Simba

Re: Simba

Postby DGFone » April 6th, 2011, 8:11 pm

Simba is a hero people can relate to: he's not perfect. In fact, he's far from perfect. He is so flawed, that he's more human than well, other human Disney characters.
At first, he a bratty know-it-all. I can relate to that. I believe that we were all, at least at one point in our lives, at a state where we thought we knew everything.
After Simba "kills" Mufasa, he goes through around ten human years growing up thinking that he's a murderer, and he killed his own father. While I don't know anyone who experienced this exact thing, we all felt at one point or another, so depressed and down, that we were borderline (or past the borderline) suicidal. It can be for other reasons: family troubles, bad grades, etc. but we all felt utterly terrible at one point or another.
And when Simba returns, he matures quickly and learns from his mistakes. We either seek to be like that, or are already there.

Not like the Disney princess... (not to bash on them, but the only perk they have in common other than perfectness is naiveness)

Simba in short, is the personification of a perfect being. I define perfect as a person that you can actually become. This includes flaws, but good aspects too. Simba, you stole my heart, mind, and soul.
DGFone
Got wings

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Watch me soar

Nickname(s): Planes, DGF, DG
Pride Points: 138

Postby Eli_Ayase » April 7th, 2011, 11:25 am

I nice great cub and adult in TLK 1.
Evil is evil. Lesser, greater, middling, makes no difference. The degree is arbitrary. The definition’s blurred. If I am to choose between one evil and another, I rather not choose at all. – Geralt of Rivia
[Facebook] | [DeviantART] | [FictionPress.com] | [FanFiction.net] | [My Tumblr.]
I come and go, don't question me.
Also I'm an weeaboo/otaku, fite me m8 1v1 irl.

If you find anything offensive of what I say. Then it's not my fault that you took it serious.
Eli_Ayase
Gwynbleidd

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Geralt of Rivia

Location: Iorveth's Forest (United Kingdom, Cambridgeshire area)
Nickname(s): Eli, Ann, Nat, Elichika, Eri, Ayase, Elise
Pride Points: 138

Postby Miharuka » April 10th, 2011, 11:33 am

Simba is soooo adorable and cute as a cub! >w<
Miharuka
Look at the TIME !!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Time for pizzer.

Nickname(s): Miha, Little POOTIS
Pride Points: 59

Postby Whitelionesseyes » April 18th, 2011, 7:58 pm

^Yes he is :) ^
•·.·¯·.·•—(•÷[•·.·´¯`·.·••°¤*(¯`°(At last I see the light)°´¯)*¤°••·.·´¯`·.·•]÷•)—•·.·¯·.·•

••°¤*(¯`Image°´¯)*¤°••
<º)))><•´¯`•±‡±Sing to me the song of the stars, of your galaxies dancing and laughing and laughing again. When I feel like my home is so far sing to me of the plans for which you sent me to this Earth±‡±•´¯`•><(((º>
Whitelionesseyes
••¤(`×[¤Light Crystal¤]×´)¤••

•°¤*(¯`°(We Are One)°´¯)*¤°•

Nickname(s): •°¤*White, lioness, WLE*¤°•

Postby Harvs » April 19th, 2011, 5:42 pm

[quote="DGFone"]Simba is a hero people can relate to: he's not perfect. In fact, he's far from perfect. He is so flawed, that he's more human than well, other human Disney characters.
At first, he a bratty know-it-all. I can relate to that. I believe that we were all, at least at one point in our lives, at a state where we thought we knew everything.
After Simba "kills" Mufasa, he goes through around ten human years growing up thinking that he's a murderer, and he killed his own father. While I don't know anyone who experienced this exact thing, we all felt at one point or another, so depressed and down, that we were borderline (or past the borderline) suicidal. It can be for other reasons: family troubles, bad grades, etc. but we all felt utterly terrible at one point or another.
And when Simba returns, he matures quickly and learns from his mistakes. We either seek to be like that, or are already there.

Not like the Disney princess... (not to bash on them, but the only perk they have in common other than perfectness is naiveness)

Simba in short, is the personification of a perfect being. I define perfect as a person that you can actually become. This includes flaws, but good aspects too. Simba, you stole my heart, mind, and soul.[/quote]

I completely agree with you DFG. This was a very well thoughtout post.

"A film should engage, not distract. expand, not contract. Inform, not retract. Redefine, not reenact."

Credit to my awesome signature goes to Twin.
Harvs
The old Simba66

The new HarvstootH

Nickname(s): 66, S66, Simby
Pride Points: 54

Postby Whitelionesseyes » April 19th, 2011, 8:35 pm

Simba taught me so much. Thanks to him and Kiara I found out who I really am. :)
•·.·¯·.·•—(•÷[•·.·´¯`·.·••°¤*(¯`°(At last I see the light)°´¯)*¤°••·.·´¯`·.·•]÷•)—•·.·¯·.·•

••°¤*(¯`Image°´¯)*¤°••
<º)))><•´¯`•±‡±Sing to me the song of the stars, of your galaxies dancing and laughing and laughing again. When I feel like my home is so far sing to me of the plans for which you sent me to this Earth±‡±•´¯`•><(((º>
Whitelionesseyes
••¤(`×[¤Light Crystal¤]×´)¤••

•°¤*(¯`°(We Are One)°´¯)*¤°•

Nickname(s): •°¤*White, lioness, WLE*¤°•

Postby Harvs » April 25th, 2011, 3:35 pm

This was the name that was brought into thousands of lives. Simba is as good a character as you could possibly hope to get. He starts off a cocky, arrogant little cub that you wouldn't see as king. But after his fall, he became one much more than we could have seen. I die a little bit inside everytime someone says that Simba is a cute cub. He is more than that, he is an imperfect lion. Learning from his mistakes takes him to a very high point in the circle of life, but he has to earn his way to being king. By learning the truth, facing his fears, and fighting his uncle, Simba is made the strongest king of them all (at least as far as we know). Like DGFone said, Simba became a character that you look up at in awe, but I think he is more than that. Simba lives in us all. For as long as we are flawed, Simba will continue to shine in our lives until judgement day. And even in death, he will live with us for as long as we let him.

"A film should engage, not distract. expand, not contract. Inform, not retract. Redefine, not reenact."

Harvs
The old Simba66

The new HarvstootH

Postby SophieCub » April 25th, 2011, 3:39 pm

I can relate to simba in some ways and if he wasnt the way he is I dont think TLK would be as popular.
SophieCub
Childhood Spirit

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): SC, Sofaloaf, Soph
Pride Points: 139

Postby Lauren » May 1st, 2011, 6:11 am

I have my stands and reasons for why Simba is my absolute favorite character. For what I am going to say is mostly about Adult Simba in my perspective of him. He stands in the life he lives in and resembles who he really is. Of all the actions that occurs to him from the climax in his cubhood to his stage in adulthood, he contains more than one place in his life. He is more than just being king and Mufasa's son. He is the one lion who faces so much danger from his past brought up to his future and fights it with strength. To fight your uncle and intentionally "killing" him, that's really massive, but Simba faced all that with Scar. I relate to Simba the most because I am learning to become a great social thinker and I often think about how I stand in my life than just a regular person. From my past with my Autism, I grew out of it and faced it over the years. I had to overcome it by "fighting" it (delete these unusual behaviors I contained from the start). I grew up to this point where I'm not "abnormal" anymore. I stand in my life as a former Autistic child who is just the best girl she can be. Simba stands in his life as the best lion he can be. We both stand as being proud of ourselves for the future life coming to us. That is why I best relate to Simba so much.
Lauren

Postby Harvs » May 2nd, 2011, 8:10 pm

[quote="SimbasMate1"]I have my stands and reasons for why Simba is my absolute favorite character. For what I am going to say is mostly about Adult Simba in my perspective of him. He stands in the life he lives in and resembles who he really is. Of all the actions that occurs to him from the climax in his cubhood to his stage in adulthood, he contains more than one place in his life. He is more than just being king and Mufasa's son. He is the one lion who faces so much danger from his past brought up to his future and fights it with strength. To fight your uncle and intentionally "killing" him, that's really massive, but Simba faced all that with Scar. I relate to Simba the most because I am learning to become a great social thinker and I often think about how I stand in my life than just a regular person. From my past with my Autism, I grew out of it and faced it over the years. I had to overcome it by "fighting" it (delete these unusual behaviors I contained from the start). I grew up to this point where I'm not "abnormal" anymore. I stand in my life as a former Autistic child who is just the best girl she can be. Simba stands in his life as the best lion he can be. We both stand as being proud of ourselves for the future life coming to us. That is why I best relate to Simba so much.[/quote]

I find Simba is the easiest to relate to in the Lion King universe. He has that certain aura of relatability that allows many people to feel the same way about him. And while most of us will never have to face what Simba faced, we know deep down that he is a character worth keeping in our hearts. Great post Lauren.

Harvs
The old Simba66

The new HarvstootH

PreviousNext

Return to The Characters