Ham jambo!

Re: Ham jambo!

Postby Vidan » October 20th, 2018, 9:44 pm

Now what did I stumble into here? :-o

In all seriousness, as long as the internet exists there will always be ways we can stay in touch, whether it be another forum, messengers, or some other social media. Whatever happens, I'm glad you all had the opportunity to connect through this forum.

[quote="FlipMode"]The community here is still very much alive, a bunch of us all play videogames and chat and laugh together but when it actually comes to posting meaningful content on here, I dunno, its just a relic of the past really.[/quote]

It's the same for LH. We talk frequently on Telegram, Discord, Facebook, other places -- but there's just not a ton to say about the Lion King these days that hasn't already been said. Hopefully the new movie next year will invigorate the fandom -- and hopefully the forums -- a bit.
Vidan

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Telegram: vidantiger
Pride Points: 2

Postby SimbasMate » October 21st, 2018, 4:08 pm

[quote="Elton John"]i thought it was a bunch of bad blood that built up and bottled up over the years and finally went loose that destroyed mlk.

whoda thunk that a disney site for a franchise based on african animals who sing showtunes by elton john could create such a thing.

you know

the real elton john

(not me)[/quote]

Unfortunately, every fan base has those few idiots who feed off of drama and then destroy everything in their path. This my lad, is why we can't have nice things.
[quote="Amanda"]And just like that she vanished, like a fart in the wind.
[/quote]
sig by Regulus
SimbasMate
Queen of Hell

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

BB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/mes

Nickname(s): SM/Crystal
Telegram: @CatOverlord
Pride Points: 161

Postby Moka » December 2nd, 2018, 2:44 am

Welcome Vidan! :excited:

I'm grateful you were able to save Lea. There's a long history there. Longer than MLK's been around. I remember visiting (lurking, really) before starting MLK. So thank you for saving a piece of TLK fandom history. :bow:

But yeah, with the rise of Social Media, forums just don't really see as much activity. They look/feel old, as people have mentioned. I've experimented with more modern forum software, but I'd just hate to risk people not liking it.

MLK isn't going anywhere, though. The community is in good hands and the site doesn't need much maintenance. We have a remake that should bring new members or at the very least reinvigorate some discussion. I'm hopeful.
Moka
:D

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 138

Postby WildSimba » December 5th, 2018, 4:05 am

[quote="Moka"]I've experimented with more modern forum software, but I'd just hate to risk people not liking it.[/quote]

Yeah, it sure would be a shame if the 3 people that still browse this forum don't like the update.
"There are you, you drive like a demon from station to station," - David Bowie
WildSimba
Fan the Flames

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Ain't it Funny how it happens

Nickname(s): WS, David
Telegram: Ask me through PM
Pride Points: 122

Postby Panda-chan » December 5th, 2018, 4:20 am

[quote="WildSimba"][quote="Moka"]I've experimented with more modern forum software, but I'd just hate to risk people not liking it.[/quote]

Yeah, it sure would be a shame if the 3 people that still browse this forum don't like the update.[/quote]
Savage
D̵̢̨̧̛͔̖͍̝̤̫̼̝̬̤̪̟͇͙̊̏̎͛̇̏͊͌̃̂̈́͂̒̄̅̚̚͘͝R̸̥̙͂̀̾̑̊̀̉́̀́̐̄̊̿̈́̄͑̐̕͝I̴̗̯̼̳͉͕̺̤̖̝̪̫̊͛͝͠Ǹ̵̨̧͈̮̦̖̝͈̥̗͕̭͉̺̲͕̥͔͎̹͖͙͇̲̘̩̞͓̦̦̯̮̙̜̼̝͈̣̺̰̺̟̙̫̫ͅK̶̢̢̡̧̢̛̻͎̘͉̦͚̳̗̱̗̮̫̲͎̟͚͖̠̣̺͎̠̤͈̩̞͈͚̣̳̟̣̓͊͊̍̀̇͆́͐̔̔̅̿̅̋̈̈́̔̈̒̌̆̃̇͗̂̐̽́͊̋͗̚̕͘͜͜͠͝͝ ̴̧̧̢̧̧̢̛̦̗̦̭͔̝͎̘͍͚͈̰̦̲͍̥͚̱͓̦̙̞̱̜̹̍̉́̿̃͆̆̾̀̍̊͛̈́̽̈́̀̋̒̾͗͗͂̾̊̇̃̈́̋́̓̄̂̐͊͂̏̿̅͂̚͘̚͜͠͝͠ͅͅͅͅW̵̢̧̨̥͇̳̩͍̪̓̉͊̓̏͜͠Ã̵̧̨͍͚̭̱̦̯̣͓̱̫͑͋̋̾̎͑̽̔̒͆̉͒͑͆̎͑̑̒͋̑̀̒̿͑̄͋̒͆̑͆̔̈̈́͂͆̾̾̌̃̏̊̓͘͜͝͠͠T̸̨̧̛̮̙̰͇̹̭̥̙̝̱̼̥͖̟̃̔̑̒̓̈́͂̈́̂̓̂̎̋͊̌͋̂͂̃̂͝͠͠͝ͅĘ̴̧̡̢̧̡̠͉͉͕̤̳̘̖̙̭͙͕̻͍̖̗͙̯͈͔͋̄̾̄͛͌͌͒͛̇̎͋̉̈́̆̈́̍̎̆̒͑̒̅̋̊̄̈̿͒̈̋̾̊́̔̚͝͠͝͠ͅŖ̸̠̫͓̞͈̫̉̂
Panda-chan

STAY HYDRATED, FOLKS

Nickname(s): Weeb trash
Telegram: 6834232905344686445634231897968563522324236894284563523722616678
Pride Points: 108

Postby Regulus » December 5th, 2018, 11:42 pm

[quote="WildSimba"][quote="Moka"]I've experimented with more modern forum software, but I'd just hate to risk people not liking it.[/quote]

Yeah, it sure would be a shame if the 3 people that still browse this forum don't like the update.[/quote]

WS and Amanda probably wouldn't like it, but who's the third?
Regulus
Is differentiable...

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

But convergence is not guaranteed.

Nickname(s): Reg, Regs, Last Person to Post
Pride Points: 206

Postby Azdgari » December 5th, 2018, 11:44 pm

[quote="Regulus"][quote="WildSimba"][quote="Moka"]I've experimented with more modern forum software, but I'd just hate to risk people not liking it.[/quote]

WS and Amanda probably wouldn't like it, but who's the third?[/quote]
Savage
Guess the Member with Kitva Hyperlink: show
"Hates me
Nothing but facts
Male"

"...Woeler?"

"ya"
Azdgari
big, wide turns

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 114

Postby FlipMode » December 6th, 2018, 10:50 am

[quote="Regulus"][quote="WildSimba"][quote="Moka"]I've experimented with more modern forum software, but I'd just hate to risk people not liking it.[/quote]

FlipMode

Pride Points: 266

Postby MalibuTrashDog » December 6th, 2018, 11:02 am

me betch
MalibuTrashDog
Daddy Atsume

The trash that collects you.

Nickname(s): Malibu, Sam
Pride Points: 100

Postby SimbasGuard » December 18th, 2018, 3:55 am

Hello Vidan. Enjoy being part of The Pride.
My Avatar Was Made For Me By Thegeni99 Thank You So Much!

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride.
SimbasGuard
Guardian of the Pride Lands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride

Nickname(s): Anyone may shorten my name however they want.
Pride Points: 85

Previous

Return to Introductions