Ruining Scar

Ruining Scar

Postby Tembo » July 4th, 2019, 8:22 pm

:cry:

Even a Lion King hater troll recognises a few good stuff in TLK, and one of these is that Scar is a great villain. Most would dare to say it's one of the best villains ever. And I think he's N°1. The voice, the design. He's perfect.

What the hell are they doing in the remake?

They are supposed to make a realistic lion, that's what everyone says. But they didn't do it. There are no lions that look like that. HE'S UGLY. Lions are not ugly, they can be deformed by scars but that's all. Scar wasn't ugly in the original film, he just looked evil. I attach a picture of a lion that lives in Masai Mara Game Reserve (Kenya) who could have been a good inspiration for this.

I have nothing against Chiwetel Eljofor but as long as the trailer goes, he did a horrible job (perhaps not only his fault but also the director's). Scar was evil but refined, double crossing, now he's just an ambitious bully, as we can hear when he tells Simba to "Run away and never return" or when he announces that he's the new king.

Sadly, I don't think this Scar will add anything.
Attachments
906d91c7f997f50662c6a10fb664d179.jpg
Tembo

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 1

Re: Ruining Scar

Postby Outsider218 » November 13th, 2019, 10:43 pm

Oh my goodness!! :o That photo you shared of the lion who looked like Scar scares me!! :O
Outsider218
Life's Not Fair, is it?

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 0

Re: Ruining Scar

Postby SimbasGuard » June 14th, 2020, 10:52 pm

The impression I got was that in this movie Scar was more physically powerful than in the original (He and Mufasa did have some type of confrontation prior to the events of the film (possibly over Sarabi)). Therefore he did not need to rely so much on his cunning.

As far as Scar still being as evil. He still wanted to kill His Brother and His Nephew, but now he (for lack of a better term) wanted Sarabi. That is a whole new dimension of evil.

Ultimately though no matter how well made (In My opinion) The Remake was. Nothing touches The Original.
My Avatar Was Made For Me By Thegeni99 Thank You So Much!

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride.
SimbasGuard
Guardian of the Pride Lands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride

Nickname(s): Anyone may shorten my name however they want.
Pride Points: 85

Return to The Lion King (2019)