What are you thinking RIGHT NOW?

Fun and Games is a fun and zany place, but please remember to follow forum rules when posting. Things can become spammy, but please refrain from posting outright spam topics. Just ask a staff member if you have any questions!

Re: What are you thinking RIGHT NOW?

Postby Gemini » January 4th, 2019, 5:40 pm

So it's official - I can work here til June but don't have to take classes after March. All I have to do is make sure everything's good with the advising office and I should be set to graduate with my bachelor's in less than 3 months. :D
Ask Me Stuff | FFnet | Video Q&A Session | About My Webcomic | Commission Me (dA)
"A lion may be stronger, but a wolf doesn't jump through hoops."
Pic (c) BlazingBlackMage
Gemini
The maverick

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Don't look back

Nickname(s): Twin, Janna
Telegram: @maverickmule
Pride Points: 107

Postby Panda-chan » January 5th, 2019, 6:28 am

About ready to pass out
D̵̢̨̧̛͔̖͍̝̤̫̼̝̬̤̪̟͇͙̊̏̎͛̇̏͊͌̃̂̈́͂̒̄̅̚̚͘͝R̸̥̙͂̀̾̑̊̀̉́̀́̐̄̊̿̈́̄͑̐̕͝I̴̗̯̼̳͉͕̺̤̖̝̪̫̊͛͝͠Ǹ̵̨̧͈̮̦̖̝͈̥̗͕̭͉̺̲͕̥͔͎̹͖͙͇̲̘̩̞͓̦̦̯̮̙̜̼̝͈̣̺̰̺̟̙̫̫ͅK̶̢̢̡̧̢̛̻͎̘͉̦͚̳̗̱̗̮̫̲͎̟͚͖̠̣̺͎̠̤͈̩̞͈͚̣̳̟̣̓͊͊̍̀̇͆́͐̔̔̅̿̅̋̈̈́̔̈̒̌̆̃̇͗̂̐̽́͊̋͗̚̕͘͜͜͠͝͝ ̴̧̧̢̧̧̢̛̦̗̦̭͔̝͎̘͍͚͈̰̦̲͍̥͚̱͓̦̙̞̱̜̹̍̉́̿̃͆̆̾̀̍̊͛̈́̽̈́̀̋̒̾͗͗͂̾̊̇̃̈́̋́̓̄̂̐͊͂̏̿̅͂̚͘̚͜͠͝͠ͅͅͅͅW̵̢̧̨̥͇̳̩͍̪̓̉͊̓̏͜͠Ã̵̧̨͍͚̭̱̦̯̣͓̱̫͑͋̋̾̎͑̽̔̒͆̉͒͑͆̎͑̑̒͋̑̀̒̿͑̄͋̒͆̑͆̔̈̈́͂͆̾̾̌̃̏̊̓͘͜͝͠͠T̸̨̧̛̮̙̰͇̹̭̥̙̝̱̼̥͖̟̃̔̑̒̓̈́͂̈́̂̓̂̎̋͊̌͋̂͂̃̂͝͠͠͝ͅĘ̴̧̡̢̧̡̠͉͉͕̤̳̘̖̙̭͙͕̻͍̖̗͙̯͈͔͋̄̾̄͛͌͌͒͛̇̎͋̉̈́̆̈́̍̎̆̒͑̒̅̋̊̄̈̿͒̈̋̾̊́̔̚͝͠͝͠ͅŖ̸̠̫͓̞͈̫̉̂
Panda-chan

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

STAY HYDRATED, FOLKS

Nickname(s): Weeb trash
Telegram: 6834232905344686445634231897968563522324236894284563523722616678
Pride Points: 108

Postby Regulus » January 5th, 2019, 11:13 pm

I graduated in December of 2017, and spent most of 2018 looking for work. I was able to find a part time job tutoring, but it didn't go well, and for the most part, things weren't looking good. I knew I needed to rethink my life, so I decided I would go back to school for a master's degree.

I didn't have funding for my first semester, and I questioned if it was a wise decision. Now, I can say that it was. I've been offered a full time job as a research assistant just this week. This upcoming Monday will be my first day of real, actual work--and for the first time ever, I will have complete financial independence. My tuition and fees will be paid for, I will be doing real engineering work, and I will have my own health insurance coverage, among other things.

It's difficult for me to express just how grateful I am that this is happening, and it's very odd to think that everything managed to fall into place after all. I'm not just relieved; I'm completely blown away by how awesome it is.
Regulus
Is differentiable...

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

But convergence is not guaranteed.

Nickname(s): Reg, Regs, Last Person to Post
Pride Points: 206

Postby Panda-chan » January 6th, 2019, 6:14 pm

[quote="Regulus"]I graduated in December of 2017, and spent most of 2018 looking for work. I was able to find a part time job tutoring, but it didn't go well, and for the most part, things weren't looking good. I knew I needed to rethink my life, so I decided I would go back to school for a master's degree.

I didn't have funding for my first semester, and I questioned if it was a wise decision. Now, I can say that it was. I've been offered a full time job as a research assistant just this week. This upcoming Monday will be my first day of real, actual work--and for the first time ever, I will have complete financial independence. My tuition and fees will be paid for, I will be doing real engineering work, and I will have my own health insurance coverage, among other things.

It's difficult for me to express just how grateful I am that this is happening, and it's very odd to think that everything managed to fall into place after all. I'm not just relieved; I'm completely blown away by how awesome it is.[/quote]

Congrats my dude! :D Really happy that it all worked out, and that you get to work at a job you love! :P

—————————

I really really hope I get the apartment. I doubt it, though :/
D̵̢̨̧̛͔̖͍̝̤̫̼̝̬̤̪̟͇͙̊̏̎͛̇̏͊͌̃̂̈́͂̒̄̅̚̚͘͝R̸̥̙͂̀̾̑̊̀̉́̀́̐̄̊̿̈́̄͑̐̕͝I̴̗̯̼̳͉͕̺̤̖̝̪̫̊͛͝͠Ǹ̵̨̧͈̮̦̖̝͈̥̗͕̭͉̺̲͕̥͔͎̹͖͙͇̲̘̩̞͓̦̦̯̮̙̜̼̝͈̣̺̰̺̟̙̫̫ͅK̶̢̢̡̧̢̛̻͎̘͉̦͚̳̗̱̗̮̫̲͎̟͚͖̠̣̺͎̠̤͈̩̞͈͚̣̳̟̣̓͊͊̍̀̇͆́͐̔̔̅̿̅̋̈̈́̔̈̒̌̆̃̇͗̂̐̽́͊̋͗̚̕͘͜͜͠͝͝ ̴̧̧̢̧̧̢̛̦̗̦̭͔̝͎̘͍͚͈̰̦̲͍̥͚̱͓̦̙̞̱̜̹̍̉́̿̃͆̆̾̀̍̊͛̈́̽̈́̀̋̒̾͗͗͂̾̊̇̃̈́̋́̓̄̂̐͊͂̏̿̅͂̚͘̚͜͠͝͠ͅͅͅͅW̵̢̧̨̥͇̳̩͍̪̓̉͊̓̏͜͠Ã̵̧̨͍͚̭̱̦̯̣͓̱̫͑͋̋̾̎͑̽̔̒͆̉͒͑͆̎͑̑̒͋̑̀̒̿͑̄͋̒͆̑͆̔̈̈́͂͆̾̾̌̃̏̊̓͘͜͝͠͠T̸̨̧̛̮̙̰͇̹̭̥̙̝̱̼̥͖̟̃̔̑̒̓̈́͂̈́̂̓̂̎̋͊̌͋̂͂̃̂͝͠͠͝ͅĘ̴̧̡̢̧̡̠͉͉͕̤̳̘̖̙̭͙͕̻͍̖̗͙̯͈͔͋̄̾̄͛͌͌͒͛̇̎͋̉̈́̆̈́̍̎̆̒͑̒̅̋̊̄̈̿͒̈̋̾̊́̔̚͝͠͝͠ͅŖ̸̠̫͓̞͈̫̉̂
Panda-chan

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

STAY HYDRATED, FOLKS

Postby DGFone » January 7th, 2019, 12:59 am

What is up with multiplayer today? Trolls in OpenRA, War Thunder is well... nothing new there, but seriously. And it's not like I can try and enjoy them tomorrow since I have to work.
DGFone
Got wings

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Watch me soar

Nickname(s): Planes, DGF, DG
Pride Points: 138

Postby Azdgari » January 7th, 2019, 5:10 am

[quote="Regulus"]I graduated in December of 2017, and spent most of 2018 looking for work. I was able to find a part time job tutoring, but it didn't go well, and for the most part, things weren't looking good. I knew I needed to rethink my life, so I decided I would go back to school for a master's degree.

It's difficult for me to express just how grateful I am that this is happening, and it's very odd to think that everything managed to fall into place after all. I'm not just relieved; I'm completely blown away by how awesome it is.[/quote]
Congrats man! I'm really happy to hear it. You were always way too smart of a guy to be locked out of your profession for long... it isn't always fair and it's definitely not always pretty, but fundamentally good (and driven) people tend to get where they're supposed to be. Financial independence is a huge achievement, and getting there without sacrificing your ambitions is something to be super proud of. I hope things just keep getting better in 2019.
Guess the Member with Kitva Hyperlink: show
"Hates me
Nothing but facts
Male"

"...Woeler?"

"ya"
Azdgari
big, wide turns

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 114

Postby Kiana » February 9th, 2019, 4:21 pm

I can't believe he's gone. It doesn't feel real to me. God, going back to school is going to be horrible. And what's worse, they probably won't find the body until spring now that the search efforts are on hold.

Huge thank you to Carl Skywalker for this amazing signature! And all rights go to him for the buttons

ImageImageImage
Kiana
I Don't Need an Avatar

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I AM the Avatar

Telegram: @Miluca24
Pride Points: 19

Postby Regulus » February 10th, 2019, 7:27 pm

The difference between undergrad and graduate studies:

undergraduate: There's this book you need, it's the new 17th edition that costs $400. And by the way, you also need the $200 online access code to complete the online homework. Later, next semester, you'll need to buy the access code again. We know students are bankrupt, and we do our best to ensure it stays that way.

graduate: There's this book you need. It's 60 years old. All the authors are dead now, and the book is no longer being published, but it's a good book. Good luck finding it. Get a used copy for $20 on ebay, maybe. It might be in German.
Regulus
Is differentiable...

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

But convergence is not guaranteed.

Nickname(s): Reg, Regs, Last Person to Post
Pride Points: 206

Postby Panda-chan » February 12th, 2019, 4:00 am

[quote="Kiana"]I can't believe he's gone. It doesn't feel real to me. God, going back to school is going to be horrible. And what's worse, they probably won't find the body until spring now that the search efforts are on hold.[/quote]
:/ ?
Panda-chan

STAY HYDRATED, FOLKS

Postby Buffy » February 24th, 2019, 10:09 pm

it's really weird how a website that used to feel like home just feels like a space i don't belong in anymore lol
Buffy
once i present, but then

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

everything changed when the fire nation attacked.

Pride Points: 180

PreviousNext

Return to Fun and Games