"That's all I need"

How much promotional material could view before you feel like you've spoiled the movie?

I don't want to see anything before the movie!
No votes
I just need a poster and I'm in!
No votes
I need at least a teaser trailer.
14%
Give me that "Circle of Life" sequence!
14%
I'm watching all the trailers and staying away from TV commercials.
No votes
Only behind-the-scenes stuff (interviews, backstage footage, etc.)
No votes
Just the soundtrack.
No votes
I'm watching every trailer, reading every interview, and listening to all the songs!
71%

Total votes : 7

"That's all I need"

Postby Panpardus » October 11th, 2018, 11:50 pm

So if you watch movies much if at all (and view their trailers) you tend to end up knowing a fair deal about the film months before you actually sit down to see the final project, especially in this digital age where every trailer gets months worth of YouTube breakdowns. So I was wondering if anybody is going to try to view as little as possible before The Lion King remake; depending on their marketing campaign, how much do you think you could watch before you end up feeling like you've spoiled yourself?

I very well might try to view as little as possible, maybe just the poster and/or teaser trailer and reading some behind-the-scenes stuff.
Last edited by Panpardus on October 12th, 2018, 3:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Panpardus

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 51

Re: "That's all I need"

Postby Elton John » October 12th, 2018, 12:14 am

i’m consuming as much as I can pre movie.

It’s not like they are going to pull a petes dragon and deviate too much from the source material so am I really spoiling myself?

besides, its all about context which trailers and interviews rarely provide.
Why do we fall? So that we can learn to pick ourselves back up again.
Elton John
I’m with you

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Till the end of the line!

Pride Points: 240

Postby TLK_Kid » October 12th, 2018, 5:44 am

The title scared me at first; I thought maybe they were putting that song in the movie for some stupid reason. xD

I voted for the teaser trailer. If they do put out the Circle of Life scene before the movie's release, I'm going to try to restrain from watching it, but to be honest, that restraint will probably only last for a few hours before I break into hysterics. Ultimately I'll probably view everything they throw at me.
TLK_Kid
When in doubt...

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

ASANTE SANA SQUASH BANANA

Nickname(s): Just call me Kid xD
Pride Points: 4

Postby TheLionPrince » October 12th, 2018, 7:14 pm

A die-hard Lion King fan such as myself can't help but consume every piece of promotional material that I can find. I want to read and see how the animation and the rendering of the characters were done if it's said to surpass the technical achievements of The Jungle Book. I want to see the B-roll footage of the actors in studio recording their lines. Only I can tell myself when enough is enough.

[quote="TLK_Kid"]The title scared me at first; I thought maybe they were putting that song in the movie for some stupid reason. xD[/quote]

LOL, I thought the same thing.
TheLionPrince
Crown Prince of the Pridelands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Chris, TLP
Pride Points: 152

Return to The Lion King (2019)