Interesting Analysis on the Potential Effect of the Remake

Interesting Analysis on the Potential Effect of the Remake

Postby DGFone » January 12th, 2019, 6:14 am

A few days ago, this video showed up on my Youtube recommendations:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ZAxYxe9iZY

In summary, it went into the effects that the original movie had, and why it had such a large impact as it did, with the primary reasons being, that it did so many things first and set many new precedents that would get adopted my the movie industry and Disney itself later.

So when you add on top of that the remake, there is a strong potential for the remake, even if done really well, of being underwhelming when it will come out.

It brings to mind my family's reaction when I told them about the remake being made: Yet Another Great Movie Ruined by Modern Hollywood. Are they right to not be excited about the remake? Or are they jumping to conclusions?
DGFone
Got wings

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Watch me soar

Nickname(s): Planes, DGF, DG
Pride Points: 138

Re: Interesting Analysis on the Potential Effect of the Rema

Postby Elton John » January 15th, 2019, 12:06 am

Most remakes are pretty bad so your family isn’t wrong to think that.

However Jon Favreau is a quality director, the voice cast is rock solid (i’m willing to give beyonce a chance) and they got elton + tim rice + hans zimmer back on the music again.

I doubt this movie will be worse than the beauty and the beast remake.
Why do we fall? So that we can learn to pick ourselves back up again.
Elton John
I’m with you

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Till the end of the line!

Pride Points: 240

Postby SimbasGuard » January 15th, 2019, 2:30 am

I know The remake will not touch The Original, but that does not mean that it can not still be very good. If we are lucky, this could turn out to be Disney's best remake. That would not be too hard to do though.
My Avatar Was Made For Me By Thegeni99 Thank You So Much!

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride.
SimbasGuard
Guardian of the Pride Lands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride

Nickname(s): Anyone may shorten my name however they want.
Pride Points: 85

Postby gothprincesskiara » June 8th, 2019, 5:17 am

What really took me by surprise is that this remake was filmed in using all VR (virtual Reality) and how they were explaining how they did it, its still confusing me, and I’m very curious as to how we will be able to even experience this remake in VR when it comes out, I can only imagine.

I had bought some party decorations just to get a close look at the characters design and I’m not liking what I’m seeing. The merchandise character design does not look accurate according to the film characters, I cant tell who is who in this design but who ever is scar there is not Scar on Scar as in no scar on the eye, can someone PLEASE get me information on who is behind this design.

Disney has said in a magazine, when it comes to these animated films color is the key to expressing the emotion in these films that we all love, but when it comes to these live action remakes, you have to expect there isn’t going to be as much color for this realistic look, consider it like an adult version. And in Africa everything is going to be a natural raw color of nature, browns tans, golds, and yellows, that’s the colors of the natural Africa in real life, and if you learn to embrace the real spirit and color of Africa you will begin to see and understand why, and again I say this as someone who really studies a lot of nature in school. And to those who are being crybabies about these remakes, Disney noted that, and I quote “Disney allows fans of the originals to experience the familiar in an entirely new way.
Want to RP with me? Want to join my Pride on Facebook? Click the Facebook Icon.
https://www.facebook.com/queengothkiara ... fekingdom/

Check out the TLK/TLG Merchandise Page on Facebook, like and follow, and tell other fans about it.
https://www.facebook.com/The-Lion-King- ... 165042753/

James Camerons AVATAR FANS PLEASE like my Avatar page if you want to RP on the planet of Pandora, im trying get to more like to grow my page, please help me.
https://www.facebook.com/Amiryat-from-A ... 805499620/
gothprincesskiara
I live by the Circle of Life

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

We are all connected in the great Circle of Life

Nickname(s): Kiara
Pride Points: 93

Postby DGFone » June 8th, 2019, 3:30 pm

[quote="gothprincesskiara"]What really took me by surprise is that this remake was filmed in using all VR (virtual Reality) and how they were explaining how they did it, its still confusing me, and I’m very curious as to how we will be able to even experience this remake in VR when it comes out, I can only imagine.
[/quote]

From my understanding, they were using VR sets to move the (virtual) camera around in real time in order to make changes to things like camera angels, etc. Obviously, real time rendering doesn't look as good as what the final movie will look like, but they must have rendered enough to get a good idea what the final visuals will look like.

IMO, it's not that different than moving the virtual camera on a computer monitor via keyboard and mouse like a regular 3D real-time renderer - think playing a video game, or what map makers using the Unreal Engine might do when creating maps. But since VR is the Big New Thing (tm), it's not so news-worthy to say "yeah, we change camera angles by playing around using a real-time test render of the final movie" as it is to say "we are using VR to help make the movie better". Just more to pile on the hype train, I suppose.

Plus, since the movie has such a high budget, things like these get tacked on as a director's 'wish-list' - things they always want to try, but can't justify in a lower-priced movie. Needed to make the movie happen? No. Revolutionary? I doubt it, even in the long run. But fun to try and see what the tech does? Sure.
DGFone
Got wings

Watch me soar

Nickname(s): Planes, DGF, DG
Pride Points: 138

Return to The Lion King (2019)