[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
View topic - what are your expectations (to make you happy) with this rem — My Lion King Forum

what are your expectations (to make you happy) with this rem

what are your expectations (to make you happy) with this rem

Postby Elton John » December 24th, 2018, 11:49 pm

ake.

Honestly all I really want is more screentime and characterization for Sarabi and Nala. Give em’ both a song too.

That would make me happy.
Why do we fall? So that we can learn to pick ourselves back up again.
Elton John
I’m with you

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Till the end of the line!

Pride Points: 240

Re: what are your expectations (to make you happy) with this

Postby TheLionPrince » December 25th, 2018, 11:40 pm

1. More screentime for Sarabi and Nala. I do think they will explore more of Scar's reign over the Pride Lands.

2. There will probably be more new characters in minor supporting roles like the elephant shrew character being voiced by Amy Sedaris.

3. Scar will probably be a more sympathetic villain.

4. As hinted by John Kani in a radio interview, Rafiki will probably be depicted as a more serious shaman character.
TheLionPrince
Crown Prince of the Pridelands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Chris, TLP
Pride Points: 152

Postby Panpardus » December 30th, 2018, 6:56 pm

Panpardus

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 51

Postby DGFone » December 31st, 2018, 5:21 pm

In the original movie, the decision not to show Nala leaving the Pride Lands was a very deliberate one: her showing up and nearly eating Pumbaa was supposed to be a surprise, so showing her leave would have spoiled it.

However with the remake, since the plot is already known, I am still debating whether or not it would be a good thing to show her leaving or not.
DGFone
Got wings

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Watch me soar

Nickname(s): Planes, DGF, DG
Pride Points: 138

Postby Panpardus » January 5th, 2019, 5:32 pm

I'm assuming it won't be that much of a surprise this time around. Most people going into this definitely already know the story anyway; that's why the remake is happening in the first place and it's one of the most watched trailers in history. More substantively, unless they write some wholly original material, I can't see how they'd beef up adult Nala's role/screentime in a meaningful way (which they'll probably do since it's Beyoncé) without addressing this plot point. I think there's more to gain than lose from including it.
Panpardus

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 51

Postby SimbasGuard » January 15th, 2019, 3:10 am

I just need them to expand on the original, as a shot by shot Remake is pointless.

Like most everyone has said.

More Screen time for Nala, Sarabi, Sarafina. (Mention Sarafina's name on Screen).

Showing Scar make his romantic advances on Nala might run the risk of flirting with a PG-13 Rating, but it would also rule him out as her Father.

Please talk about Nala's Father and Name him (or at least say why he is not there), After 25 years I want to put a stake through the heart of the idea that Simba and Nala are related.

Both Kiara and Kion born at the end

Credit Cookie (I'd prefer it to be serious rather than silly, but I want one).
Last edited by SimbasGuard on January 31st, 2019, 8:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
My Avatar Was Made For Me By Thegeni99 Thank You So Much!

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride.
SimbasGuard
Guardian of the Pride Lands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride

Nickname(s): Anyone may shorten my name however they want.
Pride Points: 85

Postby Iberian » January 17th, 2019, 7:44 pm

I´m hoping to hear some new songs, such as the madness of king scar (which goes in hand with what was said about giving more screen time to Nala). I kinda also wanted to hear some of the songs from rythm of the pridelands, (Lala and Kube come to mind... :P ).
I know this ins´t the right thread to complain about the movie, but I have only one problem with John Fravreau´s design: His color palette. Lion King is a movie with such a broad color palette, I really hope they don´t mess it up and make it all look bland and vague...
I know some of these images are over-saturated, this serves only to show the broad range of color schemes in the original movie.
Spoiler: show
Iberian

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 14

Postby Aelwen » January 18th, 2019, 11:13 am

[quote="SimbasGuard"]I just need them to expand on the original as a shot by shot Remake is pointless.

Please talk about Nala's Father and Name him (or at least say why he is not there), After 25 years I want to put a stake through the heart of the idea that Simba and Nala are related.

Both Kiara and Kion born at the end

Credit Cookie (I'd prefer it to be serious rather than silly, but I want one).[/quote]

I sdoubt movie makers care about Kiara or Kion. They will show us a little namesless cub in the end as usual.
(And besides, isn't a point of ceremony to show an heir apparent and not all heirs?).

Maybe we'll know smth about Nala's father...
Aelwen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 1

Postby SimbasGuard » January 19th, 2019, 7:58 am

[quote="Aelwen"]I sdoubt movie makers care about Kiara or Kion. They will show us a little namesless cub in the end as usual.
(And besides, isn't a point of ceremony to show an heir apparent and not all heirs?).
[/quote]

Only one cub will be presented at the ceremony. As yes the point of the ceremony is to show the Heir to The Throne not all of The Royal Cubs. However it would be easy enough for them to show that Nala had two cubs while only one is presented.

You are also right that they most likely will not mention the name and/or gender(s) of the cub(s) at the end. I know full well that once I see that cub I will assume that it is Kiara. If there is more that one cub at the end I will assume that that cub is Kion. It is very possible that Disney could take an entirely different route if they deiced to follow up The Remake in any way.
Last edited by SimbasGuard on January 31st, 2019, 8:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
My Avatar Was Made For Me By Thegeni99 Thank You So Much!

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride.
SimbasGuard
Guardian of the Pride Lands

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride

Nickname(s): Anyone may shorten my name however they want.
Pride Points: 85

Postby Aelwen » January 19th, 2019, 11:43 pm

[quote]It is very possible that Disney could an entirely different route if they deiced to follow up The Remake in any way.[/quote]

I doubt they will make a sequel to it. And for now Kiara is more "canonical" than Kion. Disney could have removed her at all for TLG but they kept her and Kovu and Zira so they accept the sequel canon.

I will be terribly surprised if in the end of the movie they will announce smth like "After some time the Pridelands became full of life again, and it was now time to welcome a new cub in the Circle of Life - Simba's and Nala's son Chaka".

Kion is actually fitsthe origianl idea for Sp It was supposed to be two cubs - him and Kiara (Shani).
Aelwen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 1

Next

Return to The Lion King (2019)