MLK Writing Contest #44!

MLK Writing Contest #44!

Postby DGFone » August 25th, 2018, 4:02 am

It's time to get the keyboard keys working again: Fresh new writing contest coming write pun intended up! I decided to remove the word limit, as the stories that were over 4000 words longer ended up being popular. So while there is still a word limit, there is not cap. With that out of the way, here are the prompts for this next round:

Kopa returns
What if Timon and Pumbaa were better 'parents'
Kion's guard as they grow up
If Nuka met Kiara in the Outlands

The deadline for this contest will be: 10pm, MST Sunday, September 9th, 2018.

Standard rules apply, as before: The stories need to be more than 1000 words long. The other rules are the same: keep the stories PG-13, no plagiarizing off others, don't submit something you already wrote previously for something else, and don't post a story you wrote for the contest elsewhere, such as FF.net or AoA, until after the contest is over. Once the submission deadline hits, it's free game for where the story can go.

Good luck authors! Let's keep the momentum going!
DGFone
Got wings

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Watch me soar

Nickname(s): Planes, DGF, DG
Pride Points: 138

Re: MLK Writing Contest #44!

Postby zerodix » August 25th, 2018, 8:45 am

how do i submit? do i send you a pm or post a story in this thread?
missing the old deviantart...
zerodix
The Lion King remake

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

july 19th 2019

Pride Points: 19

Postby DGFone » August 25th, 2018, 2:34 pm

Send the story to me in a PM. Either directly embed it into the PM< or simply attach a word document. I will take care of the rest when it will be time to post the voting round.
DGFone
Got wings

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Watch me soar

Postby zerodix » August 26th, 2018, 12:41 am

thanks, i will pm you tomorrow but i work from my phone, so i cannot add a word doc but just type the story

edit: i send it to you in a PM :D
zerodix
The Lion King remake

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

july 19th 2019

Postby zerodix » September 14th, 2018, 8:46 am

i was the only one entering wasn't i?
zerodix
The Lion King remake

july 19th 2019

Postby DGFone » September 14th, 2018, 2:28 pm

I will also submit a story, but yes, you are the only other submitter for this round. It happens.
DGFone
Got wings

Watch me soar

Postby Regulus » September 14th, 2018, 5:51 pm

I didn't have any ideas for this one.
Regulus
Is differentiable...

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

But convergence is not guaranteed.

Nickname(s): Reg, Regs, Last Person to Post
Pride Points: 206

Postby Azdgari » September 14th, 2018, 7:05 pm

I’ll work on one this weekend. I might break the rules on length. fight me DG
Guess the Member with Kitva Hyperlink: show
"Hates me
Nothing but facts
Male"

"...Woeler?"

"ya"
Azdgari
big, wide turns

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 114

Postby DGFone » September 14th, 2018, 10:40 pm

As in too short? Well, consider it a trial run for no length regulations for the contest then. Just be sure to get the story in to me by the end of Sunday!
DGFone
Got wings

Watch me soar

Postby Gemini » September 14th, 2018, 11:06 pm

Just an idea, but could we maybe also (starting with contest 45 perhaps) get rid of the prompts altogether? I mean, I guess they sort of help to give people something to think about and flesh out but at the same time there's only so many ideas for prompts that haven't been tried after the 7 or 8 years of this contest and maybe it'd just be better if we allowed potential new entrants to write what they feel like writing.

Just a thought though, feel free to shoot it down but I've been following this contest on and off since mid-2012 and I'm kind of amazed people can think of anything new at this point without it feeling repetitive (aside from TLG-related stuff which would only be familiar to the specific group of people who watch it - I for one don't so that kind of rules out my writing for any of those prompts ever, lol).
Ask Me Stuff | FFnet | Video Q&A Session | About My Webcomic | Commission Me (dA)
"A lion may be stronger, but a wolf doesn't jump through hoops."
Pic (c) BlazingBlackMage
Gemini
The maverick

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Don't look back

Nickname(s): Twin, Janna
Telegram: @maverickmule
Pride Points: 107

Next

Return to MLK Writing Contest