a remake sequel is announced

Re: a remake sequel is announced

Postby Stormy » October 16th, 2020, 6:50 pm

i really don’t know if disney is just gonna want to drop beyonce or donald glover because that was a giant push for them on the last movie. i mean, if all we have right now is director, initial script is done, should we really expect that by now?

and isnt beyonce in some $100M 3 movie contract with disney? black panther is one of them, and the other two haven’t been announced, but they keep saying 2 other “blockbusters”. could lion king 2 be one of them?
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 700 character limit.
View more smilies BBCode is ON [img] is ON [flash] is OFF [url] is ON Smilies are ON
Stormy
Custom Title:

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Custom Text:

Pride Points: 14

Postby Elton John » October 16th, 2020, 7:49 pm

we don't even know if another black panther is happening. it might but not in the way it was previously announced.

beyonces rumored character was Storm. Storm is tied to T'challa as they were married in the comics for a period of time.

this was never confirmed btw. there were also rumors of Namor the Submariner being the villain but Universal might still own the live rights to that character. Namor is a grey area for the MCU like anything tied to The Hulk.

My point is that if Beyonce and Donald Glover were in this movie, with a finished script they likely would have been among the first announced for it.

The MCU is a bit different in that multiple movies get announced years in advance, things can change for multiple actors and directors and movies and plotlines and they sometimes change things drastically on the fly. Kevin Feige is an amazing producer. In spite of the many things that could have gone wrong over 20+ movies for the most part the mcu was a success.

But this isn't the mcu.

I guess we will need to wait longer...
Why do we fall? So that we can learn to pick ourselves back up again.
Elton John
I’m with you

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Till the end of the line!

Pride Points: 240

Postby SimbasGuard » November 24th, 2020, 2:32 am

I am trying to keep from getting too excited about this movie. I want to remain cautiously optimistic.

I have always felt that a follow-Up and a sequel were the same thing.

However perhaps the movie (The part that deals with Simba) takes place right after He assumed The Throne. (Before We see Kiara at the end of the 1st movie) along with Whatever transpires in the movie, We May see Sarabi giving Simba on the job training as it were, perhaps the part that deals with Mufasa is Sarabi telling Simba some of Their past. We could see Simba ask Nala to be His Queen, then the movie could end with Nala announcing Her pregnancy.

As for actors returning, I think that will wait until contracts are singed. I doubt Disney would require Their actors/actresses to sign multi picture contracts for Lion King (2019). Although it's Disney so I could be wrong.
My Avatar Was Made For Me By Thegeni99 Thank You So Much!

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride.
SimbasGuard
Guardian of the Pride Lands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride

Nickname(s): Anyone may shorten my name however they want.
Pride Points: 85

Postby Elton John » November 24th, 2020, 4:12 am

they have been so vague with plot details i have no clue which direction this movie is going in.

all we know is vague info about dealing with mufasas past. could be the whole movie. could be 20 minutes of it. it could be half prequel half simbas pride adaptation.

the fact that no voice actors have been announced to sign on means negotiations either haven't started or are ongoing.
Elton John
I’m with you

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby SimbasGuard » November 25th, 2020, 1:50 am

As far as the script goes We have no way of Knowing. The Avengers was getting script tweaks while it was being filmed.

I doubt the part dealing with Mufasa's past will be more than half the movie, as Disney won't say that it is a prequel. (Maybe we will finally get a name for Nala's Father, or at least Sarafina will get her name mentioned on screen).

You're probably right about The Actors/Actresses.

SimbasGuard

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Iberian » November 26th, 2020, 1:44 am

Have they ever mentioned it would be "live action" again? I just hope they would come to their senses and just invest a little bit on their 2d animation department again. There are thousands of talented and qualified young artists just wishing to have an opportunity to show it... (That´s sort of the same environment that gave birth to the first movie). 3D animation has its place in cinema even as a "helping hand" in 2d animation (as in the case of the stampede), but this kind of story of talking animals and magic just begs to be told with hand drawn animation.

I also really wish they would explain who Nala´s father is, as well as giving Sarafina and Sarabi more screentime. But what I´m really interested to see its the "prequel" aspect of it regarding Mufasa´s past... Boy will that be confusing... Will they re-tell the "tale of two brothers"? If they do, we just can hope our beloved prince Kopa will once and for all have his moment. :kiarakopa:
Last edited by Iberian on November 28th, 2020, 1:26 am, edited 2 times in total.
Iberian

Pride Points: 14

Postby Elton John » November 26th, 2020, 4:34 am

The hard truth.

Is that 2D animation, at least in the old way, probably is not coming back beyond passion projects. Like Cuphead. Or Klaus.

I remember chatting with a veteran Disney animator (forgot who exactly) and he told me that the people who do digital 2D is not enough.... for the talent and sheer labor intensive grunt work needed for a mostly pencil and paper animated film.

Disney could easily whip up a tlk prequel that is in the same style as teen titans go to the movies but I am fairly certain that is a monkeys paw wish.

The hard truth is that 2D the old way is practically dead and not just with Disney.
Elton John
I’m with you

Postby SimbasGuard » November 26th, 2020, 9:34 am

I very much doubt Disney would change The animation style for a movie that is in the same continuity as one that was done in Photo realistic 3D. It would create too much of a disconnect between the two movies and that is not what Disney wants.

Any 2D (Modern 2D) Lion King sequel would have to be part of The original Lion King continuity. I have hope for that, but I'm not holding My breath waiting.

From what I understand, While Disney did endorse Lion King Six New Adventures. They don't own them or Kopa. As such They are not available to Disney for adaptation.

SimbasGuard

Postby Elton John » November 26th, 2020, 11:00 pm

I think if they do another 2D thing for tlk it will be in the vein of The Lion Guard.

It won't be a movie I think. A made for theater style movie at least.

With Disney+ however, this opens new avenues for content. Like that Monsters Inc Disney+ series that was announced a while back.

What if Disney were to make a tlk3 for Disney+ but with a spruced up version of The Lion Guards art? TLG started off rough looking early on but gradually improved until season 3 where it looked its best.

Is that a good compromise?
Elton John
I’m with you

Postby SimbasGuard » November 27th, 2020, 10:30 am

A Disney+ Original movie is something I could settle for. With Disney releasing movies like Mulan (2020) and Soul (Even if They were meant to be released theatrically) directly to Disney+. A Disney+ original movie would (likely) not be as looked down on as a Direct to DVD sequel would be.

SimbasGuard

PreviousNext

Return to The Lion King (2019)