Did Sarabi die between TLK and SP?

Re: Did Sarabi die between TLK and SP?

Postby TheLionPrince » December 10th, 2018, 7:35 pm

[quote="FriendlyHyena"]I still can't see her being alive by the end of Simba's Pride. Though that also leaves open another question: what if Mufasa hadn't died in The Lion King?

Do the monarchs stay in office until their deaths, or do they abdicate ahead of time to their heir? If Mufasa hadn't died, would he have still been King during Lion King 2, or would have had stepped down, perhaps being quite old anyway, and let Simba rule?

That question also would bear in mind for a possible sequel, to see if Simba might abdicate to Kovu while he was still alive.[/quote]

Simba did tell Scar to step down as king so yes, a monarch can abdicate the throne before their death. I don't think Mufasa would have held onto the throne at old age until he can fully trust Simba to handle the responsibilities as king. Technically, Kiara is Simba's heir so Simba can abdicate the throne to her and I think he would if he felt he was too old to protect the Pride Lands.
TheLionPrince
Crown Prince of the Pridelands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Chris, TLP
Pride Points: 152

Re: Did Sarabi die between TLK and SP?

Postby R+A511 » March 29th, 2019, 2:05 pm

I read that because of her voice actor dying the produicers decided to not put sarabi in the movie Simba's pride as a memorial and out of respect. She was actually suppoed to be in the movie though.
R+A511

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 0

Previous

Return to The Lion King II: Simba's Pride