anything lion guard

Re: anything lion guard

Postby Kallo » December 27th, 2018, 12:26 am

Hey, everyone! Been a while since I've posted here. Hope everyone's doing well! :) I've been watching the episodes as they've been airing, despite the rough schedule. Have been finding the quality of the episodes a bit varying. I'm kinda past the point of expecting anything super crazy big from this series anymore, so I'm just casually enjoying the show as long as it lasts. Any news on the possibility of Season 3 being the last season as has been discussed for a while now?

I did find today (apparently this happened over 6 months ago, but the schedule for the show is even more erratic here, so I can't keep up) that the Finnish dub got our very own original voice actor for Scar back into the role, which is no small feat and has made me really happy. They're really putting a lot of effort into the dub over here, and I almost wanna watch it more in my language now, heh, which is rare. I'm so excited for Scar's VA to be back, since I've always found him the best voice for Scar and to me, it feels so much more like the "real Scar" now. I held out hope he'd return cause we got much of the original cast in the series, but he isn't as known for voice acting as on-screen acting, so I wasn't exactly expecting it. Here's a very short clip if anyone's interested in how he sounds: https://youtu.be/Zqybn13EQ3k. Unfortunately found out they couldn't get Zira's original VA back (who also voiced Sarabi in TLK1), but the new one who voices her here is also very good so no complaints from me.
Kallo

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 21

Postby JackStover » December 28th, 2018, 2:38 am

101 Dalmatian Street premiered internationally this month. I still find it absurd how 101 Dalmatians got the cartoon for older kids, but the cartoon based on The Lion King got trapped in the preschool webbing. 101 Dalmatian Street will go on to find a much broader audience, with much more acclaim, while the vast majority of people never gave The Lion Guard a chance because it is, at the end of the day, a preschool cartoon.

Demographics matter. Somebody is going to be less ashamed watching something made for older kids, like SpongeBob or Gumball, than they are of something that is on the same level as Dora the Explorer and Paw Patrol.

I feel like The Lion Guard was never truly preschool. The songs are the only things that are. Its writing is fairly consistent with TV-Y7 cartoons and season two has even had proper continuity. But The Lion Guard is and will always be a preschool cartoon and that hurt it so, so much.
JackStover

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 17

Postby Gemini » December 31st, 2018, 10:46 pm

[quote="Kallo"] I'm so excited for Scar's VA to be back, since I've always found him the best voice for Scar and to me, it feels so much more like the "real Scar"[/quote]

Never really posted in here since I've never watched The Lion Guard (aside from RotR in 2015) but as someone who as a young teenager used to listen to dubs of TLK songs in various languages I have to say I agree with this - the Finnish Scar VA always stood out to me as being distinctly better than many of the others.
Ask Me Stuff | FFnet | Video Q&A Session | About My Webcomic | Commission Me (dA)
"A lion may be stronger, but a wolf doesn't jump through hoops."
Pic (c) BlazingBlackMage
Gemini
The maverick

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Don't look back

Nickname(s): Twin, Janna
Telegram: @maverickmule
Pride Points: 107

Postby HasiraKali » January 7th, 2019, 4:07 am

[quote="HasiraKali"]I can never find TLG stuff at Party City because it's always sold out.

This was in my Mickey Monitor (Passholder Magazine) for this month. We're big Vampirina fans in this house, so we'll be going to this even though no one in our group is the target audience :lol:

IMG_1738.jpg
[/quote]

So we saw this show last week. It was super cute! The Lion Guard segment was at the end and Timon basically taught the kids a dance called the "Zuka Zama" which everyone then did as they danced to... Zuka Zama. It was pretty fun to be honest. It was fun to see the littles excited about TLG.

Also saw TONS of TLG shirts and lots of kids carrying around plush Kions.
We are so much more complicated than our names.
If you're not here to party, get out of the teacup.
Lea Halalela Lion King Forums
HasiraKali

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Disney Dreamin'...

Nickname(s): Manda
Pride Points: 24

Postby Panpardus » January 10th, 2019, 2:56 am

So apparently the last four episodes of the season -- "Pride Landers Unite!", "The Queen's Visit", "The Fall of Mizimu Grove" and "Fire from the Sky" -- have already aired in Ukraine, and some clips exist on YouTube if you feel like looking around for them, including part of the song from "The Fall of Mizimu Grove", which sounds really beautiful and I'm genuinely looking forward to hearing the whole thing. (They're using the Ukranian dub of course.) Also, episode synopses and loose descriptions exist on the Lion Guard Wiki for anyone who wants to check it out. I won't discuss anything further just to avoid spoilers.
Panpardus

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 51

Postby Ninclow » January 12th, 2019, 3:37 pm

Why do episodes of an American show get released with a dub more than eleven days early in Ukraine of all places?
Ninclow

Pride Points: 2

Postby SimbasGuard » January 15th, 2019, 1:40 am

[quote="Kallo"]that the Finnish dub got our very own original voice actor for Scar back into the role, which is no small feat and has made me really happy. They're really putting a lot of effort into the dub over here, and I almost wanna watch it more in my language now, heh, which is rare. I'm so excited for Scar's VA to be back, since I've always found him the best voice for Scar and to me, it feels so much more like the "real Scar" now.[/quote]

That is just too awesome 8-) :thumbsup:

[quote="JackStover"]101 Dalmatian Street premiered internationally this month. I still find it absurd how 101 Dalmatians got the cartoon for older kids, but the cartoon based on The Lion King got trapped in the preschool webbing. 101 Dalmatian Street will go on to find a much broader audience, with much more acclaim, while the vast majority of people never gave The Lion Guard a chance because it is, at the end of the day, a preschool cartoon.

Demographics matter. Somebody is going to be less ashamed watching something made for older kids, like SpongeBob or Gumball, than they are of something that is on the same level as Dora the Explorer and Paw Patrol.

I feel like The Lion Guard was never truly preschool. The songs are the only things that are. Its writing is fairly consistent with TV-Y7 cartoons and season two has even had proper continuity. But The Lion Guard is and will always be a preschool cartoon and that hurt it so, so much.[/quote]

I agree with everything you said. I adore The Lion Guard and it does not feel like a Preschool show to me either. Tying it into Lion King Canon was brilliant, but targeting a preschool audince was a huge mistake. The show had a much broader appeal just by the virtue of being connected to The Lion King Franchise.

[quote="Ninclow"]Why do episodes of an American show get released with a dub more than eleven days early in Ukraine of all places?[/quote]

That makes no sense to me at all :? I could make a political reference here, but I won't ;) :lol:

On the upside Season 2 has one more episode that we thought we were getting :thumbsup:
Last edited by SimbasGuard on February 23rd, 2020, 11:18 pm, edited 3 times in total.
My Avatar Was Made For Me By Thegeni99 Thank You So Much!

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride.
SimbasGuard
Guardian of the Pride Lands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride

Nickname(s): Anyone may shorten my name however they want.
Pride Points: 85

Postby zerodix » January 28th, 2019, 2:04 pm

after Pride Landers Unite, we have 3 episodes left for season 2: the queens visit, the fall of Muzimu grove and Fire from the Sky, that will be the final episode of season 2. All have aired in Ukraine but the release dates for the rest of the world are still unknown, except 18th february for TQV.
missing the old deviantart...
zerodix
The Lion King remake

july 19th 2019

Pride Points: 19

Postby Elton John » April 9th, 2019, 3:43 pm

new blind bags are coming, I think Zira is a part of it.
Why do we fall? So that we can learn to pick ourselves back up again.
Elton John
I’m with you

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Till the end of the line!

Pride Points: 240

Postby JackStover » August 3rd, 2019, 9:32 am

DELETE'D
JackStover

Pride Points: 17

PreviousNext

Return to The Lion Guard