a remake sequel is announced

a remake sequel is announced

Postby Elton John » September 29th, 2020, 7:18 pm

[url]https://deadline.com/2020/09/the-lion-king-sequel-barry-jenkins-moonlight-director-disney-1234586787/amp/?__twitter_impression=true[/url]

i called the first remake in 2015 a year before it was announced.

i called the remake sequel a year ago.

who was right? that's right, me.
Why do we fall? So that we can learn to pick ourselves back up again.
Elton John
I’m with you

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Till the end of the line!

Pride Points: 240

Re: a remake sequel is announced

Postby Stormy » September 29th, 2020, 7:19 pm

slow clap
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 700 character limit.
View more smilies BBCode is ON [img] is ON [flash] is OFF [url] is ON Smilies are ON
Stormy
Custom Title:

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Custom Text:

Pride Points: 14

Postby Elton John » September 29th, 2020, 7:34 pm

another topic was made? a remake of this topic?!?!?!?!

but anyway. this gives me pleasure. i also realize there are assholes complaining about it on twitter

their bitter tears give me pleasure too.
Elton John
I’m with you

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Stormy » September 29th, 2020, 7:40 pm

i'm looking forward to it.

it seems they're going in an original story direction, EVEN THOUGH NOW THERE IS PEOPLE COMPLAINING ON TWITTER ABOUT WHY ITS NOT A SIMBA'S PRIDE SHOT FOR SHOT

i dont understand people cant make up their mind.

anyway. here's what i picked up so far. (i made a list for another place)

Jon Favreau will NOT be returning as director, instead, it will be directed by Barry Jenkins.

The initial draft of the script is complete. Written by the same person who wrote the 2019 movie, Jeff Nathanson. Reportedly dips into the backstories of characters.

It will NOT be a remake of the direct to DVD 1998 Simba’s Pride. We will be sliding another plot into the Lion King canon. Disney sees the movie more as a “follow-up” than a sequel (is that not a sequel..? whut?)

Many sources heavily pointing to a PREQUEL about Mufasa’s origin story. Expecting more in depth looks into already existing characters from the original film.

idk about kiara kovu and all them right now. if they will appear. and if they do, their names can be changed like they did with the hyenas with the last film (though i kinda doubt it)

can expect the movie to move forward, however while going simultaneously back into the past.

The film is expected to feature new songs.

no reports on returning cast, however, we can assume James Earl Jones will reprise his role as Mufasa, Beyoncé as Nala, Billy Eichner as Timon, and Seth Rogen as Pumbaa.
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 700 character limit.
View more smilies BBCode is ON [img] is ON [flash] is OFF [url] is ON Smilies are ON
Stormy
Custom Title:

Custom Text:

Postby Elton John » September 29th, 2020, 7:43 pm

Huh...

Well, people are finally getting their Mufasa backstory movie they wanted!

They will complain about it.

Like Angelica Schyler, they will never be satisfied.
Elton John
I’m with you

Postby Stormy » September 29th, 2020, 7:46 pm

im curious as to how they're going to work mufasa's origins into this, if they do. and not only this, as i did see some sources say it will look back into multiple characters backstories or just go more in depth.. soooooo.

idk what we know is just a mess right now, but that's a given since it was only announced like 2 hours ago. hoping to find out more soon.

seen stuff that says the movie will move forward in time while simultaneously going back into the past
Stormy
Custom Title:

Custom Text:

Postby Elton John » September 29th, 2020, 7:53 pm

dunno how the story will go but new director means new creative vision.

i'm interested in seeing this guys take on the lion king vs jon favreau.

need to watch some of his movies to get a good idea of his style.
Elton John
I’m with you

Postby TheLionPrince » September 29th, 2020, 8:43 pm

By definition, the 2019 remake was the highest-grossing animated film inflation unadjusted (although Disney considers it a live-action film) so of course, Disney was going to produce another film. I'm surprised that they have kept this under wraps for nearly a year so much that a first draft is confirmed to be completed. Preliminary reports stressed it was a "follow-up" film to the remake rather than directly stating it was a sequel.

A prequel about Mufasa sounds intriguing, but I secretly do think there's a stronger story with telling a new version of Simba's early years as king.
Last edited by TheLionPrince on September 29th, 2020, 8:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TheLionPrince
Crown Prince of the Pridelands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Chris, TLP
Pride Points: 152

Postby Elton John » September 29th, 2020, 8:44 pm

you mentioned new details in the chatbox

link plz
Elton John
I’m with you

Postby TheLionPrince » September 29th, 2020, 8:53 pm

I wish someone would fix the BBCode on this forum so I can link these articles.

@Elton John: Here's a Variety article: https://variety.com/2020/film/news/lion-king-sequel-director-barry-jenkins-1234786355/. It mentions that "sources" have told the publication that it's likely a prequel film about the early years of Mufasa.
TheLionPrince
Crown Prince of the Pridelands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Chris, TLP
Pride Points: 152

Next

Return to The Lion King (2019)