[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
View topic - A Few Announcements — My Lion King Forum

A Few Announcements

A Few Announcements

Postby Moka » June 19th, 2009, 11:34 pm

Moka
:D

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 138

Re: A Few Announcements

Postby KingKivuli » June 19th, 2009, 11:35 pm

ROAR!!
Yang - RWBY

Thanks Shadowfax!

My Gaming Channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCfr5wz ... 4qA/videos
KingKivuli
Master of Shadows

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

My darkness is light

Nickname(s): KK, Kiv
Pride Points: 68

Postby Zeke » June 19th, 2009, 11:36 pm

Congrats KK, you deserve it :)
"When the power of love overcomes the love of
power, the world will know peace."
-Jimi Hendrix
Zeke
Deeq

Pride Points: 18

Postby Schindler » June 20th, 2009, 12:07 am

How strict is the English-only rule gonna be?
Schindler

soñando a estar vivo

Pride Points: 0

Postby KingKivuli » June 20th, 2009, 12:09 am

strict id say
Yang - RWBY

Thanks Shadowfax!

My Gaming Channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCfr5wz ... 4qA/videos
KingKivuli
Master of Shadows

My darkness is light

Nickname(s): KK, Kiv
Pride Points: 68

Postby Moka » June 20th, 2009, 12:13 am

I updated Rule 12 again, because Schindler brought up a good point. If it's a discussion, then only English is to be used. If it's not a discussion, then it's okay to use different languages sometimes. Like your "con el corazón por la garganta" is just fine, but obviously if someone had something derogatory there instead, it would be deleted. It's not quite black and white and it will be more of a judgment call on both the member and the moderator.
Moka
:D

Pride Points: 138

Postby Schindler » June 20th, 2009, 12:20 am

Thanks, Moka. At least you and Zeke might still keep things fair.
Schindler

soñando a estar vivo

Pride Points: 0

Postby Mike » June 20th, 2009, 12:33 am

Good call. =) Judgement calls are always the way to go, people will just have to be reasonable rather than mucking around with red tape.

Congrats to KK, you're an honorable kind of guy, and though we got off on the wrong foot I think we've grown to respect and like eachother ^.^ *high paw for making it to the mod team*

While I understand that you can't let these things happen in the chatbox, I think the chat is one of the areas where we can have the most fun. It's got potential for both good things and problems, and if I could offer a suggestion, I think there should be stricter punishments for rulebreaking so the rest of the community can still use the chat.
I host MLK Fan Artist of the Week in the Fan Art section
For three years I had roses, and apologized to no one.
Spoiler: show
Thanks to Jaynr for the avatar
Thanks to Simba for the TLK signature
Mike

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

King of Pride Rock

Nickname(s): Michael Freeman, Mikeyboy69, Sid

Postby NightmareMoon » June 20th, 2009, 12:38 am

[quote="Mike"]Good call. =) Judgement calls are always the way to go, people will just have to be reasonable rather than mucking around with red tape.

Congrats to KK, you're an honorable kind of guy, and though we got off on the wrong foot I think we've grown to respect and like eachother ^.^ *high paw for making it to the mod team*

While I understand that you can't let these things happen in the chatbox, I think the chat is one of the areas where we can have the most fun. It's got potential for both good things and problems, and if I could offer a suggestion, I think there should be stricter punishments for rulebreaking so the rest of the community can still use the chat.[/quote]
Moka's right though. When there was no chatbox , everyone got along just fine and MLK was awesome and a FUN place to be.

Then the chatbox came. Along with a few more members that felt the need to start problems, the chatbox was a place where people felt safe from mods and Moka where the chat would be unseen by normal members within a few minutes. This resulted in some friendly arguments which escalated way too far. I witnessed many of these and participated in some... not that I'm proud of it, no.

Without the chatbox more people post on the forums, which is what this forum is all about. To post on it. :P Many forums die because of overuse in the chatbox, and I myself am glad to see the chatbox go. Hopefully the problems go with it.

But if it were to come back, this would probably have to be a necessity. :)
NightmareMoon
The one and only NM =]

The night... will last.... FOREVER!!

Nickname(s): NM, Jamie
Pride Points: 19

Postby morri908 » June 20th, 2009, 12:42 am

NM.. Isn't that what you said when Moka installed it? Chatbox=bad?
both siggies and avatar by Simba's Mate
No podemos cambiar el pasado, pero podemos dar forma al futuro
morri908

~Sarabi's Mate~ (was the first one... copy cat!)

Pride Points: 1

Next

Return to News & Announcements