getting impatient waiting for s3.

getting impatient waiting for s3.

Postby Elton John » December 12th, 2018, 1:06 am

I feel that the Scar storyline has dragged on for far too long, outside of a final confrontation I feel theyve done what they can with it.

Plus i’m very intrigued by Rani, and if what kevin schon said is true kovu and kiara will be getting more screentime.

plus if what ford riley said is true the ending to s3 should tie up the series nicely and explain a few things about it and tlk2.
Why do we fall? So that we can learn to pick ourselves back up again.
Elton John
I’m with you

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Till the end of the line!

Pride Points: 240

Re: getting impatient waiting for s3.

Postby JackStover » December 14th, 2018, 10:38 pm

There are two lines of thinking.

1. They want to save all of the episodes for before/after the movie premieres, as they believe it will help the show and the movie do better.

2. They want to save all of the episodes for after the movie premieres, as they believe the show will hurt the movie.

I realize the second point sounds farfetched, but analysts blamed The Penguins Of Madagascar television series for The Penguins Of Madagascar movie failing. They argued that kids and parents found no reason to watch the movie when they could just stay home and watch the show. Perhaps a property like The Lion King doesn't have to worry about that, but money talks and networks are always listening.

Since we know season three is the final season, and most of the merchandise for the show failed to be a big hit (I haven't seen any new toy announcements for a while and the magazine got cancelled), it's unlikely that they plan to use the movie to help the show. So we might be waiting for season three for a while.
JackStover

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 17

Postby Elton John » December 14th, 2018, 11:42 pm

I don’t think the show will hurt the remake in any way. By now the only people who care (or know about) about the lion guard are the really diehard tlk fans and little kids, both of which will probably see the remake as well.

The remake has a vastly wider audience. Besides kids who are new to the franchise and young adults who grew up with the original i’ve seen a lot of diehard Beyonce fans get excited for it.

number 1 is more likely.
Why do we fall? So that we can learn to pick ourselves back up again.
Elton John
I’m with you

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Till the end of the line!

Pride Points: 240

Postby Hatari05 » December 15th, 2018, 4:34 am

There's also the possibility they are delaying the episodes so season 3 will have less breaks in between. Season 3 will likely have a sense of finality to it culminating the show while likely setting up the conflict of Simba's Pride I also wouldn't be surprised if the idea of We are one plays into the final season, making Kiara's realization in SP tie to this series as well. Season 3 was likely designed to make LK, LG and SP into one story which likely means it's way more continuity driven and will have less breaks than the previous seasons so they are dragging out season 2 to give season 3 more time to be worked on requiring less breaks.
Hatari05

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): you can just call me Hatari for short
Pride Points: 26

Postby SimbasGuard » December 19th, 2018, 7:17 am

As excited as I am for Season 3, I am somewhat sad because It will most likely be the last season.

I am still very intrigued with the plot and I am wondering if Scar will want to bolster his ranks as The Lion Guard is gaining new allies.

How exactly are The Pride Landers preparing to deal with the threat Scar poses?

Janja not immediately rejecting Jasiri's offer to join The Hyena Resistance will likely come into play in a future episode.

I much prefer the way they are airing the show now rather than having to wait until February 2019, to have them finish Season 2 in a week. Then having to wait until (Just Speculation Here) November 2019 for Season 3 to start.
Last edited by SimbasGuard on March 20th, 2019, 6:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
My Avatar Was Made For Me By Thegeni99 Thank You So Much!

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride.
SimbasGuard
Guardian of the Pride Lands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride

Nickname(s): Anyone may shorten my name however they want.
Pride Points: 85

Postby zerodix » February 19th, 2019, 8:47 pm

is it confirmed that season 3 is the last season?
And is it true that Rafiki or Makini will have mandrill relatives coming over?
missing the old deviantart...
zerodix
The Lion King remake

july 19th 2019

Pride Points: 19

Postby Panpardus » February 19th, 2019, 11:39 pm

Broadway performers and The Lion King alumni Heather Headley (who originated the role of adult Nala) and Christopher Jackson (original member of the ensemble cast, later took over the role of Simba; actually voiced the giant gorilla Shujaa on The Lion Guard) are voicing Makini's parents in an episode down the road and will have a duet together: https://deadline.com/2018/09/the-lion-g ... 202455784/

As for season 3 being the ending, it hasn't been straight-up confirmed by Disney in some official news story or press release, but comments from Ford Riley and some of the other show runners like Christopher Willis (who does the orchestral scoring) and Kevin Schon on social media and publicized person-to-person communications indicate as much.

There was Ford Riley who initially posted a photo of him finishing the script for the season finale of season 3, writing about it in a pretty reflective tone: https://scontent.fbed1-1.fna.fbcdn.net/ ... e=5CDA2A73
Additionally, someone sent a letter/petition to him in early 2018 and he actually wrote back, saying "I will voice your sentiment that "The Lion Guard" deserves a 4th season to my colleagues at Disney Junior. But, just so you know, even if Season 3 is the final season of the series, I feel that creatively the last episode of Season 3 would make for a satisfying conclusion to the series. But I can't give you any spoilers!" You can see the full text here: https://lionguard.fandom.com/wiki/Thread:72121

Then you had another writer posting a similar thing on the season 3 progress, speaking about the season finale: https://scontent.fbed1-1.fna.fbcdn.net/ ... e=5D228E2C
Christopher Willis had his own thoughts on it: http://i.imgur.com/hrcvaTd.jpg and Kevin Schon (Timon) has said in conversations with someone on this forum that Season 3 is written as a series ending that will tie together all the story threads and lead into the back half of Simba's Pride.
Panpardus

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 51

Postby JackStover » February 20th, 2019, 3:18 am

The main tell that the show is ending is the merchandise. Or rather, the lack of merchandise. Pretty much everything has been canned. The magazines. The blind bags. The toys. I don't think anything new is still in production. It was a commercial flop.
JackStover

Pride Points: 17

Postby SimbasGuard » March 20th, 2019, 6:49 am

[quote="JackStover"]It was a commercial flop.[/quote]

That is what I do not understand. With as good as the show is I can't see how it was a commercial failure. I think the only thing that ever held this show back was that they chose to target a preschool audience :sad: even with that I still think the show is incredible. They have done things with The Lion Guard that I would have never thought a preschool show could do.
My Avatar Was Made For Me By Thegeni99 Thank You So Much!

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride.
SimbasGuard
Guardian of the Pride Lands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride

Nickname(s): Anyone may shorten my name however they want.
Pride Points: 85

Return to The Lion Guard