Thoughts on Scar?

Thoughts on Scar?

Postby Outsider218 » November 13th, 2019, 10:25 pm

I am a HUGELY-OBSESSED FAN of Scar!! I think that he should be King!! :evil:
Outsider218
Life's Not Fair, is it?

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 0

Re: Thoughts on Scar?

Postby ScarHades » November 15th, 2019, 6:19 pm

For me, he is 1 of my most hated Disney Villains and I wish he'd fight and kill Captain Hook, Prince John, Gaston, Jafar, Frollo, Hades and Shan Yu whom all I hate as well and would like to get in a battle with him. Is he the oldest animal Disney Villain?
ScarHades

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Rors
Pride Points: 3

Postby SimbasGuard » November 18th, 2019, 9:50 am

[quote="ScarHades"]Is he the oldest animal Disney Villain?[/quote]

sticking just to the movies It depends on if you Antho animal characters and ignore sidekick animal characters. I think it would be Monstro The Whale (From Pinocchio).

For Me Scar is Disney's greatest villain. As has been said by several other people elsewhere and possibly on this Forum as well. His Evil plan worked.
My Avatar Was Made For Me By Thegeni99 Thank You So Much!

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride.
SimbasGuard
Guardian of the Pride Lands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride

Nickname(s): Anyone may shorten my name however they want.
Pride Points: 85

Postby Loki_adores_Scar » November 18th, 2019, 11:59 pm

Perhaps you don't want to get me started on this, because then I won't stop.. :evil:
Loki_adores_Scar

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 1

Postby Biomac » December 22nd, 2019, 10:20 pm

Scar's motivations seem pretty puerile to me. I mean he's just jealous of his brother for some reason that we don't know of. The problem lies in the fact that they're not explained, which makes him a typical and unoriginal villain; he projects a superfluous image. I believe that his appeal comes from the fact that he's charismatic, and that his ambitions are clear. All in all, Scar is a good villain, but since we don't know any more about him, neither in the movies or in the lore, then he can't be great.
Last edited by Biomac on January 3rd, 2020, 6:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

I am the Hope of the Universe... I am the Answer to all Living Things that cry out for Peace... I am Protector of the Innocent... I am the Light in the Darkness... I am Truth - Goku.

Mosquitoes suck - Saitama.
Biomac

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Bio
Pride Points: 36

Postby Stormy » December 23rd, 2019, 1:05 am

I mean, he was jealous because he wanted the power, wasn’t he? He wanted to be king; but was unable to because of Mufasa and Simba. The jealousy might be a bit more clear in the remake, where he explains how Sarabi had picked Mufasa over him.
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 700 character limit.
View more smilies BBCode is ON [img] is ON [flash] is OFF [url] is ON Smilies are ON
Stormy
Custom Title:

Custom Text:

Pride Points: 14

Postby Iberian » December 23rd, 2019, 2:45 am

I don´t think scar should be king, firstly because he didn´t acquired the throne by legit means, secondly he is selfish...
Now, I think he makes an interesting villain, he has a reason and they are valid. However, I think the story could be improved if Scar showed up to be a good leader, perhaps even better than Mufasa, how would Simba deal with that? heheh that would be a nice fanfic.... :P

That kind of reminds me of something...
https://i.redd.it/932huwzrc1b11.jpg
Iberian

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Biomac » December 23rd, 2019, 7:26 am

[quote="Abyssal_S"]I mean, he was jealous because he wanted the power, wasn’t he? He wanted to be king; but was unable to because of Mufasa and Simba. The jealousy might be a bit more clear in the remake, where he explains how Sarabi had picked Mufasa over him.[/quote]
I haven't seen the 2019 remake, so I don't know the scene that you're referring to. But if they did that, then that's an improvement. What I meant is that Scar's motivations, although clear, remain shallow and unoriginal. This is déjà vu, we've seen this kind of motivation a million times in different stories. Developing why he's jealous of Mufasa would've been interesting, I believe. Overall he's underdeveloped.

I am the Hope of the Universe... I am the Answer to all Living Things that cry out for Peace... I am Protector of the Innocent... I am the Light in the Darkness... I am Truth - Goku.

Mosquitoes suck - Saitama.
Biomac

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Bio
Pride Points: 36

Postby Stormy » December 23rd, 2019, 1:21 pm

I see what you mean.
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 700 character limit.
View more smilies BBCode is ON [img] is ON [flash] is OFF [url] is ON Smilies are ON
Stormy
Custom Title:

Custom Text:

Postby CrazyNuka » December 24th, 2019, 7:36 am

A great antagonist and one of my favorite Disney Villains alongside Frollo, Shere Khan, Jafar, Queen Grimhilde, Maleficent, Hades, and etc! :evil: Scar is also one of the most interesting Disney Villains as well! He was very jealous and resentful towards his brother to the point of killing his own brother to usurp the throne! And he actually succeeded in his plans too, until Simba returned and the rest is history there! Overall, definitely my second favorite Lion King character! You all know who is my first favorite! xDD
:nukacool:
One of the biggest Nuka fans on this forum! I am CrazyNuka but you can also call me CN or Bobby! Let's be friends, shall we? :3 I won't bite! Hehe! I'm just so crazy! Haha!
CrazyNuka
Aaagh this termites!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Well .. I finally got your attention .. didn't I?

Nickname(s): Bobby, CN, Nuka, Booby, Hubba Bubba
Pride Points: 13

Next

Return to The Lion King