It's official, there's gonna be a tlk remake.

Re: It's official, there's gonna be a tlk remake.

Postby Panpardus » January 12th, 2019, 12:44 am

I happened to catch an interview with Keegan-Michael Key on one of today's morning/midday talk shows (Good Day America or something like that) and they covered The Lion King a bit. Nothing huge or particularly meaty was revealed -- they didn't even mention his role in the movie -- but he said he was honored to be a part of the cast and he's loved The Lion King since it first came out. The most interesting thing he said was that when he first learned of the remake he wasn't sure how they could've improved on the story, but apparently he's since been blown away by the project on more than just a visual level. Granted, he's doing a low-key promotion (it was on ABC, which is Disney-owned of course) but I still like to think there's some real merit to what he's saying.

Edit -- Just found the interview in question: https://youtu.be/PTTbXv5tK5k?t=101
Panpardus

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 51

Postby Panpardus » January 24th, 2019, 5:13 pm

Now Billy Eichner is talking. Nothing really new, just confirmation that they're keeping the structure of "Can You Feel the Love Tonight" the same as the original film, with Timon and Pumbaa starting the song before segwaying into Donald Glover and Beyoncé's voiceover.

https://www.enca.com/life/beyonce-donal ... ing-remake
Panpardus

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Elton John » January 28th, 2019, 9:20 pm

i maed stupid joke....
Why do we fall? So that we can learn to pick ourselves back up again.
Elton John
I’m with you

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Till the end of the line!

Pride Points: 240

Postby Panpardus » January 29th, 2019, 10:58 pm

Apparently Disney has purchased multiple commercial slots for this weekend's Super Bowl game, and Lucasfilm and Warner Bros. have both decided to sit out the event, presumably out of fear of their projects getting overshadowed. The big online speculation of course is that there's going to be both some Captain Marvel and most notably Avengers: Endgame footage, but I'm also thinking we should be looking out for another Lion King trailer as well. (That said, it's probably more likely that they're releasing the full Aladdin trailer, complete with a blue Will Smith genie and all the other characters.)
Panpardus

Postby Farren » January 31st, 2019, 4:59 pm

Yeesh, I rarely post anymore but I happened on some interesting news this morning. Imagine8 has released a brochure featuring some of the merchandise they'll be releasing for The Lion King remake. The thing that caught my attention is that we actually get our first look at Scar here. I'll withhold my own thoughts for now (I'm pretty skeptical about 'live action'/cgi remakes in general) but figured you all might wanna see.

https://www.imagine8.com/lion-king/

:slippedout:
Farren

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Socks
Pride Points: 6

Postby LittleRolox3 » January 31st, 2019, 5:35 pm

[quote="Farren"]Yeesh, I rarely post anymore but I happened on some interesting news this morning. Imagine8 has released a brochure featuring some of the merchandise they'll be releasing for The Lion King remake. The thing that caught my attention is that we actually get our first look at Scar here. I'll withhold my own thoughts for now (I'm pretty skeptical about 'live action'/cgi remakes in general) but figured you all might wanna see.

:slippedout:[/quote]

i wouldnt say its 100% what he will look like. its the art style of the company that made him that way. im waiting to see an official photo/trailer with him in it without making any judgements ^^
LittleRolox3
Lion King Nut.

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Always remember your pride

Nickname(s): Nala
Pride Points: 19

Postby Elton John » January 31st, 2019, 7:44 pm

i’m so glad they didn’t make scar a white lion like how earlier rumors suggested. that would have been a bad idea for a multitude of reasons.
Elton John
I’m with you

Postby Panpardus » February 1st, 2019, 3:01 am

I would've liked to have seen a white lion if for nothing other than purely the visual effects, controversies be danged, but oh well. It's definitely a stylized piece but it's pretty clear that this is roughly what all of the character designs will be like, and I like that they've given some clear distinctions between cub Nala and Simba. As for Scar's design, it's acceptable at this point, but of course I still want to see the actual character model before declaring whether I really like it or not. There's something about trying to accurately translate his dark colors into a photorealistic quality that I still don't like the prospect of, so this'll have to win me over. His new scar pattern make me curious as to if they'll allude to how he actually got it; certainly looks more like the result of a paw strike than the cartoon iteration.

Side thought, perhaps this is the style of the graphic art novel that Dark Horse Comics is publishing.
Panpardus

Postby Elton John » February 1st, 2019, 5:17 am

i also noticed something. it might be because the promo material is really blurry zoomed in but one image of cub simba and nala makes it look like they are cuddling?

makes me wonder if they are adressing one of the major complaints about the original, that simba and nala fell in love too quickly?

also

https://www.newsweek.com/jd-mccrary-lio ... ce-1314089

just a brief article
Elton John
I’m with you

Postby Litteken » February 1st, 2019, 3:00 pm

[quote="Farren"]Yeesh, I rarely post anymore but I happened on some interesting news this morning. Imagine8 has released a brochure featuring some of the merchandise they'll be releasing for The Lion King remake. The thing that caught my attention is that we actually get our first look at Scar here. I'll withhold my own thoughts for now (I'm pretty skeptical about 'live action'/cgi remakes in general) but figured you all might wanna see.

:slippedout:[/quote]
I can't see anything on that link, it's under construction.
Litteken

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 0

PreviousNext

Return to The Lion King 2019