Lion King Birth date Issue

Lion King Birth date Issue

Postby gothprincesskiara » October 10th, 2018, 6:44 am

Social media wise, this has bugged and angered me for the longest time from other fans, but those who announced the reminder that TLK was released during this month, or that month. Different months? like really?, I think its embarrassing, even if it was re-released in 2004 or 2011, I dont think it counts, but thats my opinion, maybe to those who may not have been born yet in 94, but the TRUE Birth date of TLK was JUNE 24TH 1994!!! or but wait, before, thought it was really 15th, then I looked up again, and sure enough it was June 24th, NOT when they started production, NOT in 2004, NOT 2011, AND NOT this month of October!, like what is up with people announcing the wrong birth dates of movies???
Want to RP with me? Want to join my Pride on Facebook? Click the Facebook Icon.
https://www.facebook.com/queengothkiara ... fekingdom/

Check out the TLK/TLG Merchandise Page on Facebook, like and follow, and tell other fans about it.
https://www.facebook.com/The-Lion-King- ... 165042753/

James Camerons AVATAR FANS PLEASE like my Avatar page if you want to RP on the planet of Pandora, im trying get to more like to grow my page, please help me.
https://www.facebook.com/Amiryat-from-A ... 805499620/
gothprincesskiara
I live by the Circle of Life

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

We are all connected in the great Circle of Life

Nickname(s): Kiara
Pride Points: 93

Re: Lion King Birth date Issue

Postby Elton John » October 10th, 2018, 6:59 am

i think you might be talking about the original uk release which was on this month in 1994.

The original release in America was june 15th, but it was a very limited release in New York City and Los Angeles only. The wide release was June 24th, where the released it across America.
Why do we fall? So that we can learn to pick ourselves back up again.
Elton John
I’m with you

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Till the end of the line!

Pride Points: 240

Postby FlipMode » October 10th, 2018, 7:02 am

Birth date?! That's not how movies are made.
FlipMode

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 266

Postby DGFone » October 10th, 2018, 5:44 pm

Movie birthdays? I think you can consider the day the idea for the movie is first formed as a birthday. Or maybe conception day. But what would make a good birthday then? :confused:

Perhaps the creation of the firs draft of the first script? Then the rest of the movie development can be regarded as the "growing up" stage of development. Or something like that.

Speaking of which, while Disney might know when the first draft for The Lion King, or King of the Jungle as it was originally called if I remember correctly, was written, I doubt anyone actually remembers the day when someone decided "hey, let's make a Bambi in Africa!"
DGFone
Got wings

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Watch me soar

Nickname(s): Planes, DGF, DG
Pride Points: 138

Postby WildSimba » October 10th, 2018, 6:05 pm

So is a cancelled film project an abortion?
"There are you, you drive like a demon from station to station," - David Bowie
WildSimba
Fan the Flames

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Ain't it Funny how it happens

Nickname(s): WS, David
Telegram: Ask me through PM
Pride Points: 122

Postby gothprincesskiara » October 10th, 2018, 8:28 pm

ugh, ok you dont like Birthday I just think of it as when Simba was born as a film, what ever you want to call it, you know what I mean, thats not my point my point is, how do we really know what the world wide theater release date of TLK is?
Want to RP with me? Want to join my Pride on Facebook? Click the Facebook Icon.
https://www.facebook.com/queengothkiara ... fekingdom/

Check out the TLK/TLG Merchandise Page on Facebook, like and follow, and tell other fans about it.
https://www.facebook.com/The-Lion-King- ... 165042753/

James Camerons AVATAR FANS PLEASE like my Avatar page if you want to RP on the planet of Pandora, im trying get to more like to grow my page, please help me.
https://www.facebook.com/Amiryat-from-A ... 805499620/
gothprincesskiara
I live by the Circle of Life

We are all connected in the great Circle of Life

Nickname(s): Kiara
Pride Points: 93

Postby TheLionPrince » October 10th, 2018, 9:10 pm

[quote="gothprincesskiara"]ugh, ok you dont like Birthday I just think of it as when Simba was born as a film, what ever you want to call it, you know what I mean, thats not my point my point is, how do we really know what the world wide theater release date of TLK is?[/quote]

A movie isn't released all over the world on the same day especially for animated movies which need to be translated and dubbed by foreign actors in the respective language(s) of the country, which can take months. It premiered in Los Angeles on June 15, and then was released across the United States on June 24. I personally consider June 24 to be the official release date of The Lion King. You can see a list of the release dates on IMDb.
TheLionPrince
Crown Prince of the Pridelands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Chris, TLP
Pride Points: 152

Postby SimbasGuard » November 7th, 2018, 7:40 pm

[quote="TheLionPrince"]I personally consider June 24 to be the official release date of The Lion King.[/quote]

I agree that is the date of the film's original wide release, so that is the day I celibrate.
My Avatar Was Made For Me By Thegeni99 Thank You So Much!

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride.
SimbasGuard
Guardian of the Pride Lands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride

Nickname(s): Anyone may shorten my name however they want.
Pride Points: 85

Return to The Lion King