Signatures

Hi! Welcome to the Feedback forum.
Before reading anything or asking anything; please check out the FAQs. Your question might be in there. However if you want a better understanding after reading the FAQs, like if it didn't explain it good enough, then by all means ask your question.

Please read the following before posting in this forum...

In this forum you will see an Announcement, and several "sticky" topics. The announcement is the Universal Board Rules. If you are new, read this before doing anything else! The sticky topics will stay above and separated from normal user-made topics in the forum. This is because they outline important information about the board. If you see a sticky topic concerning your issue, please reply with your question or concern in the correct topic. Moderators will see your reply within these topics. Before asking your question, be sure to read the topic and its first page especially. It contains information about your issue that is valuable and may even answer your questions. If the topic does not answer your question, ask your question within the topic, not the forum. If no sticky topic concerns your issue, then you are welcome to ask your own questions by creating a new topic within the forum.

Thank you for keeping the Board Help forum organized!

Re: Signatures

Postby FloraTheDarkFaerie » December 21st, 2010, 11:47 pm

[quote="SuperBabySimba"]"At least give us some HEIGHT". It's the height exactly that's the most crucial, so that's exactly what shouldn't be given.

Sorry that I misunderstood your point. But still, you implied that this change was a random one though it wasn't. Besides, people can still express and be personal with the signatures within the new size limit. They coudl be that even if a forum didn't allow images in them at all.

But you can still "dress" it. Besides, on a discussion forum the presence ought to first and foremost come by the written content without a need to "dress" it into tons of colourful graphic.[/quote]

EXCUSE me?! superbabysimba are you even a mod?! WTF are you doing acting all high and mighty for? :roar5:
and i agree totally with snowy. without members, this site would be dead
and GO supersimba!
[b]“I know what it's like to be cast out, to not be believed in. To long for a family.
All those years in the shadows I thought, no one knows what this feels like!
But now I see I was wrong. You don’t have to be alone Jack, I believe in you.”
-
FloraTheDarkFaerie
Not online much anymore.

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

life drama and generally being busy.

Nickname(s): FDF, FloraLioness, KiaraKovu (K&K, Flora, Fae)
Pride Points: 33

Postby WildSimba » December 21st, 2010, 11:47 pm

Well, obviously I disagree. The few forums I've been on that don't allow signatures, have been very boring/dull, and I ended up leaving within a day. I didn't really see a problem with the previous signature limits, nor does it seems as if a lot of people did. If someone has a problem, it's as easy as telling you the signature is bothering them, or disableing the signatures for good.

I mean come on, do you really want to come off as a guy who won't listen to his members about anything, because that's kind of the way I'm seeing it right now. As I said, it's not all about the opinion of the staff, but the members should have a say aswell.
"There are you, you drive like a demon from station to station," - David Bowie
WildSimba
Fan the Flames

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Ain't it Funny how it happens

Nickname(s): WS, David
Telegram: Ask me through PM
Pride Points: 122

Postby supersimba » December 21st, 2010, 11:48 pm

[quote="KiaraKovu"][quote="SuperBabySimba"]"At least give us some HEIGHT". It's the height exactly that's the most crucial, so that's exactly what shouldn't be given.

Sorry that I misunderstood your point. But still, you implied that this change was a random one though it wasn't. Besides, people can still express and be personal with the signatures within the new size limit. They coudl be that even if a forum didn't allow images in them at all.

But you can still "dress" it. Besides, on a discussion forum the presence ought to first and foremost come by the written content without a need to "dress" it into tons of colourful graphic.[/quote]

EXCUSE me?! superbabysimba are you even a mod?! WTF are you doing acting all high and mighty for? :roar5:
and GO supersimba![/quote]

And go KiaraKovu ;)
Feel free to annoy me on facebook~
Supersimba @ Facebook
supersimba

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Jamie
Pride Points: 0

Postby WildSimba » December 21st, 2010, 11:52 pm

[quote="SuperBabySimba"][quote="WildSimba"]^ The signature could easily be just as important as the message itself. No one would like this forum at all if signatures weren't allowed, and it was all just text.[/quote]

'No one' is seriously over-killing. There are tons of people in this world and fandom who actually think the discussing and company more important than huge signatures. And seriously people, they are not prohibiting signatures or images in them, so again, cut the drama. Please.[/quote]

Again *coughbackseatmodcough*, the signature is the way a lot of people withen the forum community like to express themselves. If you take away that right, then who would want to just sit there and comply? And obviously quite a few people are opposing this right now, meaning it must not be that bad of an idea to keep it the way it is.
Last edited by WildSimba on December 21st, 2010, 11:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
WildSimba
Fan the Flames

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby SnowyCheetah » December 21st, 2010, 11:52 pm

Take it away, or greatly diminish it.

That 2in diameter fart can probably adds at least 50bhp.
SnowyCheetah
The Meme de la Meme

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

is mayonnaise a gender

Nickname(s): Snowy, Snow, Sno, SC, SS, Snowball, Stormy
Pride Points: 23

Postby Miharuka » December 21st, 2010, 11:53 pm

This keeps me wondering, lol. xD
Ehrr..Is my signature fine? ^^''
not too annoying or something? Since a lot moves in my signature..
Miharuka
Look at the TIME !!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Time for pizzer.

Nickname(s): Miha, Little POOTIS
Pride Points: 59

Postby SnowyCheetah » December 21st, 2010, 11:54 pm

Nope, under the new rules, your sig is about three or four times too large.

That 2in diameter fart can probably adds at least 50bhp.
SnowyCheetah
The Meme de la Meme

is mayonnaise a gender

Nickname(s): Snowy, Snow, Sno, SC, SS, Snowball, Stormy
Pride Points: 23

Postby WildSimba » December 21st, 2010, 11:55 pm

[quote="Phantomhive"]This keeps me wondering, lol. xD
Ehrr..Is my signature fine? ^^''
not too annoying or something? Since a lot moves in my signature..[/quote]

Nope. Your signature is beyond even the original limit set.

My signature is over the limit to, but screw it, they can take it out if they want to.
WildSimba
Fan the Flames

Postby SuperBabySimba » December 21st, 2010, 11:56 pm

[quote="FlipMode"]So am I the ONLY one who thinks this new size limit is fine?LoL[/quote]

No. I think it's fine too. And I think I saw a third person. And of course Moka and the other mods do too.

[quote="supersimba"]lol cmon guys, Moka obviously wants the whole site nice and neat for when he uses it as part of his portfolio. Oh, you didnt know his "best case scenario" is to work as a web developer?

Moka doesn't care about you guys, MLK is just his hope of building a rep as a web developer. Ever notice how decisions get made round here that really aren't in the interests of everyone on the forum? (aside from sheep and backseat Mods. That's you, SuperBabySimba).

You all got used big time.[/quote]

Nothing can please everyone but things can be done in means to try and please as many people as possible. And this size limit most likely will. And this actually serves as a test on how many are here actually for this forum and how many are here for playing around with huge signatures. As in, those with a normal attitude, will get over and apply to this new, very reasonable limit.

And I'm not a mod of any kind and I didn't get used. I've always thought the idea of decreasing the signature size would be great. In fact, I suggested even smaller.

[quote="KiaraKovu"]
and GO supersimba![/quote][/quote]

I'm not a mod and I'm not acting high and mighty. At least that isn't my means. I've merely been expressing my opinions and views on what comes to a normal, pleasent forum.
Last edited by SuperBabySimba on December 22nd, 2010, 12:00 am, edited 4 times in total.
Image Image
Signature pictures © SuperBabySimba
"Never trust the future... Never miss the past.
If you live for the shining moment, the moment may just last."

~*~*~THE LION KING AU ROLEPLAY GAME~*~*~
SuperBabySimba

Avarar by SuperBabySimba

Pride Points: 0

Postby Moka » December 21st, 2010, 11:57 pm

Personally, I'm a bit hurt that people would agree with this 'supersimba' character. I would assume people would understand that amateur web developers need to actually make websites before they can become professional web developers. Just because someone makes a claim bashing the guy you're trying to convince is no reason to agree with him...

And leave SBS alone. He's just giving his opinion like everyone else.
Moka
:D

Pride Points: 138

PreviousNext

Return to Feedback & How-To