Potentially lost The Lion King song

Re: Potentially lost The Lion King song

Postby SimbasGuard » September 2nd, 2020, 4:32 am

I do love that song.

However I did not have to do any detective work to get that info. I just read the inside label of My CD.
My Avatar Was Made For Me By Thegeni99 Thank You So Much!

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride.
SimbasGuard
Guardian of the Pride Lands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride

Nickname(s): Anyone may shorten my name however they want.
Pride Points: 85

Postby Timon the great » September 2nd, 2020, 5:21 am

^ Ah, when I saw your first reply in this topic about where you said this "lost" Lion King song came from, I was going to post another reply asking where you got that info you wrote about it. But the song already sounds pretty legit for being an LK one. And I agree with TLP that it's indeed pretty catchy. I really like it, and I honestly think they should've featured this song at the end credits of this original film :luau:
"I found a place that was beyond my wildest dreams. But..., it still wasn't home." - Timon; Lion King 1 1/2 (3)

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Timon L. Berkowitz

Pride Points: 29

Postby AkaiLioness » January 3rd, 2021, 4:39 pm

Thank you all for your answers! Just today I decided to Shazam the song itself, and it redirected me to... someplace pretty weird.

SimbasGuard is indeed right. The song is from there, but the thing that I found out when I Shazam'd the song is that it redirected me to this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0LG7ybGZWGw

Like... what the absolute heck is this? People trying to pass off the song as theirs under the guise of a children's songs band? Try as I might I cannot find anything on the internet about these people, and it's weird that Shazam directly redirects me to them instead of the London Theatre Ensemble. One way or the other I'm happy that we can now enjoy listening to the song in high quality! Thanks all who helped!

I'd also like to apologize in advance for not being the most active here xD One day I need to sit down and actually redo my profile and stuff.

'Twas once a land, full of blooming Hope... The rains always came, the grass was tender, and everything seemed to flow in harmony -- this land was thus christened with the name of Matumaini. Prosperous kings reigned and watched over these lands... until the last King broke his promise.
AkaiLioness
Akai Butterfly

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Actually a fennec

Location: In the AMV I make up in my head whenever I listen to songs
Nickname(s): Akai
Pride Points: 1

Postby Panpardus » January 3rd, 2021, 10:07 pm

I know it's already been identified at this point so I don't have anything to add other than I like how cheesy the lyrics are. Everything about it actually reminds me of those songs from that Lion King educational video game, Simba's Pride Active Play (or something along those lines). There's actually some good concepts in there that I wouldn't mind being reused for the next movie or TV project.
Panpardus

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 51

Postby AkaiLioness » January 7th, 2021, 8:21 pm

Speaking of the lyrics, has anyone been able to identify them all? Even with the improved audio quality, it's kinda hard for me to understand what they're saying in certain parts... Below is my take:

Born in the heat of the jungle
Raised with the pride of the pride(?)
Walking, and stalking
with the silence
No one tells this feline where to hide (?? maybe?)

He's got the wind on his side
He is the Lion King
King of everything
Speaks for everyone
Sees the moon and the sun
rising everyday
Only (???) (something about praise?)
As for great and small, yeah,
he is the King of them all

Yeah he was born in the heat of the jungle
And he was raised with the pride of the pride (???)
Yeah he's blue-blooded
And his kingdom is shining so bright
His royalty and his loyalty
will protect them from vile and (???or something)

Edit: If you can identify any of the lyrics in the song, I'd appreciate if you could share your take! I'll edit the lyrics as more comments are shared here.
Last edited by AkaiLioness on January 9th, 2021, 7:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.

'Twas once a land, full of blooming Hope... The rains always came, the grass was tender, and everything seemed to flow in harmony -- this land was thus christened with the name of Matumaini. Prosperous kings reigned and watched over these lands... until the last King broke his promise.
AkaiLioness
Akai Butterfly

Actually a fennec

Location: In the AMV I make up in my head whenever I listen to songs
Nickname(s): Akai
Pride Points: 1

Postby MeerkatOnTheMoon » January 9th, 2021, 3:33 am

Finally gave it a listen. I find it very fitting for a new Lion King project, and to echo Papardus, it does remind me of some Lion King games. A great song that's also radio-friendly. This is what I got from one of the lines you mentioned: "Yeah he's blue blooded".
The Lion King III: Hidden Kingdom
Now available to read!
https://m.fanfiction.net/s/14288564/1/The-Lion-King-3-Hidden-Kingdom
MeerkatOnTheMoon
We need a new motto.

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Let's get going!

Nickname(s): Jules
Pride Points: 13

Postby TheLionPrince » January 10th, 2021, 5:53 am

Here's my interpretation of the lyrics. AkaiLioness was pretty much spot on.

Born in the heat of the jungle
Raised with the pride of the pride
Walking and stalking
with the silence
No one tells this feline where to hide

He's got the wind on his side
He is the Lion King
King of everything
Speaks for everyone
Sees the moon and the sun
rising everyday
Only this he pray
As for great and small, yeah,
he is the King of them all

Yeah, he was born in the heat of the jungle
And he was raised with the pride of the pride
Yeah, this blue blood
Yeah, this blue blood
And his kingdom is shining so bright
His royalty and his loyalty
will protect and provide and divide
TheLionPrince
Crown Prince of the Pridelands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Chris, TLP
Pride Points: 152

Previous

Return to The Lion King