Attention

Attention

Postby Moka » April 12th, 2009, 5:12 pm

Recently MLKF was spammed by a few bots in The Arcade forum. TLKPF was hit as well, so it appears to be a universal hit on phpBB3. These bots were deleted as were their posts. I am greatly sorry I was not around when the attack happened.

These bots are programs that surf websites identifying forum software such as phpBB3 (the software that runs this forum). Once identified, the bots can find the most popular forum and post links and images that most certainly would offend forumers. It is very important that you do not open these topics whatsoever, as they could lead to offensive images. The links they may present may contain viruses, malware and who knows what else so if you open the topic, don't click the links. Anyone who makes a bot to advertise for them obviously spent more time on making the bot than a good product.

Because of this attack, I am going to be changing the registration process to hopefully make it more difficult for bots to register. If this fails, I will disabled user verified registration (which means I would have to approve every registration that seems valid).

Sorry again,
- Moka & The Staff
Moka
:D

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 138

Re: Attention

Postby Panda-chan » April 12th, 2009, 7:29 pm

That really sucks. Good luck with the new registration process. :ehh2:
D̵̢̨̧̛͔̖͍̝̤̫̼̝̬̤̪̟͇͙̊̏̎͛̇̏͊͌̃̂̈́͂̒̄̅̚̚͘͝R̸̥̙͂̀̾̑̊̀̉́̀́̐̄̊̿̈́̄͑̐̕͝I̴̗̯̼̳͉͕̺̤̖̝̪̫̊͛͝͠Ǹ̵̨̧͈̮̦̖̝͈̥̗͕̭͉̺̲͕̥͔͎̹͖͙͇̲̘̩̞͓̦̦̯̮̙̜̼̝͈̣̺̰̺̟̙̫̫ͅK̶̢̢̡̧̢̛̻͎̘͉̦͚̳̗̱̗̮̫̲͎̟͚͖̠̣̺͎̠̤͈̩̞͈͚̣̳̟̣̓͊͊̍̀̇͆́͐̔̔̅̿̅̋̈̈́̔̈̒̌̆̃̇͗̂̐̽́͊̋͗̚̕͘͜͜͠͝͝ ̴̧̧̢̧̧̢̛̦̗̦̭͔̝͎̘͍͚͈̰̦̲͍̥͚̱͓̦̙̞̱̜̹̍̉́̿̃͆̆̾̀̍̊͛̈́̽̈́̀̋̒̾͗͗͂̾̊̇̃̈́̋́̓̄̂̐͊͂̏̿̅͂̚͘̚͜͠͝͠ͅͅͅͅW̵̢̧̨̥͇̳̩͍̪̓̉͊̓̏͜͠Ã̵̧̨͍͚̭̱̦̯̣͓̱̫͑͋̋̾̎͑̽̔̒͆̉͒͑͆̎͑̑̒͋̑̀̒̿͑̄͋̒͆̑͆̔̈̈́͂͆̾̾̌̃̏̊̓͘͜͝͠͠T̸̨̧̛̮̙̰͇̹̭̥̙̝̱̼̥͖̟̃̔̑̒̓̈́͂̈́̂̓̂̎̋͊̌͋̂͂̃̂͝͠͠͝ͅĘ̴̧̡̢̧̡̠͉͉͕̤̳̘̖̙̭͙͕̻͍̖̗͙̯͈͔͋̄̾̄͛͌͌͒͛̇̎͋̉̈́̆̈́̍̎̆̒͑̒̅̋̊̄̈̿͒̈̋̾̊́̔̚͝͠͝͠ͅŖ̸̠̫͓̞͈̫̉̂
Panda-chan

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

STAY HYDRATED, FOLKS

Nickname(s): Weeb trash
Telegram: 6834232905344686445634231897968563522324236894284563523722616678
Pride Points: 108

Postby YFWE » April 12th, 2009, 7:46 pm

Yeah, good luck with the new process; I hope it works. I've had this problem in the past and eventually had to go as far as the admin member approval, which isn't fun because you never know if you're not letting in someone that deserves to be and vice versa. I think that as long as everyone refrains from clicking the links posted (I'm sure most of us are smart enough not to do that, LOL) and alert the staff accordingly whenever a problem emerges, we'll be just fine. ;D
YFWE
Begger, stealer, borrower

Svanire

Pride Points: 29

Postby KingKivuli » April 13th, 2009, 2:05 pm

It realy does suck, Moka already has a big list of things to do this is one thing he dont need. Good luck Moka
Yang - RWBY

Thanks Shadowfax!

My Gaming Channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCfr5wz ... 4qA/videos
KingKivuli
Master of Shadows

My darkness is light

Nickname(s): KK, Kiv
Pride Points: 68

Postby serra20 » April 13th, 2009, 2:49 pm

It sucks!I hate those spammers,bots or however they're called!Good luck,Moka!Just remember:we,MLK members,are always by your side! :) :innocent:
serra20
An old pride member

Watching over you

Nickname(s): Serra
Pride Points: 3

Postby Moka » April 13th, 2009, 10:52 pm

Thanks everyone :] Glad to see no one is too mad over the slow response time xD
Moka

Postby WildSimba » April 14th, 2009, 5:35 am

[quote="Moka"]Thanks everyone :] Glad to see no one is too mad over the slow response time xD[/quote]

Not so much the slow response time, more the people bumping the topics by posting in them. >.>
"There are you, you drive like a demon from station to station," - David Bowie
WildSimba
Fan the Flames

Ain't it Funny how it happens

Nickname(s): WS, David
Telegram: Ask me through PM
Pride Points: 122

Postby morri908 » April 14th, 2009, 5:38 am

[quote="Moka"]Thanks everyone :] Glad to see no one is too mad over the slow response time xD[/quote]

not mad.. just annoyed.. XD... :lol: :D but everyone has their reasons..... you were prolly out partying..
both siggies and avatar by Simba's Mate
No podemos cambiar el pasado, pero podemos dar forma al futuro
morri908

~Sarabi's Mate~ (was the first one... copy cat!)

Pride Points: 1

Postby NightmareMoon » April 14th, 2009, 5:39 am

[quote="morri908"][quote="Moka"]Thanks everyone :] Glad to see no one is too mad over the slow response time xD[/quote]

not mad.. just annoyed.. XD... :lol: :D but everyone has their reasons..... you were prolly out partying..[/quote]
Yay for partying :)
NightmareMoon
The one and only NM =]

The night... will last.... FOREVER!!

Nickname(s): NM, Jamie
Pride Points: 19

Postby Moka » April 14th, 2009, 5:46 am

[quote="morri908"]not mad.. just annoyed.. XD... :lol: :D but everyone has their reasons..... you were prolly out partying..[/quote]

Lol! The one weekend the bots pick to spam up the forums is the weekend that the staff are away :P
Moka

Next

Return to News & Announcements