Simba

Re: Simba

Postby TheLionQueen » May 4th, 2011, 8:20 pm

Simba Simba #thinks# simba is the image of the average American parent overprotective, loving , singer (in my dads case) and always proud of your accomplishments.
TheLionQueen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Rachel or TLQ
Pride Points: 33

Postby FlipMode » May 5th, 2011, 5:08 pm

[quote="DGFone"]Simba is a hero people can relate to: he's not perfect. In fact, he's far from perfect. He is so flawed, that he's more human than well, other human Disney characters.
At first, he a bratty know-it-all. I can relate to that. I believe that we were all, at least at one point in our lives, at a state where we thought we knew everything.
After Simba "kills" Mufasa, he goes through around ten human years growing up thinking that he's a murderer, and he killed his own father. While I don't know anyone who experienced this exact thing, we all felt at one point or another, so depressed and down, that we were borderline (or past the borderline) suicidal. It can be for other reasons: family troubles, bad grades, etc. but we all felt utterly terrible at one point or another.
And when Simba returns, he matures quickly and learns from his mistakes. We either seek to be like that, or are already there.

Not like the Disney princess... (not to bash on them, but the only perk they have in common other than perfectness is naiveness)

Simba in short, is the personification of a perfect being. I define perfect as a person that you can actually become. This includes flaws, but good aspects too. Simba, you stole my heart, mind, and soul.[/quote]

^ Simba is much like the post you see there, awesome and hard to fault.

[quote="TheLionQueen"]Simba Simba #thinks# simba is the image of the average American parent overprotective, loving , singer (in my dads case) and always proud of your accomplishments.[/quote]

I would not say the average American parent is overprotective, in fact I would not typically stereotype people in general. You are right about his character, though.
FlipMode

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 266

Postby Misiziri » May 14th, 2011, 6:14 pm

Misiziri

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): La'Vie
Pride Points: 168

Postby Whitelionesseyes » May 23rd, 2011, 11:14 pm

Love u Simba!
•·.·¯·.·•—(•÷[•·.·´¯`·.·••°¤*(¯`°(At last I see the light)°´¯)*¤°••·.·´¯`·.·•]÷•)—•·.·¯·.·•

••°¤*(¯`Image°´¯)*¤°••
<º)))><•´¯`•±‡±Sing to me the song of the stars, of your galaxies dancing and laughing and laughing again. When I feel like my home is so far sing to me of the plans for which you sent me to this Earth±‡±•´¯`•><(((º>
Whitelionesseyes
••¤(`×[¤Light Crystal¤]×´)¤••

•°¤*(¯`°(We Are One)°´¯)*¤°•

Nickname(s): •°¤*White, lioness, WLE*¤°•

Postby Ultra Fox » May 23rd, 2011, 11:34 pm

Simba is awesome. :)
Ultra Fox
lyING kInG!!!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

woRSt MoVIE!!!!!!!!!!!!! >:(

Nickname(s): meem machine >;)
Pride Points: 97

Postby Moon » May 27th, 2011, 12:46 am

The lion king would be nothing without our dearest Simba.
He is the life and soul of the lion king.
Nuff said
I do NOT accept Jesus Christ as my savior. If you are a proud Atheist, do copy and paste this into your signature.
Spoiler: show
siggys made by meh :3
Moon

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Raawwwrr!! I scared you :D

Nickname(s): Erica
Pride Points: 4

Postby DoubleRainbowCow » May 27th, 2011, 1:41 am

Simba is my favorite character. He was a little into himself when he was a cub but when he grew up he realized to care for others and that being king wasnt that easy. He also took grat care of his daughter, Kiara.
DoubleRainbowCow
Alex is mah name :)

I like.... toast

Nickname(s): Alex
Pride Points: 3

Postby Whitelionesseyes » May 30th, 2011, 7:41 pm

He's one of the best Disney characters! I just love him and I can't wait to see him in theater again! :)
•·.·¯·.·•—(•÷[•·.·´¯`·.·••°¤*(¯`°(At last I see the light)°´¯)*¤°••·.·´¯`·.·•]÷•)—•·.·¯·.·•

••°¤*(¯`Image°´¯)*¤°••
<º)))><•´¯`•±‡±Sing to me the song of the stars, of your galaxies dancing and laughing and laughing again. When I feel like my home is so far sing to me of the plans for which you sent me to this Earth±‡±•´¯`•><(((º>
Whitelionesseyes
••¤(`×[¤Light Crystal¤]×´)¤••

•°¤*(¯`°(We Are One)°´¯)*¤°•

Nickname(s): •°¤*White, lioness, WLE*¤°•

Postby Lauren » May 31st, 2011, 2:57 am

I'm a very complex individual (not sure if it's true or what that means, but JK!) Probably not. ^^ Anyways, I want to continue sharing my feelings towards Simba. Unlike most TLK fans out there, Adult Simba in SP never bothers me. Why do I say this? The most common negative things that people often say about him in SP are "Simba's suck a jerk", "I don't like his appearance", "He tries to be like Mufasa too much", "He's such an idiot", "He's too overprotective of Kiara", "I liked him better in the first movie", and etc. For this one, "I liked him better in the first movie", I am not saying that this is wrong. I think about Simba more often and see him differently than most others.

[quote="Moon"]The Lion King would be nothing without our dearest Simba.
He is the life and soul of The Lion King.[/quote]
This would be one of my true feelings about Simba the most. To me, he's my inner strength, hero, passion, soul, and most importantly to me, favorite. In SP, most fans often say and focus on the negatives about Simba, but I don't. I don't care for those comments. The positives are not often seen, but I see them through my eyes. I know that Simba is very different in this movie and not 100% the same from TLK1, but there are reasons for that change. We all know about his life. I know him extremely well. Simba's past was very devestating during his cubhood because Scar is his only uncle and he tricks his young nephew into thinking that he caused his father's death. Simba was Mufasa's and Sarabi's only cub and one of his loving parents dies at the time when he's young. During his lifespan of growing up into an adult away from home, he has two greatful friends, Timon and Pumbaa, who took care of him when they found him, but Simba still suffered from his guilt about Mufasa's death. Later on, he went back to Pride Rock and had to fight for what is his, not Scar's. Scar clearly reveals to him that he was the one who killed his father and Simba enranges into a violent fight with him. Scar dies and Simba becomes the true king of his homeland.

As that time passes forward in SP, Simba becomes much more responsible and older. He now has Kiara, his daughter and only cub. We know that Zira is Simba's sworn enemy and it's extremely fierce. Since Zira introduces Kovu to Simba, he's now brought into Simba's life, which also happens later on when Kovu returns as an adult. He accepts Kovu into his pride, relucently, meaning that he's not happy about the choice. It's not easy to trust someone who comes from your enemy's side and that's what Simba deals with. He has his nightmare about Mufasa's death, which is completely understandable because of his past in TLK1. It is seen that Kovu appears in his dream and kills Simba the exact same way that Scar killed Mufasa. Simba sees the horror of his father's death from his own eyes and wakes up from his dream in fright. Later on, he reveals to Kovu about Scar with true fact and teaches him. He states "Sometimes what's left behind can grow better than the generation before...if given the chance." His reason for exiling Kovu was because of his dark motives from saving Kiara and thinking that he still started the ambush. After Kiara states that the Pridelanders and the Outsiders are no different from them, he realizes it. After Zira dies from refusing her help, he goes down to help her come back up and tells Kovu that he made his mistake.

I find it good that Simba realized his mistake and knows that he was wrong about his decision. He accepts Kovu into his pride, but with absolute great matter. I am not being judgmental, but everyone has different perspectives. I am one of those fans out there that can see the good in SP Simba and will always, not matter how much others continue to "trash" on him. Also, I can't hate him. If I do, I'll just die without him! My favoritism for Simba comes mostly from how important he is in TLK and my similarities to him. I also love his apperance in both TLK1 and TLK2. His adult voice just melts me. 8-) Simba's very important to me in my life. For TLK fans who dislike Simba in SP, at least think about my entire post for a few minutes. :) I stand strong for him and will always.
Lauren

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Moon » June 5th, 2011, 8:36 pm

SimbaObsesser you wrote quite a lot haha
and that is also my one of my true feelings for him. he was a great character and a strong one. yet when he was a cub he wasn't the smartest until he finally got hit on the head by rafiki or how ever you spell it.
I do NOT accept Jesus Christ as my savior. If you are a proud Atheist, do copy and paste this into your signature.
Spoiler: show
siggys made by meh :3
Moon

Raawwwrr!! I scared you :D

Nickname(s): Erica
Pride Points: 4

PreviousNext

Return to The Characters