It's official, there's gonna be a tlk remake.

Re: It's official, there's gonna be a tlk remake.

Postby Panpardus » April 25th, 2018, 2:18 pm

We'll get it in due time. :)

For what it's worth, it's apparently just the "Circle of Life" sequence again, so nothing new there. I wonder how long they'd been working on it before they started showing it off last summer, because apparently it looked amazing then.
Panpardus

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 51

Postby Elton John » April 25th, 2018, 2:27 pm

By now I have lost my patience when it comes to seeing that footage.

It might be nothing new to convention goers but to average joes like me it’s what I desire most.

It’s my precious. And Disney is being a bunch of filthy hobbitses when it comes to my precious.
Why do we fall? So that we can learn to pick ourselves back up again.
Elton John
I’m with you

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Till the end of the line!

Pride Points: 240

Postby TLK_Kid » April 26th, 2018, 8:07 pm

[quote="Panpardus"][quote="Elton John"]footage was shown again at cinemacon

here’s hoping it goes public this time![/quote]

When was Cinemacon? I kinda don't want to see any footage until the movie comes out (or at least not until a proper trailer is released) but at the same time...[/quote]
I feel the same way...I'm so torn between desperately wanting to see the Circle of Life scene, and refraining from watching it until I see it in the actual movie. I will sob through it either way.

Apparently as of right now, Disney has made that decision easier... :roll:
TLK_Kid
When in doubt...

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

ASANTE SANA SQUASH BANANA

Nickname(s): Just call me Kid xD
Pride Points: 4

Postby Elton John » June 2nd, 2018, 12:55 pm

it has almost been a year since the footage was shown. Will I stop complaining about it not being made public yet?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=YsifLPFAxjE

at least until it is actually made public.
Elton John
I’m with you

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Panpardus » June 13th, 2018, 1:01 pm

Disney just released the first [teaser] trailer for the Dumbo remake which comes out in March 2019. If that's any metric, I suppose we could expect the first public look at The Lion King sometime in September/October. That's just my guess anyway, though they could attach it to Christopher Robin which comes out in early August.
Panpardus

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 51

Postby TheLionPrince » June 14th, 2018, 4:58 pm

^Here's hoping you are correct.

The Hollywood Reporter reports that Disney screened footage again from The Lion King remake at the CineEurope.
TheLionPrince
Crown Prince of the Pridelands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Chris, TLP
Pride Points: 152

Postby Chummy » June 22nd, 2018, 9:57 pm

OMFG I legit can't wait to see this movie. It's gonna be awesome. I knows it. :)
Chummy
I <3 Cake

Pride Points: 0

Postby Elton John » July 8th, 2018, 10:22 pm

san diego comic con is in a little over a week.

If they manage to show footage there, there’s a slight chance that the footage might get leaked if not made public.

there are rumored screens of an animatronic mufasa being used as a model for the movie

http://i.imgur.com/K8CuHWT.jpg

edit: seems the photo is from a 20 year old movie....
Elton John
I’m with you

Postby TheLionPrince » July 9th, 2018, 5:07 pm

[quote="Elton John"]san diego comic con is in a little over a week.

If they manage to show footage there, there’s a slight chance that the footage might get leaked if not made public.

there are rumored screens of an animatronic mufasa being used as a model for the movie

http://i.imgur.com/K8CuHWT.jpg

edit: seems the photo is from a 20 year old movie....[/quote]

I saw you posted that picture on Facebook, and I had to raise an eyebrow to that. From some news sources that I've read, I believed they were using motion capture and photorealistic CGI to create the lions. It's possible they could use lion puppets/animatronics since they use animal puppets on The Jungle Book.

By the way, do you know which movie used that lion puppet? It doesn't resemble the lion in Jumanji.

EDIT: The designer's name is Chris Kunzmann, and the same pictures of that can be found on his Instagram profile. It's not for The Lion King remake.
TheLionPrince
Crown Prince of the Pridelands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Chris, TLP
Pride Points: 152

Postby Elton John » July 9th, 2018, 5:36 pm

ya. I figured that out quickly via a reverse image search.
Elton John
I’m with you

PreviousNext

Return to The Lion King (2019)