Trailer has been dropped!

Re: Trailer has been dropped!

Postby Simba_Lion » November 23rd, 2018, 9:14 pm

[quote="gothprincesskiara"]there is only one problem/question, one of my friends told me that. character identity wise the Young Simba looks like any young lion, how would we differentiate from the rest like telling the difference between Simba and Nala though they have not shown her yet. One thing I know from my knowledge is animals can be identified by specific markings, whisker dots, marking on the fur, things like that, now I wonder if they kept this in mind or not, my fear is they didn't but how couldn't they have if they got the fur just so perfect, that I am very impressed with.[/quote]
In my opinion we will be able to differentiate them, just look at this picture here: Simba and Sarabi's fur are different so probably they all will have similar colors to the original yet close to real.
Attachments
newbornsimba.png
Simba_Lion

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Simba
Pride Points: 4

Postby DGFone » November 24th, 2018, 12:40 am

The trailer itself didn't show any new scenes that weren't in the original movie - so for all we know, it might as well end up being a shot-for-shot remake.

As for me personally, I didn't see anything to be worried about, but at the same time, nothing to be excited over.
DGFone
Got wings

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Watch me soar

Nickname(s): Planes, DGF, DG
Pride Points: 138

Postby Captain Cupcake » November 24th, 2018, 3:10 am

While the lighting may be playing tricks, it seems Simba's mane at the end there has more of an Earth-y tone rather than the crimson color of the animated version. I imagine Mufasa's will looking similar. One wonders how Scar will look if a mere red mane (which honestly isn't that far removed from reality, given the orange/reddish tones we see on some lions) is too outlandish for this take.
Captain Cupcake
Hnnng...

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

HNNNGGGG!!!

Nickname(s): Master
Pride Points: 11

Postby TheLionPrince » November 24th, 2018, 5:53 am

[quote="Aelwen"][quote="TheLionPrince"]I also noticed the animators gave baby Simba blue-grey eyes, which is biologically accurate for newborn lion cubs. They turn orange as they get older as we see in cub Simba on the teaser poster.[/quote]

And still he wasn't already a newborn, his eyes are open. So around 7-10 days old.[/quote]

Newborn in terms of children is at least their first month so using the term, newborn, is appropriate here. Lion cubs are born blind, and when they open their eyes within the span of a week, they are initially blue-grey before turning into a gold-like color as they get older.
TheLionPrince
Crown Prince of the Pridelands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Chris, TLP
Pride Points: 152

Postby Azdgari » November 24th, 2018, 2:48 pm

I think this is newsworthy enough to be on the front page.

:playful:

As others have said, the CGI looks pretty breathtaking. Definitely a little bit weird to see these characters as basically live-action, but I'm sure I'll get used to it. As others have mentioned, differentiation between key characters will probably be a minor challenge--I'm interested in seeing how they get around it.

Man, that cast, though.
Guess the Member with Kitva Hyperlink: show
"Hates me
Nothing but facts
Male"

"...Woeler?"

"ya"
Azdgari
big, wide turns

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 114

Postby Panpardus » November 24th, 2018, 7:31 pm

[quote="DGFone"]The trailer itself didn't show any new scenes that weren't in the original movie - so for all we know, it might as well end up being a shot-for-shot remake.

As for me personally, I didn't see anything to be worried about, but at the same time, nothing to be excited over.[/quote]

My hope is that they're using this first look as a pure nostalgia trip to get people aware and interested before showing off the changes and new stuff they've made in later promotional material.
Panpardus

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 51

Postby TheLionPrince » November 24th, 2018, 9:38 pm

[quote="Panpardus"][quote="DGFone"]The trailer itself didn't show any new scenes that weren't in the original movie - so for all we know, it might as well end up being a shot-for-shot remake.

As for me personally, I didn't see anything to be worried about, but at the same time, nothing to be excited over.[/quote]

My hope is that they're using this first look as a pure nostalgia trip to get people aware and interested before showing off the changes and new stuff they've made in later promotional material.[/quote]

Exactly. Nostalgia is a key marketing tool to lure the widest range of an audience possible to your product. There will be differences, but you don't want to expose too much as it's still too soon.
TheLionPrince
Crown Prince of the Pridelands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Chris, TLP
Pride Points: 152

Postby gothprincesskiara » November 25th, 2018, 3:04 am

OVER 200 MILLION VIEWS!
Want to RP with me? Want to join my Pride on Facebook? Click the Facebook Icon.
https://www.facebook.com/queengothkiara ... fekingdom/

Check out the TLK/TLG Merchandise Page on Facebook, like and follow, and tell other fans about it.
https://www.facebook.com/The-Lion-King- ... 165042753/

James Camerons AVATAR FANS PLEASE like my Avatar page if you want to RP on the planet of Pandora, im trying get to more like to grow my page, please help me.
https://www.facebook.com/Amiryat-from-A ... 805499620/
gothprincesskiara
I live by the Circle of Life

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

We are all connected in the great Circle of Life

Nickname(s): Kiara
Pride Points: 93

Postby Elton John » November 25th, 2018, 3:20 am

in 24 hours.

who knows what the number is now.

i’m already seeing the memes on my fb timeline.

People here have been rather civil with their comments on the remake but I have seen plenty of idiotic bs elsewhere that i go to.
Why do we fall? So that we can learn to pick ourselves back up again.
Elton John
I’m with you

Till the end of the line!

Pride Points: 240

Postby Gaze » November 25th, 2018, 6:57 am

I hate to be the negative one but damn I’m really not feelin this /~: I hate how drab and dull the colors are. the CoL scene is supposed to be beautiful, joyous, and awe-inspiring but this version looks more sad and eerie to me. I just don’t really see the appeal of hyperrealism at the expense of all the original’s life and color. I do think Rafiki looks pretty neat but baby Simba looks off to me, and not feelin adult Simba as just a regular ole normal realistic looking lion (but we did only get a small glimpse of him, so I don’t wanna judge too soon, and maybe it’ll feel different when we actually get to see him speaking & emoting).

that said I knew from the start I probably wouldn’t be into the visuals of this movie.... I’m just looking forward to the voice cast (namely Eric Andre) and the possibility of the lore/story being expanded upon in some interesting way. so I’ll try to keep being optimistic about that and not get too hung up on the visual side of things..... just a lil hard to hold back the disappointment rn
Gaze
TLK collector

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

and bad poster

Pride Points: 26

PreviousNext

Return to News & Announcements