season 3: The final TLG season!

Re: season 3: The final TLG season!

Postby TTB-Kun » May 10th, 2019, 11:20 pm

[quote="Kallo"][quote]Absolutly not. the movie makes very clear the opposite.
nuka never calls scar father or zira saying scar take care of MY nuka when he dies are crystal clear.
and rafiki in the lion guard makes it very clear that she was just folower[/quote]

That... makes zero sense. It's basically "explaining away" just to make your headcanon seem more likely. Just because it's never explicitly said out loud that Nuka and Vitani are Scar's children, it's still pretty clear, especially with Nuka. It's not something that needs to be said out loud. I never understood how this was such a difficult concept to understand in the TLK fandom; it never made any sense. Even a child can tell it's heavily implied in TLK2 that Nuka is jealous of Kovu because he was Scar's son and Kovu wasn't, and Scar still chose him. Which causes an inferiority complex and a need to prove himself in Nuka, which is the whole point of the character's arc in the movie, which eventually ends up being the catalyst for Vitani wanting to change sides and not make the same mistake. It's just basic good writing. You don't want Nuka to outright state he was Scar's son for no reason, cause that would make no sense from the audience's point of view, but the line "Kovu, Kovu, Kovu. Scar wasn't even his father. He just took him in." might as well be "Kovu, Kovu, Kovu. Scar wasn't even his father (LIKE I WAS). He just took him in."

I'm willing to accept Vitani's father is definitely questionable. But there's no way in my mind that TLK2's implication wasn't that Scar was Nuka's father. People's headcanons in this fandom just have me shaking my head sometimes. It's crazy that the headcanon that Scar was Nala's father is so strong, despite there never being any implication in either movie that was the case, but then when there actually are very strong implications, ones in fact crucial to TLK2's storytelling, that Scar was Nuka's father, those implications are just completely ignored for the sake of some other headcanon.[/quote]
stop pretending your headcanon is true pls, adding details where there are none of them.
The reason Nuka says Kovu wasn't scar son is ONLY and ONLY because they needed a reminder for the audience that Kovu is not related to Scar, so his relationship with Kiara is not an incest.
If you think TLK fandom is not on your side maybe it's because you are on the wrong one. (even if sadly i think more ppl have the same superficial point of view of the matter as you have)
Let's be real, ppl like u only want a reason to make Scar f... Zira in your fanfics...
TTB-Kun

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 11

Postby zerodix » May 21st, 2019, 5:58 pm

season 3 will start airing in august this year! precise date will come later.
missing the old deviantart...
zerodix
The Lion King remake

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

july 19th 2019

Pride Points: 19

Postby Panpardus » June 15th, 2019, 5:11 am

Still no precise date, but there's this image that apparently is from the opening "movie":
Spoiler: show
Panpardus

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 51

Postby zerodix » June 15th, 2019, 10:34 am

is that Tiifu (all right in the back?) I cant wait to see Zuri and how Kion has aged!
missing the old deviantart...
zerodix
The Lion King remake

july 19th 2019

Pride Points: 19

Postby SimbasGuard » July 15th, 2019, 9:44 am

I personally took Nuka's "Scar's wasn't even his Father. He just took him in." comment as having the implication that Nuka was Scar's son. Yes it was also necessary to explicitly state that Kovu WAS NOT Scar's son, but if Nuka was Scar's son it gives more motivation for Nuka's jealousy. Story-Wise it makes sense.

Rafiki's backstory for The Outsiders makes is all but impossible for the timeline of Nuka being Scar's son to line up.

Disney's official story for Zira's relationship with Scar is that she was just his fanatical follower. Zira's comment that Scar and she "were close, very close" does potentially imply that they were indeed lovers, and it would explain her fanatical devotion to him. However that is only one way of reading that statement. I also have to admit that in a family oriented franchise (not to mention a preschool one) Disney will never directly state that Scar And Zira were lovers. Comments like the one I previously mentioned from Zira in The Lion Guard are all we are likely to get. Those of us that see that as implying that Scar And Zira were lovers can take it how we want, but we can never take that as official canon

@Panpardus: That is a very neat image and despite not having an eye for art. It looks very official to me. The one thing I question is why would Kiara be charging on the front line while Nala is further back? She could be in command of the next waves, but shouldn't Kiara be back further as well?
My Avatar Was Made For Me By Thegeni99 Thank You So Much!

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride.
SimbasGuard
Guardian of the Pride Lands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride

Nickname(s): Anyone may shorten my name however they want.
Pride Points: 85

Previous

Return to The Lion Guard