What if Simba HAD told Timon and Pumba about his past?

What if Simba HAD told Timon and Pumba about his past?

Postby FriendlyHyena » May 15th, 2018, 7:20 pm

The most likely scene would be when they were talking about the Great Kings of the past. What if Simba had actually confided in them at that point that he was the son of King Mufasa and had accidentally caused a stampede that resulted in Mufasa's death?
FriendlyHyena

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 2

Re: What if Simba HAD told Timon and Pumba about his past?

Postby Simba_Lion » August 28th, 2018, 8:09 pm

I don't think Timon and Pumbaa would leave Simba for that. I guess they would try to convince him about that it was not his fault.
Simba_Lion

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Simba
Pride Points: 4

Postby TheLionPrince » August 30th, 2018, 10:33 pm

I think Timon and Pumbaa would have tried to cheer him up and tell him to use "Hakuna Matata" to forget his troubles.
TheLionPrince
Crown Prince of the Pridelands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Chris, TLP
Pride Points: 152

Postby DGFone » September 1st, 2018, 3:31 am

This is the kind of situation that Timon would force a 'don't tell us about your problems' sort of deal while invoking Hakuna Matata. Remember the part where his reaction was "Good, we don't wanna hear hear about it!" from the movie?

I suspect that a large part of Hakuna Matata, with it being "no worries" and all, is that you have to avoid all unpleasantness as much as you can, even if you have to force yourself to keep running from it if it's the last thing you can do. Why do you think Simba was so unprepared to handle the past coming up when Nala and Rafiki found him?

I can see Pumbaa being willing, but unable to offer any good and genuine advice to Simba, while Timon would win every single time with 'instead of talking about your past, how about some shinies to distract you with!"
DGFone
Got wings

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Watch me soar

Nickname(s): Planes, DGF, DG
Pride Points: 138

Postby Simba_Lion » September 3rd, 2018, 1:48 pm

[quote="DGFone"]Why do you think Simba was so unprepared to handle the past coming up when Nala and Rafiki found him?[/quote]

Good point, although I think forgetting his past was a process. I can imagine Simba as cub crying all night at first, but soon the new environment, his new family (Timon and Pumbaa) help him to fade his memories. Insomuch as he can't even remember that the story about the Great Kings came from his father! (The scene when they are stargazing).

Hm, this is a good headcanon ^^ for me XD
Simba_Lion

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby epxriri » September 19th, 2018, 12:11 pm

I think they would stay with him anyway and try to make him happy :)
epxriri

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 0

Postby SimbasGuard » November 7th, 2018, 10:42 pm

[quote="Simba_Lion"]Good point, although I think forgetting his past was a process. I can imagine Simba as cub crying all night at first, but soon the new environment, his new family (Timon and Pumbaa) help him to fade his memories. Insomuch as he can't even remember that the story about the Great Kings came from his father! (The scene when they are stargazing).

Hm, this is a good headcanon ^^ for me XD[/quote]

Simba crying himself to sleep at night at first is very plausable. (Him telling Timon about having a bad dream in Lion King 1 1/2 is proof of his troubles early on). However i am sure Simba never forgot that his Father told him about The Great Kings, becaus after Timon and Pumbaa laugh at the idea of The Great Kings. Simba goes off by himself he was clearly hurt.
My Avatar Was Made For Me By Thegeni99 Thank You So Much!

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride.
SimbasGuard
Guardian of the Pride Lands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride

Nickname(s): Anyone may shorten my name however they want.
Pride Points: 85

Postby rachel » February 8th, 2019, 6:50 pm

Timone would have cut Simba off and not want to hear about it
MAGA
rachel
MAGA

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Proud to say that Jesus is my Lord and Saivor

Nickname(s): Rachel, Lamb, Lamb the cat
Telegram: Don't have telegram
Pride Points: 1

Postby Simba_Lion » February 19th, 2019, 5:23 pm

[quote="SimbasGuard"] However i am sure Simba never forgot that his Father told him about The Great Kings, becaus after Timon and Pumbaa laugh at the idea of The Great Kings. Simba goes off by himself he was clearly hurt.[/quote]
Yes, after he realizes that the wisdom came from his father. But before realizing he couldn't remember that, he said "Well, somebody once told me..." and he was laughing as well. Then the memory suddenly came back.
Simba_Lion

Postby Heleigh » March 29th, 2019, 9:32 pm

I think that they probably would have been shocked (as seen in the movie), but since they are what they are, probably wouldn't have worried about it that much. When Nala found the trio, they were dumbfounded by the reveal at first but it was soon forgotten. Of course, TLK 3 shows more of Timon and Pumbaa's backstory and it's clear that Timon is more hesitant to help Simba to take back the throne than Pumbaa, but eventually does so. So I guess they would have stood by his side, no matter when he had told them. But that's just my guess :)
Heleigh
In your reflection

Pride Points: 1

Next

Return to The Lion King