What if Simba HAD told Timon and Pumba about his past?

Re: What if Simba HAD told Timon and Pumba about his past?

Postby SimbasGuard » April 1st, 2019, 7:37 am

[quote="Simba_Lion"]Yes, after he realizes that the wisdom came from his father. But before realizing he couldn't remember that, he said "Well, somebody once told me..." and he was laughing as well. Then the memory suddenly came back.[/quote]

I am more incline to think it was a case of Simba not wanting to reveal too much of his past as Timon made it clear to him as a cub that they did not want to here about it.
My Avatar Was Made For Me By Thegeni99 Thank You So Much!

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride.
SimbasGuard
Guardian of the Pride Lands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride

Nickname(s): Anyone may shorten my name however they want.
Pride Points: 85

Postby Biomac » February 1st, 2020, 1:51 am

I think they would've empathized and been supportive. They are loyal friends. But I wonder if they, in fact, even know who Mufasa and the great kings of the past are.

I am the Hope of the Universe... I am the Answer to all Living Things that cry out for Peace... I am Protector of the Innocent... I am the Light in the Darkness... I am Truth - Goku.

Mosquitoes suck - Saitama.
Biomac

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Bio
Pride Points: 36

Postby Ultra Fox » February 1st, 2020, 2:45 am

they wuld have killed him instuntly :)
Ultra Fox
lyING kInG!!!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

woRSt MoVIE!!!!!!!!!!!!! >:(

Nickname(s): meem machine >;)
Pride Points: 97

Postby NaiaRulez » March 22nd, 2020, 4:10 pm

I think that if Simba told Timon and Pumba about his past, they wouldn't have taught him their motto to forget the past, "Hakuna Matata". And I think he should've told them, because they would have helped in a different way not that forgetting the past, because forgetting your deceased parent is a very hard deal, and they would have helped him better if they knew from the beggining what was going on, because Simba hadn't forgotten his father after all as shown in the scene where Timon, Pumba and Simba were laying on the grass watching the stars. Simba forces himself to forget things that shouldn't be forgotten, such as important things in his life like his own father was.
NaiaRulez

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Naia, Nai
Pride Points: 11

Postby Timon the great » April 16th, 2020, 6:04 am

Well I'm pretty sure this topic has likely been used in several pieces of fanfics and artworks over the years already. But as far as what I see about this just between Timon (factoring in his 1 1/2 protagonist side here too) and Simba:

Had Simba told him about his past, I don't think Timon would've had any issues personally accepting this especially when taking Simba in. He would've likely still taught Simba about Hakuna Matata to help him feel better, but not necessarily make him forget his past as Timon would then (and I strongly emphasize that), Fully understand why Simba was depressed in the first place when he stumbled to him and Pumbaa in the desert. Even if Timon doesn't always outwardly show sympathy because of his self-absorbed (and sometimes seemingly absent-minded) front row thinking.

In fact, I think Timon would've had more sympathy upfront if he knew right away about what happened to Simba when he came to them, because Timon himself mentions in the film that Simba never told him that he was actually a king, when Nala came along and finally spilled the beans for both Timon and Pumbaa to hear as Simba's friends. So it means that Timon is capable of understanding things like this topic about Simba's past regardless if it's good or bad.
"I found a place that was beyond my wildest dreams. But..., it still wasn't home." - Timon; Lion King 1 1/2 (3)

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Timon L. Berkowitz

Pride Points: 29

Previous

Return to The Lion King