TLK and ‘Coming to America’

TLK and ‘Coming to America’

Postby Elton John » October 7th, 2019, 5:32 am

I am pretty sure a lot of you know the connection between James Earl Jones and Madge Sinclair playing an African King and Queen in Coming to America and Mufasa/Sarabi in The Lion King.

but

Did you know that Shari Headley, who plays Lisa McDowell (Prince Akeems love interest) is related to Heather Headley, first Broadway Adult Nala, sang in TLK2, and voiced Makinis mom in The Lion Guard?

I have not seen anyone else make the Shari/Heather Headley TLK connection before.
Why do we fall? So that we can learn to pick ourselves back up again.
Elton John
I’m with you

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Till the end of the line!

Pride Points: 240

Re: TLK and ‘Coming to America’

Postby TheLionPrince » October 24th, 2019, 9:50 pm

I haven't found any verified sources that confirms that Shari and Heather are related. The best information that I can find is that they both have Afro-Trinidadian descent so they probably are. Could they be cousins?
TheLionPrince
Crown Prince of the Pridelands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Chris, TLP
Pride Points: 152

Re: TLK and ‘Coming to America’

Postby Elton John » October 24th, 2019, 11:01 pm

Finding a good source has been hard.

I know Shari Headley will be in Coming to America 2 along with James Earl Jones, Eddie and Arsenio Hall.
Why do we fall? So that we can learn to pick ourselves back up again.
Elton John
I’m with you

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Till the end of the line!

Pride Points: 240

Return to Beyond The Lion King