It's official, there's gonna be a tlk remake.

Re: It's official, there's gonna be a tlk remake.

Postby gothprincesskiara » April 11th, 2019, 1:07 am

Ok I'm sorry for ranting here first, but I'm just sick of all the negativity I hear and the false expectations that people are complaining about, I'm speaking as someone who studies nature and animals, watches alot of animal planet with wildcat documentaries. If all you care about it being more like the animated film when it comes to the colors, the facial expressions, or that you cant tell the difference in the characters?. The animated version was more KID BASED with more of kids point of view, THIS REMAKE? is more of the realistic Adult version of it now, Live action MEANS raw nature at its finest, and this is it!, This is exactly how real lion life looks like in Africa, they need to blend in to there environment for camouflage, if the real versions of these lion characters had brighter colors they would be easily seen by there pray. This is what real lions look like, and if you only care about the animated version and dont care for real lions or Africa itself? well I just say thats sad, because you are not using your imagination enough or opening up to new ideas and possibilities, dont be so closed minded, I say this because as someone who loves big cats with the lion being my #1, TLK has made me fall in love with Africa and its black people and culture, and has made it my dream vacation. I just think how can you call yourself a TLK fan if you dont care about the reality of it, and wondering things like What would the animated version look like in real life, and so this is it, and they are not going to make it look cheesy and go against how the real nature of it is supposed to look. No thats not Disney, ok so maybe Disney does a poor job at some things like TLG but not something like these remakes, We are not the makers of these films if you want to fix it go right ahead and try to get a job with them, But you dont hear me complaining as a true die hard lion king fan, and thats what happens if you get your expectations too high. So please those who dont like these remakes, please keep it to yourselves.

Now on with my review and notes.....
We got some brand new beautiful scenery, I have made the connection that the new Elephant Graveyard is more like the Outlands, termite mound, den? , this scene look more like the outlands then an EG, would if they call it the Outlands instead of the EG, I dont see any elephant bones do you?

Script we can tell is not going to be exactly word for word there is new dialog- something new to memorize now.

Now those who complain about how its hard to tell the difference of who is who in the trailer, let me show you a video to help you understand something about studying and identifying animals. https://www.facebook.com/queengothkiara ... 048167109/

When it comes to Zazu now thats how a hornbill should look.

Scar still has his features that define him with one small difference- he still has a slender muzzles plus you can see his Scar, but he has one nick on the edge of his left ear. Now when it comes to Simba and Nala I'm sure they have put in some obvious differences, we just cant see them that well yet.

I'm very impressed with how spot on they made the movement on the lions, exactly how a lion moves, they did it perfectly. And Scars ear twitch, total lion behavior, its just CUTE!

And not being a fan of Timon and Pumbaa I already like this version of Timon and Pumbaa singing...for now, I will be glad if they leave out the fart nonsense. Timon looks so cute for a meerkat.

And did I hear someone say it might be 2 hrs long??? who was that?
Want to RP with me? Want to join my Pride on Facebook? Click the Facebook Icon.
https://www.facebook.com/queengothkiara ... fekingdom/

Check out the TLK/TLG Merchandise Page on Facebook, like and follow, and tell other fans about it.
https://www.facebook.com/The-Lion-King- ... 165042753/

James Camerons AVATAR FANS PLEASE like my Avatar page if you want to RP on the planet of Pandora, im trying get to more like to grow my page, please help me.
https://www.facebook.com/Amiryat-from-A ... 805499620/
gothprincesskiara
I live by the Circle of Life

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

We are all connected in the great Circle of Life

Nickname(s): Kiara
Pride Points: 93

Postby Elton John » April 11th, 2019, 1:17 am

well, most disney live action remakes tend to be around 2 hours. its just a guess on my part.
Why do we fall? So that we can learn to pick ourselves back up again.
Elton John
I’m with you

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Till the end of the line!

Pride Points: 240

Postby Panpardus » April 11th, 2019, 3:37 pm

Okay, so I'm at the point where I'm definitely going to watch this in theaters, it's a day one for me. I'm really liking most everything I'm seeing and hearing -- particularly the detail put into Scar's design; he looks way more like a typical real mature male lion than Mufasa does (don't get me wrong, Mufasa is glorious but he strikes me more as a zoo-raised animal just through his pristine appearance and lack of noticeable scarring) -- and I'm well past the point of trying to compare this to the cartoon version. For anyone still hung up on it, perhaps it might help to view this as its own project in the same way that you wouldn't necessarily go into the Broadway version with the same mindset as if you were to sit down and watch the 1994 version.

But yeah, to me they've done a good job distinguishing between at least the three adult males; obviously Scar looks very different from Mufasa, but also Simba has his own unique things going on with his design. I especially like the way they incorporated his 'bangs' into the mane, which you can really see in the shot against the moon; it's a subtle thing but it's distinctive and I love it. I'm more concerned about the lionesses; they all look nice in the one shot we got of them, but they look the same save Nala (who is course notably lighter than the other lions, furthering that "light-colored love interest" trope I don't like), which makes me think they won't get much individual attention or characterization. I also noticed Simba and Nala are noticeably different sizes as cubs; I don't think it actually means much or affects the story but it's just one of those random things I don't like for arbitrary aesthetic reasons.
Panpardus

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 51

Postby Elton John » April 11th, 2019, 11:57 pm

https://www.dga.org/Craft/DGAQ/All-Arti ... ators.aspx

jon favreau talks a bit about the technical aspects of remaking the lion king.
Elton John
I’m with you

Postby PridelandsPhantom » April 12th, 2019, 1:46 am

It might be alright but I din’t like Scars VA much. He doesn’t have Irons power or creepy factor. Scar looks alright, wish his mane was darker
Dog Mom to Misty, Sango, Tami, Abby, and Kawaii. :)
Three Angel Babies at the Rainbow Bridge: Mija, London, and Olga :cry:
PridelandsPhantom
Kion is My Waifu!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Disney Fan and Lioness at Heart

Nickname(s): Mako, Dog Mom, Alex, Jessi
Pride Points: 12

Postby tom turas » April 12th, 2019, 4:57 pm

they will age the characters specially SCAR
look at the trailer
the first scene show a short scar mane a little black
and the and when he appears with lioness his mane is larger than the first and more blak

look at this shot that i made

https://twitter.com/ton_ilumiton/status ... 3537558533
tom turas

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 1

Postby Elton John » April 19th, 2019, 7:07 pm

http://i.imgur.com/jAI769g.jpg

It looks like I was right! For once...

Movie will be longer than the original, by how much I do not know.

Lebo M is a part of what I assume is the musical score? Unknown if he sings or not but he has posted a bunch of photos on twitter of him and hans and a bunch of others working on the movie.

I also heard there was a new version of ‘circle of life’ at cinemacon a few weeks ago dunno how true it is.
Elton John
I’m with you

Postby Gaze » April 19th, 2019, 7:43 pm

^ Lebo M confirmed?? this is the first I’ve heard of his involvement and I’m so glad!! :D
Gaze
TLK collector

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

and bad poster

Pride Points: 26

Postby Elton John » April 19th, 2019, 7:50 pm

Yeah. He told me a while back on facebook that he wasn’t a part of the remake, that he was busy working on the live musical I think in singapore? I’m assuming he meant either he wasn’t working on it ‘at the moment’ and would work on it later. Or that Disney didn’t hire him until after I asked him.
Elton John
I’m with you

Postby gothprincesskiara » April 19th, 2019, 7:58 pm

LEBOOOOOOOO :D aahhh things just keep getting better with the news, the merch im just not so sure yet on how I feel about it yet, gonna have to get used to it.
Want to RP with me? Want to join my Pride on Facebook? Click the Facebook Icon.
https://www.facebook.com/queengothkiara ... fekingdom/

Check out the TLK/TLG Merchandise Page on Facebook, like and follow, and tell other fans about it.
https://www.facebook.com/The-Lion-King- ... 165042753/

James Camerons AVATAR FANS PLEASE like my Avatar page if you want to RP on the planet of Pandora, im trying get to more like to grow my page, please help me.
https://www.facebook.com/Amiryat-from-A ... 805499620/
gothprincesskiara
I live by the Circle of Life

We are all connected in the great Circle of Life

Nickname(s): Kiara
Pride Points: 93

PreviousNext

Return to The Lion King (2019)