What are you thinking RIGHT NOW?

Fun and Games is a fun and zany place, but please remember to follow forum rules when posting. Things can become spammy, but please refrain from posting outright spam topics. Just ask a staff member if you have any questions!

Re: What are you thinking RIGHT NOW?

Postby DGFone » February 14th, 2020, 10:30 pm

If I remember correctly, Frozen was the first "Disney Renaissance-esque" (musical, grand plot) movie since, well, the Disney renaissance. I think that line in the Frozen trailer had less to do with "The Lion King is the best Disney movie ever and we are comparing ours to it" and far more "look how we are finally returning to form".

Similarly, it's kinda funny reading about Zootopia's marketing since we know how well it did after release. But prior to release, it had all of the warning signs that Disney wasn't all that comfortable with it: March release date (when their less popular movies come out), the first trailer (https://youtu.be/5nP9hU8eUfE) was... terrible. The seconds trailer, while I personally like, I get the impression others were not so impressed by. But nevertheless, in that second trailer (https://youtu.be/jWM0ct-OLsM), you also see Disney pushing the whole "brought to you by the same creators that made Frozen, Wreck-it Ralph..." (and a few other movies I forgot) even though the actual creative team of Zootopia almost had nothing to do with those movies, just the backing financing studio. But hey, those movies did well, and we have no confidence about this one, but those movies you liked, so come and see our new one!
DGFone
Got wings

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Watch me soar

Nickname(s): Planes, DGF, DG
Pride Points: 138

Postby Elton John » February 14th, 2020, 11:52 pm

Disney bet big on Moana being the bigger and more prestigious success, and while it didn’t flounder like Pocahontas did compared to tlk... Zootopia made more money and got more prestige.

Moana had Lin Manuel Miranda behind the music, he was a household name pre release thanks to Hamilton and his fame keeps on growing and growing and growing...

And in spite of Moana not being the Frozen-like success Disney probably wanted they were extremely wise not to burn bridges with Lin.
Why do we fall? So that we can learn to pick ourselves back up again.
Elton John
I’m with you

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Till the end of the line!

Pride Points: 240

Postby MeerkatOnTheMoon » February 15th, 2020, 1:18 pm

Very true about Lin Manuel. Disney cast him in Mary Poppins Returns, and now Hamilton will finally be adapted into a movie. He's also writing for the new version of The Little Mermaid.

Agree about Frozen's success being an indicator of Disney's return to form.
The Lion King III: Hidden Kingdom
Now available to read!
https://m.fanfiction.net/s/14288564/1/The-Lion-King-3-Hidden-Kingdom
MeerkatOnTheMoon
We need a new motto.

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Let's get going!

Nickname(s): Jules
Pride Points: 13

Postby Elton John » February 15th, 2020, 4:52 pm

????

Hamilton isn’t being adapted into a movie. We are decades away from that. What is happening is that Disney bought the theatrical rights for a recording of Hamilton from 2016 I think? Disney paid 75 million and it will make 10-20 times that in revenue. That’s just how big Hamilton is.

We are finally getting a movie adaptation of In The Heights and that is a decade old and ended years ago and wasn’t nearly as successful as Hamilton.
Why do we fall? So that we can learn to pick ourselves back up again.
Elton John
I’m with you

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Till the end of the line!

Pride Points: 240

Postby Stormy » February 15th, 2020, 4:59 pm

Hamilton has been bought and many sources are saying it will be a 2021 film using the original Broadway cast. Or basically it’s just a recording of it that will be released in theaters, if that’s what you’re saying Elton. Because that’s what I’m reading.

Edit: Ok yeah, NOT an adaption, just a recording that’ll be released theatrically.
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 700 character limit.
View more smilies BBCode is ON [img] is ON [flash] is OFF [url] is ON Smilies are ON
Stormy
Custom Title:

Custom Text:

Pride Points: 14

Postby MeerkatOnTheMoon » February 16th, 2020, 3:03 am

I'm on Twitter, and it is one of the trending topics right now. "Hamilton" movie is happening with the original Broadway cast starring.

This is a report from Variety. Disney and Lin-Manuel have also made the announcement on social media.

https://variety.com/2020/film/news/hamilton-movie-lin-manuel-miranda-2-1203490645/
The Lion King III: Hidden Kingdom
Now available to read!
https://m.fanfiction.net/s/14288564/1/The-Lion-King-3-Hidden-Kingdom
MeerkatOnTheMoon
We need a new motto.

Let's get going!

Nickname(s): Jules
Pride Points: 13

Postby SimbasMate » February 23rd, 2020, 11:10 pm

[quote="Ultra Fox"]Everyone here except the few I like is f ucking stupid xD[/quote]

ya mon I know rite
[quote="Amanda"]And just like that she vanished, like a fart in the wind.
[/quote]
sig by Regulus
SimbasMate
Queen of Hell

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

BB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/mes

Nickname(s): SM/Crystal
Telegram: @CatOverlord
Pride Points: 161

Postby Ultra Fox » February 27th, 2020, 4:34 am

ye
Ultra Fox
lyING kInG!!!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

woRSt MoVIE!!!!!!!!!!!!! >:(

Nickname(s): meem machine >;)
Pride Points: 97

Postby WildSimba » February 27th, 2020, 5:16 am

[quote="SimbasMate"][quote="Ultra Fox"]Everyone here except the few I like is f ucking stupid xD[/quote]

ya mon I know rite[/quote]

ya especially that [censored] vampiresimba ew
"There are you, you drive like a demon from station to station," - David Bowie
WildSimba
Fan the Flames

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Ain't it Funny how it happens

Nickname(s): WS, David
Telegram: Ask me through PM
Pride Points: 122

Postby Ultra Fox » February 27th, 2020, 11:53 pm

sukki peepee
Ultra Fox
lyING kInG!!!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

woRSt MoVIE!!!!!!!!!!!!! >:(

Nickname(s): meem machine >;)
Pride Points: 97

PreviousNext

Return to Fun and Games