It's official, there's gonna be a tlk remake.

Re: It's official, there's gonna be a tlk remake.

Postby Panpardus » February 1st, 2019, 5:00 pm

You can see a bunch more in this thread: https://www.dvdizzy.com/forum/viewtopic ... 7&p=716677
Panpardus

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 51

Postby Elton John » February 1st, 2019, 5:55 pm

it seems like, as expected, the hyenas have more natural fur colors. which i’m ok with.
Why do we fall? So that we can learn to pick ourselves back up again.
Elton John
I’m with you

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Till the end of the line!

Pride Points: 240

Postby Panpardus » February 3rd, 2019, 6:19 pm

So reportedly, "Be Prepared" is in fact going to be featured in the movie, despite the speculation that it was dropped. This is according to the guys at The DisInsider, who also reported on the idea of Scar being considered to be white early in production.

And before you say it, no, I don't think he's an unreliable source just because the white Scar rumor doesn't seem to have come to bare. It was probably just an idea they had that got scrapped in favor of sticking closer to the traditional coloration.

https://twitter.com/Skylerhxc/status/10 ... 2405746688
Panpardus

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Elton John » February 3rd, 2019, 6:45 pm

I had a feeling that they didn’t drop it.

ok I mentioned it a few thousand times but who is counting?

*will wear the cone of shame if wrong*
Elton John
I’m with you

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby TheLionPrince » February 4th, 2019, 8:49 pm

That's good to hear. If IMDb trivia is to be trusted, the song was originally cut from the film because of the Nazi symbolism and Chiwetel Ejiofor's voice was ill-suited for the song, but after the backlash, they decided to put it back in.

Just for the record, Ejiofor did sing in the film version of Kinky Boots and it sounds fine.
TheLionPrince
Crown Prince of the Pridelands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Chris, TLP
Pride Points: 152

Postby Elton John » February 4th, 2019, 9:16 pm

i’m curious as to where imdb got that info.
Elton John
I’m with you

Postby TheLionPrince » February 5th, 2019, 1:58 am

[quote="Elton John"]i’m curious as to where imdb got that info.[/quote]

They are submitted by the users. The data managers then post it on the trivia page within a day. They usually don't fact check them to see if the information is verified, but other users can always issue a correction or deletion.
TheLionPrince
Crown Prince of the Pridelands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Chris, TLP
Pride Points: 152

Postby Panpardus » February 5th, 2019, 4:25 am

In my limited experience, IMDb is what middle school teachers always told me Wikipedia was like. I honestly cannot for one second buy that "Be Prepared" would've been cut because of the Nazi imagery, especially since they still air this movie unedited on Freeform and other Disney channels and I've never seen anybody bring it up online as a criticism (expect maybe once to say that it's a little extra and goofy).

And Chiwetel Ejiofor has a decent singing voice; Kinky Boots and that scene from 12 Years a Slave (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mAZhQQN758g) are enough to convince me that he could at least carry the song well. Not to mention that Jeremy Irons talk-sang/snarled his way through much of his rendition of "Be Prepared" anyway; it's more the attitude than singing ability that makes the song work.

Edit: Speaking of whom, some of my friends back in college just met him today, it seems.
Panpardus

Postby DGFone » February 5th, 2019, 3:24 pm

Yesterday I finally realized that the remake is coming out this year. Not next year, but this year.

Welcome to 2019 everyone!
DGFone
Got wings

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Watch me soar

Nickname(s): Planes, DGF, DG
Pride Points: 138

Postby zerodix » February 5th, 2019, 6:37 pm

actually its release is in 5 months, june 19th, so merch and more teaser material should come soon!
missing the old deviantart...
zerodix
The Lion King remake

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

july 19th 2019

Pride Points: 19

PreviousNext

Return to The Lion King (2019)