy by Me

accolades: show

birthday siggy by regulus: show
Noah

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Only the lonely can play

Nickname(s): Nahaai

Postby DGFone » December 15th, 2011, 11:19 pm

That symbol was used in The Lion King game (1994), so maybe it was going to be included in the movie, but got scrapped in the end.
DGFone
Got wings

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Watch me soar

Nickname(s): Planes, DGF, DG
Pride Points: 138

Postby Nitrol » January 13th, 2012, 1:04 am

Oh! I know where I saw this:

I was bored so I remade Spiral Sun in Inkscape to huge resolution ;)
http://img593.imageshack.us/img593/5269/path3039.png
Nitrol

Postby cleargreenwater » January 13th, 2012, 3:42 am

I always thought it was just a generic trying to be tribal Disneyfied graphic.

The thing behind the 1 1/2 is clearly Frith though so I stand corrected.
-------------------------------------

The Event that BROKE MLK...

Avatar artwork of my character by NQN, commissioned & used with permission.
TLKFAA account: http://fanart.lionking.org/Artists/ClearGreenWater/?+
cleargreenwater
Submersible Hyena

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

...Surfaces Occassionally.

Nickname(s): CGW
Pride Points: 39

Postby CanyonFox » January 13th, 2012, 4:43 am

Hmm, this is pretty interesting. Also, nice find, Nitrol, with the image next to Mark Henn's name! Really cool. :p
"Ah yes, the past can hurt. But the way I see it, you can either run from it... or learn from it."
CanyonFox
Simba Enthusiast

You gotta put your past behind you.

Pride Points: 3

Postby Regulus » January 13th, 2012, 4:55 am

Well, since plants produce glucose through the process of photosynthesis, which requires sunlight, this doesn't really surprise me. Without the sun, almost all life on Earth would be gone (with the exception being some life only needing volcanic activity).
Regulus
Is differentiable...

But convergence is not guaranteed.

Nickname(s): Reg, Regs, Last Person to Post
Pride Points: 206

Postby Nitrol » October 5th, 2016, 10:03 pm

Bump!
Links are dead.

Original image:

Spiral Sun that I remade:
Not in such a huge resolution thouh. That's the best copy I could find. ;)
Nitrol

Postby KionScar » October 7th, 2016, 3:29 am

I've noticed them appear in the credits on TLK1 & 2… I believe I could use a bigger copy of them all. So tiny the icons :)
KionScar

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 10

Postby Squeely » November 18th, 2016, 9:45 am

Noticed those all the time. They were all over merch, including books, the soundtrack, packaging, and so on. Always headcanoned that it was a drawing Rafiki had done - that tree of his is huge, can't even being to imagine all the paintings he must have all over it.
Ask me anything!#TeamFemale on the Gender Race

Squeely

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Sassy cub

Nickname(s): Debby, Debs, Deebee, Cap'n Squeels McDeebee
Telegram: @Squeely
Pride Points: 49

Next

Return to Beyond The Lion King