Happy (Late) 1st Anniversary

Happy (Late) 1st Anniversary

Postby SimbasGuard » July 20th, 2020, 8:45 am

Yesterday (July, 19) marked the 1st Anniversary of The 2019 Lion King.

I should have posted this Yesterday :oops:
My Avatar Was Made For Me By Thegeni99 Thank You So Much!

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride.
SimbasGuard
Guardian of the Pride Lands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride

Nickname(s): Anyone may shorten my name however they want.
Pride Points: 85

Re: Happy (Late) 1st Anniversary

Postby Stormy » July 20th, 2020, 2:32 pm

Whew. For a movie that was given such a hard time by quite a bit of people that 1.6B is no joke. Always surprised to see that 89% audience rating.
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 700 character limit.
View more smilies BBCode is ON [img] is ON [flash] is OFF [url] is ON Smilies are ON
Stormy
Custom Title:

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Custom Text:

Pride Points: 14

Postby DGFone » July 20th, 2020, 3:24 pm

Well, to be fair, on its own it's not a bad movie. The soundtrack, much like the original's, is excellent IMO.

It's just that it has no reason to exist, since the original movie is still a lot better. Pure nostalgia dollars, those $1.6B are.
DGFone
Got wings

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Watch me soar

Nickname(s): Planes, DGF, DG
Pride Points: 138

Postby Stormy » July 20th, 2020, 7:52 pm

Hans Zimmer didn’t let down with his remastered tracks. I’d be lying if I said I didn’t like the Stampede track in the remake more than the original. Gives me the chills.
Last edited by Stormy on July 20th, 2020, 7:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 700 character limit.
View more smilies BBCode is ON [img] is ON [flash] is OFF [url] is ON Smilies are ON
Stormy
Custom Title:

Custom Text:

Postby Elton John » July 20th, 2020, 7:53 pm

no movies have a reason to exist really. i mean as a human species we survived for how many thousands upon thousands of years before movies were created and if movies never existed in the first place we would still exist as a species and if movies were to suddenly cease to exist we would still be alive somehow.

i’d rather have more singing lion movies out there than 99.9% of what gets released yearly.
Why do we fall? So that we can learn to pick ourselves back up again.
Elton John
I’m with you

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Till the end of the line!

Pride Points: 240

Postby SimbasGuard » July 22nd, 2020, 7:46 am

I did like the remake. I was slightly sad that there was no teaser for a sequel (unless You count Kiara at the end). To paraphrase what DGFone said, You have to set the move apart from the original to truly enjoy it. I think that is where the remake succeeded it was different enough to establish itself as it's own separate entity, but it did not spit in the face of the original to do so. *Cough* Maleficent *Cough* I got The Soundtrack Today 8-)

SimbasGuard

Postby Elton John » July 22nd, 2020, 4:21 pm

i wonder

last year i thought for sure by now we would have an announcement for a remake sequel (the announcement of the aladdin disney+ spinoff not so subtly confirmed a sequel to that one) but covid 19 mucked up just about everything....

most movies that were planned for this year will release next year, a lot of 2021 movies will release in 2022.

i want to see what they do with a tlk2 remake but i think it will be farther off than i expected.

assuming it does get made. the big thing i can see affecting it is if theater chains will survive covid 19. they were surviving just barely pre covid and now? well...
Elton John
I’m with you

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Stormy » July 22nd, 2020, 4:33 pm

If there was any plans for a sequel, it’ll be far off for sure. It looks like to me covid just shook up the box office for years to come. Now they’ll have to take into account the people who will actually even want to go to theaters anymore.

any announcement that had been planned for TLK 2 has poofed away until disney can get where they want to be post covid. (however it’s not like studios have stopped announcing movies, so that’s probably wrong)

and I don’t even know if a Disney+ sequel would be viable for them to shove in, considering how much the remake made and how much it costs them for that type of movie. in the end, TLK 2 only becomes more unlikely as this keeps going and money is lost and time passes.

Looking at the box office total and the audience rating the stuff was clearly there to green light the sequel.

so in terms of TLK franchise it is most definitely done with as of now for the foreseeable future, unless that terribly sourced timon and pumbaa thing comes to fruition which I HIGHLY doubt
Stormy
Custom Title:

Custom Text:

Postby Elton John » July 22nd, 2020, 9:39 pm

a sequel is definitely not happening on Disney+. Besides it costing too much for the service, a sequel would probably have something in the actors contracts that it needs a theatrical release or something like that.

trolls earlier this year released on video on demand, made decent change for a vod movie but not enough to satisfy universal and pissed off movie chains.

scoob! was the same.

no way will disney put black widow or mulan straight to disney+ unless they absulutely have to.

the marvel shows on disney+ i hear are ludicrous in budget (25 million an episode, higher than a Mandalorian or Game of Thrones ep) but that’s because they are made specifically for Disney+ and will get people subbing.

something like tlk2 needs a theater release.
Elton John
I’m with you

Postby SimbasGuard » July 23rd, 2020, 7:52 am

Well Lion King 2 was only in the "Maybe We will" discussion phase before The Pandemic really hit. So I think further discussion will wait until The Pandemic Ends.

I agree. Disney won't go about making Lion King 2 until it can be shown in theaters

SimbasGuard

Next

Return to The Lion King (2019)