When Nala says 'I thought you were very brave'...

Re: When Nala says 'I thought you were very brave'...

Postby nathalie » July 16th, 2016, 6:01 am

The animation that goes with it, would be pretty rude if it were sarcastic, so no, just look at Nala when she says it.
nathalie
tlk soundtrack freak

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 8

Postby MoBeh » September 2nd, 2018, 4:16 pm

[quote="Elton John"]... Was she being sincere or sarcastic? I think it could go either way...

Simba did take a big slice out of a hyena to buy her time to escape, and when the three hyenas were about to make a meal out of them simba planted himself in front of her, protecting her in the process. By doing this he put her safety first.

But nalas personality is a bit sassy and sarcastic, and she could have been sarcastic at his pitiful roar and how mufasa had to save the two.

Your thoughts?[/quote]

I think if she wants to recover Simba and being sincere, she should use the verb "think" instead of " thought",
shouldn't?
MoBeh

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 0

Postby SimbasGuard » December 18th, 2018, 4:28 am

[quote="MoBeh"]I think if she wants to recover Simba and being sincere, she should use the verb "think" instead of " thought",
shouldn't?[/quote]

No because she is commenting on the situation that had just happened to them. The situation in which Simba had tried to protect her. Hence her use of the past tense tern "thought." Nala was definitely being sincere.
My Avatar Was Made For Me By Thegeni99 Thank You So Much!

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride.
SimbasGuard
Guardian of the Pride Lands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride

Nickname(s): Anyone may shorten my name however they want.
Pride Points: 85

Postby Meskhenet » May 2nd, 2019, 5:36 pm

She was being sincere. Given what they both had been through and Simba feeling disappointed that his father was angry at him for disobeying him, Nala was reassuring him that he was brave for protecting her from the hyenas even when he was just as much in danger as she was.
Meskhenet
Let this prayer be your guide

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Always remember your pride

Nickname(s): Mesk
Pride Points: 21

Previous

Return to The Lion King