What are your thoughts on TLK1 1/2?

Re: What are your thoughts on TLK1 1/2?

Postby Stormy » October 6th, 2019, 10:30 pm

[quote] I just wish Pumbaa got his backstory too. So glad Nathan Lane and Ernie Sabella were still onboard for this one. Original cast forever.[/quote]

I'm glad they also got Matthew Broderick back for adult Simba

I think the movie theater scene worked for the first part, but after that I agree they should've dropped it.
Also a lot of people claim that it was a heartless movie, in some cases it could've been, but there are so many heartfelt scenes too. One example when Simba has a nightmare, and that entire scene helps you to see how much Timon and Pumba were there for him in his rough times. While some of the movie felt a bit of a drag, I really don't dislike it as many people seem to.
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 700 character limit.
View more smilies BBCode is ON [img] is ON [flash] is OFF [url] is ON Smilies are ON
Stormy
Custom Title:

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Custom Text:

Pride Points: 14

Re: What are your thoughts on TLK1 1/2?

Postby MeerkatOnTheMoon » October 7th, 2019, 3:52 am

[quote="Abyssal_S"][quote] I just wish Pumbaa got his backstory too. So glad Nathan Lane and Ernie Sabella were still onboard for this one. Original cast forever.[/quote]

I'm glad they also got Matthew Broderick back for adult Simba

I think the movie theater scene worked for the first part, but after that I agree they should've dropped it.
Also a lot of people claim that it was a heartless movie, in some cases it could've been, but there are so many heartfelt scenes too. One example when Simba has a nightmare, and that entire scene helps you to see how much Timon and Pumba were there for him in his rough times. While some of the movie felt a bit of a drag, I really don't dislike it as many people seem to.[/quote]

Oh yes the first part did work just to indicate that they were going back way before the beginning, and that should've been it. Also, some scenes felt forced like when they were actually at the Pride Lands during Circle of Life and I Just Can't Wait to Be King. That scene with Simba having a nightmare and Timon and Pumbaa letting him sleep with them was so lovely. One of my favorites. On social media like on Twitter and Instagram, "The Lion King 1 1/2" has tons of fans. It surprises me that it's not very well-received on this forum. A very heartwarming comedy.

Yes I'm so glad Matthew Broderick still came back as adult Simba and pretty much all of the cast - Moira Kelly as Nala and Robert Guillaume as Rafiki. Even Whoopi Goldberg, Cheech Marin and Jim Cummings reprised their roles as Shenzi, Banzai and Ed. A big part of why I love all "The Lion King" movies is the consistency in the original voice cast, except Rowan Atkinson who couldn't return as Zazu.

I felt like this movie was a very special one especially for Nathan and Ernie. It was like a celebration of their long-time friendship. Just looked back at some of the original "The Lion King" interviews, and Nathan and Ernie kept saying they've been friends since the late 70's, though they didn't start working together until "Guys and Dolls" on Broadway in 1992, which was around the same time they got cast as Timon and Pumbaa. They went back and forth between "Guys and Dolls" and the Disney Studios to record their lines back then.
The Lion King III: Hidden Kingdom
Now available to read!
https://m.fanfiction.net/s/14288564/1/The-Lion-King-3-Hidden-Kingdom
MeerkatOnTheMoon
We need a new motto.

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Let's get going!

Nickname(s): Jules
Pride Points: 13

Previous

Return to The Lion King 1½