25%
Somewhat worse than the original
22%
A lot worse than the original
44%

Total votes : 32

Re: Post-Release Poll

Postby Regulus » July 24th, 2019, 11:18 pm

[quote="KiovuLove"]I saw it Thursday night and I absolutely adored it just to come to the Internet screaming "LACK OF EXPRESSION". There still is expression it's just not emphasized.[/quote]

Even though that's maybe kind of true, I think one of the best parts of the remake was at the very beginning. When Mufasa came to Scar's lair, the part where Scar sat down and began to lick himself was such a nice addition. It's perfect, because it's so expressive without breaking the wall of believability.
Regulus
Is differentiable...

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

But convergence is not guaranteed.

Nickname(s): Reg, Regs, Last Person to Post
Pride Points: 206

Postby SimbasGuard » July 28th, 2019, 2:26 am

I voted On Par With The Original.

I liked how this remake managed to be it's own thing.

I liked most of the changes.

Sarafina got another line! (and got to say an additional word).

Scar wanting Sarabi for his Queen makes much more sense than Scar wanting Nala. It is also handled way better than in any FanFiction I have ever read.

I really like how they expanded Zazu's role. I with impressed with him.

The realistic animation does not lend itself to expressing emotion.

Simba crying out for help when Mufasa dies, Simba's ascension to The Throne, and Can You Feel The Love Tonight (I Ireally miss The Look) do not have the originals emotional impact.

[quote="Elton John"]this mght sound like blasphemy but they really should have replaced james earl jones. dude is almost 90 and it really shows... he doesnt sound nearly as regal as he did in the original.[/quote]

Blasphemer! :grr6: Seriously though, I had thought that James Earl Jones' voice sounded a bit weaker this time around, but he had no trouble putting the boom in his voice when he wanted to. He hasn't lost any range.

Hatari05 Explains this much more in depth than I even thought to look:

https://www.mylionking.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=188&t=54430

[quote="Iberian"]By the way they went completely bananas when they replaced Busa (simba running through the desert) with Beyonce´s Spirit..... :lol:[/quote]

As much as I like the idea of Simba And Nala returning home together and Beyonce's Spirt. I really missed Busa.
My Avatar Was Made For Me By Thegeni99 Thank You So Much!

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride.
SimbasGuard
Guardian of the Pride Lands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride

Nickname(s): Anyone may shorten my name however they want.
Pride Points: 85

Postby mamaprince » July 28th, 2019, 6:57 am

Oh boy, where do I even start? xD I saw the live action movie this past Tuesday and took Mufasa with me to see it, while being dressed up in TLK clothes. :lol: What did I think of the "remake"? Well, this is a rather unpopular opinion, especially since I am a huge animation nerd, but I honestly liked it better than the animated version. Part of that is due to the fact I found it more "realistic" and slightly darker than the 1994 film. I am not the best at writing reviews, but I''ll try to sum it up the best that I can, I'll break it up into sections and give my rating.

The music:
I actually enjoyed the songs in this movie. Circle Of Life was very similar to the Circle Of Life in the animated movie. I'd have to say I enjoyed both versions equally. I loved I Just Can't Wait To Be King better in this movie, I loved that they gave Nala more singing lines. :D It was cute! Be prepared was uh... Different. I say that was the only song I really didn't care much for in this version. It was okay, but nothing beats Jermey Irons Singing in the animated movie. Can You Feel The Love Tonight I loved. I think I loved the animated version a bit more though, but I liked this version just as much. Spirit was by far my favorite song in the movie, and I was happy they put it in there. I actually was glad they used that song instead of "Busa." :P I was thrilled that they still had Hans Zimmer composing the film score. It still felt like the original movie.

The Cast:
I was kinda meh on the casting for this movie... at first. Then when I watched it I changed my mind. I enjoyed Seth Rogen as Pumbaa, I felt that he fit the character well. I always loved that they cast Beyonce as Nala. I always felt she would fit perfectly as a live action Nala, mainly due to her sass. I felt Donald Glover was okay as Simba, though I did enjoy Matthew Broderick more. I liked cub Simba and Nala's voices, but my favorite would have to be John Oliver as Zazu. I loved this version of Zazu more, and he sounded a lot like the orginal Zazu to me. I was glad they casted James Earl Jones as Mufasa, though as others have explained he didn't sound as regal in this version which took some getting used to, personally. I loved watching all of the characters. I loved Whoppi Goldberg as Shenzi more, but the new Shenzi was pretty alright too.

The Storyline:
I loved that they tried to stick as much as possible to the orginal story. I did enjoy the extra bits though! Quite a lot! I was surprised they had a Scar and Sarabi love triangle, but while I was in the theaters I was like, "I knew it!" I also loved that they added other Cubs, and I loved the part where they actually showed Nala leaving the pride lands. Things that were not shown in the orginal version. I also loved the Nala and Shenzi fight scene. I found the rivalry fascinating. I cried when Mufasa died while in the theaters. :cry: Imo I found his death sadder in this version as, well, it's kinda realistic so it's kinda like he is a real lion. I thought the ending of the movie was cute, when they showed baby Kiara. It was cute she was fierce, and did a little roar. :3 When the movie was over, I hoped honestly that maybe someday they will do a live action Simba's Pride. It would be nice to see how they would portray Kiara, Kovu, and Zira.

My rating: 8.5/10. No movie is perfect. This version had flaws. In my opinion they really should of have kept out the Dung beetle part. I felt it was awkward and unesscary. Also, I think Mufasa's Ghost scene looked better in the animated version, I was kinda disappointed. :roll:
Sig by Ninven on DA.
mamaprince
Future Storm chaser

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

It's the wonder of nature baby!

Nickname(s): Mp, Stormchaser Rachel, Rachel Storm
Pride Points: 18

Postby gothprincesskiara » July 28th, 2019, 6:00 pm

Ok guys I just came across this and :-o
OMGOSH I had ignored most of these, but this only brings out the best of the remake, wow now I really do like the remake better then the original, i had no idea there were so many mistakes in the animated film, and we were so blind to see them, shame on us. I dont know how I feel about the animated anymore im feeling a little disappointed for what they did in the animated film :oops: , now I have learned from this. Good for them for fixing all of this I'm the remake I'm very pleased. ALL THE MORE REASON TO GO SEE IT!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-oJjRLw ... lieDifuJTU
Want to RP with me? Want to join my Pride on Facebook? Click the Facebook Icon.
https://www.facebook.com/queengothkiara ... fekingdom/

Check out the TLK/TLG Merchandise Page on Facebook, like and follow, and tell other fans about it.
https://www.facebook.com/The-Lion-King- ... 165042753/

James Camerons AVATAR FANS PLEASE like my Avatar page if you want to RP on the planet of Pandora, im trying get to more like to grow my page, please help me.
https://www.facebook.com/Amiryat-from-A ... 805499620/
gothprincesskiara
I live by the Circle of Life

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

We are all connected in the great Circle of Life

Nickname(s): Kiara
Pride Points: 93

Postby PridelandsPhantom » July 28th, 2019, 8:51 pm

I found it terrible especially Beyoncé. Her pop voice overpowered everyone to become the B show. Scar got the short end on both looks an Be Prepared. It was a speech for Pete’s sake! The N*zi imagery demonstrated how sinister Scar’s plot was, murder! Simba’s no at Mufasa’s death sounded like he dropped a lollipop not watched his father get trampled. Scar slapped Mufasa to kill him, gee poor Mufasa goes out like a punk.

Mufasa’s ghost can you really call it that or eerie cloud voice?
Dog Mom to Misty, Sango, Tami, Abby, and Kawaii. :)
Three Angel Babies at the Rainbow Bridge: Mija, London, and Olga :cry:
PridelandsPhantom
Kion is My Waifu!

Disney Fan and Lioness at Heart

Nickname(s): Mako, Dog Mom, Alex, Jessi
Pride Points: 12

Postby TheLionPrince » August 1st, 2019, 3:46 am

[quote="mamaprince"]The Storyline:
I loved that they tried to stick as much as possible to the orginal story. I did enjoy the extra bits though! Quite a lot! I was surprised they had a Scar and Sarabi love triangle, but while I was in the theaters I was like, "I knew it!" I also loved that they added other Cubs, and I loved the part where they actually showed Nala leaving the pride lands. Things that were not shown in the orginal version. I also loved the Nala and Shenzi fight scene. I found the rivalry fascinating. I cried when Mufasa died while in the theaters. :cry: Imo I found his death sadder in this version as, well, it's kinda realistic so it's kinda like he is a real lion. I thought the ending of the movie was cute, when they showed baby Kiara. It was cute she was fierce, and did a little roar. :3 When the movie was over, I hoped honestly that maybe someday they will do a live action Simba's Pride. It would be nice to see how they would portray Kiara, Kovu, and Zira.

My rating: 8.5/10. No movie is perfect. This version had flaws. In my opinion they really should of have kept out the Dung beetle part. I felt it was awkward and unesscary. Also, I think Mufasa's Ghost scene looked better in the animated version, I was kinda disappointed. :roll:[/quote]

The remake's novelization stated Simba and Nala's cub was a male, but who knows, they may do a gender swapping if there is a sequel to the remake.
TheLionPrince
Crown Prince of the Pridelands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Chris, TLP
Pride Points: 152

Postby ValiantVitani » August 1st, 2019, 4:10 am

I, frankly, thought the movie was really good, but not quite as good as the original. I'm not the type of person who goes really deeply into the details of the movies I watch, I just either like them or don't. But I will say that, aside from a few quibbles with the music (especially Be Prepared), I thought it did the first movie justice. I do wish that the hyenas hadn't had their roles cut down, though; in the original, they had characters of their own, and here they really were nothing at all beyond minions. I don't think any of the hyenas even talked after Be Prepared except for a few words from Shenzi did during the climax and fight.
ValiantVitani

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 1

Postby gothprincesskiara » August 2nd, 2019, 7:26 am

Ok I have been posting articles that I have been reading from the TLK magazine if anyone is interested and it had told me that loving everything about the film, just makes me a wise Disney and wise lion king fan, im sorry to say but I think those who cant embrace change and except the reasoning behind this remake are not true lion king fans to me. More like what do haters know, im sorry, but It just sickens me and pisses me off more.
Want to RP with me? Want to join my Pride on Facebook? Click the Facebook Icon.
https://www.facebook.com/queengothkiara ... fekingdom/

Check out the TLK/TLG Merchandise Page on Facebook, like and follow, and tell other fans about it.
https://www.facebook.com/The-Lion-King- ... 165042753/

James Camerons AVATAR FANS PLEASE like my Avatar page if you want to RP on the planet of Pandora, im trying get to more like to grow my page, please help me.
https://www.facebook.com/Amiryat-from-A ... 805499620/
gothprincesskiara
I live by the Circle of Life

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

We are all connected in the great Circle of Life

Nickname(s): Kiara
Pride Points: 93

Postby WildSimba » August 2nd, 2019, 4:16 pm

[quote="gothprincesskiara"]im sorry to say but I think those who cant embrace change and except the reasoning behind this remake are not true lion king fans to me.[/quote]

Who are you to dictate what makes someone a true TLK fan? I've been active part of this community for over a decade and this movie looks like crap to me, sorry. It's not about not embracing change, it's about not embracing lack of substance or thoughtful change towards the original which is already basically a perfect movie.
"There are you, you drive like a demon from station to station," - David Bowie
WildSimba
Fan the Flames

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Ain't it Funny how it happens

Nickname(s): WS, David
Telegram: Ask me through PM
Pride Points: 122

Postby MalibuTrashDog » August 11th, 2019, 5:53 am

[quote="WildSimba"][quote="gothprincesskiara"]im sorry to say but I think those who cant embrace change and except the reasoning behind this remake are not true lion king fans to me.[/quote]

Who are you to dictate what makes someone a true TLK fan? I've been active part of this community for over a decade and this movie looks like crap to me, sorry. It's not about not embracing change, it's about not embracing lack of substance or thoughtful change towards the original which is already basically a perfect movie.[/quote]

Basically what WS said. I feel like the only plus side to the remake was having Disney release a whole bunch of new Lion King merch tbh.
MalibuTrashDog
Daddy Atsume

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

The trash that collects you.

Nickname(s): Malibu, Sam
Pride Points: 100

PreviousNext

Return to The Lion King (2019)