10 Years on MLK

10 Years on MLK

Postby Panda-chan » June 6th, 2018, 8:06 pm

Today marks my ten year anniversary on MLK.

It feels kind of surreal to say it. Okay, more than that, it feels... well I don't know how to describe it, really. I honestly never imagined a Lion King internet forum I joined ten years ago would have any kind of impact on my life today. But here we are, and as the second person to join MLK after Moka, I feel compelled to make a speech of some sort. :mrgreen:

I've said it before but I pretty much grew up on this site. I joined this forum a few weeks shy of my 12th birthday the summer before I was to begin middle school. Today I am 22, have just graduated from college, and am about to start my first post-graduate job in the biomedical sciences. I've certainly gone through changes and matured a lot ever since my very first post in June of 2008... or at least, I like to think I did. :P

It's been a wild ten years. I watched Moka build the site up from next to nothing in 2008. Within a couple of years, MLK went from being a tight-knit, albeit small, community of mostly people who migrated over from TLKPF, to one of the largest TLK fansites on the internet. At its peak, we'd have hundreds of people online at once, the chatbox was very active, and the View new posts page was always flowing with new posts. With a community of that size, of course there was bound to be drama, and boiiii did we have that in spades. People argued about the size of sigs, whether Kopa is canon, the removal of the chatbox, the overuse of MLP images, removing the World Issues forum, the Staff Elections, and various questionable decisions made by the MLK staff, to name a few. The drama was always there and often got really stupid, and admittedly I was usually involved one way or another.

I've made friends and enemies, had former friends become enemies, and former enemies turn into friends. I've been warned/banned more than a few times, trolled newbies, and gotten into many fights. I've also seen some of the worst things this fandom has to offer, such as predators and obsessive stalkers, that have truly turned me away from online fandoms in general. At the same time though, I've had some truly great moments here. It is on MLK that I've met some of my best friends ever, some of whom I'm sure will remain lifelong friends. You guys know who you are. :)

The MLK community is great too. Whoever you are, whether I've met you or not, you've contributed something here that makes MLK what it is. I appreciate the members that try to make this place active again and I do still enjoy posting whenever an interesting thread pop up. There are the posts that make me cringe of course, but I do get a laugh out of those too at the end of the day.

I have no idea how long this site will stick around, whether it'll shut down next year or several years from now. As much as I'd like to think I'll have moved on by then, I think today's anniversary proves that I'm stuck here till the end, whenever that is.

So, yeah. I have 10 stars under my name now and that means I am better than all of you 8-) kthnxbai
D̵̢̨̧̛͔̖͍̝̤̫̼̝̬̤̪̟͇͙̊̏̎͛̇̏͊͌̃̂̈́͂̒̄̅̚̚͘͝R̸̥̙͂̀̾̑̊̀̉́̀́̐̄̊̿̈́̄͑̐̕͝I̴̗̯̼̳͉͕̺̤̖̝̪̫̊͛͝͠Ǹ̵̨̧͈̮̦̖̝͈̥̗͕̭͉̺̲͕̥͔͎̹͖͙͇̲̘̩̞͓̦̦̯̮̙̜̼̝͈̣̺̰̺̟̙̫̫ͅK̶̢̢̡̧̢̛̻͎̘͉̦͚̳̗̱̗̮̫̲͎̟͚͖̠̣̺͎̠̤͈̩̞͈͚̣̳̟̣̓͊͊̍̀̇͆́͐̔̔̅̿̅̋̈̈́̔̈̒̌̆̃̇͗̂̐̽́͊̋͗̚̕͘͜͜͠͝͝ ̴̧̧̢̧̧̢̛̦̗̦̭͔̝͎̘͍͚͈̰̦̲͍̥͚̱͓̦̙̞̱̜̹̍̉́̿̃͆̆̾̀̍̊͛̈́̽̈́̀̋̒̾͗͗͂̾̊̇̃̈́̋́̓̄̂̐͊͂̏̿̅͂̚͘̚͜͠͝͠ͅͅͅͅW̵̢̧̨̥͇̳̩͍̪̓̉͊̓̏͜͠Ã̵̧̨͍͚̭̱̦̯̣͓̱̫͑͋̋̾̎͑̽̔̒͆̉͒͑͆̎͑̑̒͋̑̀̒̿͑̄͋̒͆̑͆̔̈̈́͂͆̾̾̌̃̏̊̓͘͜͝͠͠T̸̨̧̛̮̙̰͇̹̭̥̙̝̱̼̥͖̟̃̔̑̒̓̈́͂̈́̂̓̂̎̋͊̌͋̂͂̃̂͝͠͠͝ͅĘ̴̧̡̢̧̡̠͉͉͕̤̳̘̖̙̭͙͕̻͍̖̗͙̯͈͔͋̄̾̄͛͌͌͒͛̇̎͋̉̈́̆̈́̍̎̆̒͑̒̅̋̊̄̈̿͒̈̋̾̊́̔̚͝͠͝͠ͅŖ̸̠̫͓̞͈̫̉̂
Panda-chan

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

STAY HYDRATED, FOLKS

Nickname(s): Weeb trash
Telegram: 6834232905344686445634231897968563522324236894284563523722616678
Pride Points: 108

Re: 10 Years on MLK

Postby Elton John » June 6th, 2018, 8:21 pm

you might have more stars but I have twice the pride points as you!

:P

but in all seriousness, more often than not i’ve enjoyed my time here. It’s why i’m still here when this site is lucky to get 15 posts in a day.
Why do we fall? So that we can learn to pick ourselves back up again.
Elton John
I’m with you

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Till the end of the line!

Pride Points: 240

Postby FlipMode » June 6th, 2018, 9:20 pm

[quote="Elton John"]you might have more stars but I have twice the pride points as you!

but in all seriousness, more often than not i’ve enjoyed my time here. It’s why i’m still here when this site is lucky to get 15 posts in a day.[/quote]

sorry m8 cnt hear u ova da sound of mi 260+ pryde pointz

Holy crap Panda you need to get a hobby dude.
FlipMode

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 266

Postby WildSimba » June 6th, 2018, 9:24 pm

[quote="FlipMode"]Holy crap Panda you need to get a hobby dude.[/quote]

this
"There are you, you drive like a demon from station to station," - David Bowie
WildSimba
Fan the Flames

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Ain't it Funny how it happens

Nickname(s): WS, David
Telegram: Ask me through PM
Pride Points: 122

Postby SimbasMate » June 6th, 2018, 10:02 pm

But really, congrats on your 10th star. u go lad
[quote="Amanda"]And just like that she vanished, like a fart in the wind.
[/quote]
sig by Regulus
SimbasMate
Queen of Hell

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

BB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/mes

Nickname(s): SM/Crystal
Telegram: @CatOverlord
Pride Points: 161

Postby Tora » June 6th, 2018, 10:10 pm

Amanda. You're so old that time itself lost track or how old you are.
Tora
Never Forget

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Always Remain Hopeful

Nickname(s): Tim; Torasaur; T-saur; Rora; Goku
Pride Points: 129

Postby Panda-chan » June 6th, 2018, 11:59 pm

[quote="Elton John"]you might have more stars but I have twice the pride points as you!

but in all seriousness, more often than not i’ve enjoyed my time here. It’s why i’m still here when this site is lucky to get 15 posts in a day.[/quote]
True, but I was banned for 4 and a half years so you guys have had more time to accumulate PP's than me. Also yeah, I do keep coming back to this site despite how dead it is.

[quote="SimbasMate"]Image

But really, congrats on your 10th star. u go lad[/quote]
thank

[quote="Tora"]Amanda. You're so old that time itself lost track or how old you are.[/quote]
Projecting much, baldie? 8-)
D̵̢̨̧̛͔̖͍̝̤̫̼̝̬̤̪̟͇͙̊̏̎͛̇̏͊͌̃̂̈́͂̒̄̅̚̚͘͝R̸̥̙͂̀̾̑̊̀̉́̀́̐̄̊̿̈́̄͑̐̕͝I̴̗̯̼̳͉͕̺̤̖̝̪̫̊͛͝͠Ǹ̵̨̧͈̮̦̖̝͈̥̗͕̭͉̺̲͕̥͔͎̹͖͙͇̲̘̩̞͓̦̦̯̮̙̜̼̝͈̣̺̰̺̟̙̫̫ͅK̶̢̢̡̧̢̛̻͎̘͉̦͚̳̗̱̗̮̫̲͎̟͚͖̠̣̺͎̠̤͈̩̞͈͚̣̳̟̣̓͊͊̍̀̇͆́͐̔̔̅̿̅̋̈̈́̔̈̒̌̆̃̇͗̂̐̽́͊̋͗̚̕͘͜͜͠͝͝ ̴̧̧̢̧̧̢̛̦̗̦̭͔̝͎̘͍͚͈̰̦̲͍̥͚̱͓̦̙̞̱̜̹̍̉́̿̃͆̆̾̀̍̊͛̈́̽̈́̀̋̒̾͗͗͂̾̊̇̃̈́̋́̓̄̂̐͊͂̏̿̅͂̚͘̚͜͠͝͠ͅͅͅͅW̵̢̧̨̥͇̳̩͍̪̓̉͊̓̏͜͠Ã̵̧̨͍͚̭̱̦̯̣͓̱̫͑͋̋̾̎͑̽̔̒͆̉͒͑͆̎͑̑̒͋̑̀̒̿͑̄͋̒͆̑͆̔̈̈́͂͆̾̾̌̃̏̊̓͘͜͝͠͠T̸̨̧̛̮̙̰͇̹̭̥̙̝̱̼̥͖̟̃̔̑̒̓̈́͂̈́̂̓̂̎̋͊̌͋̂͂̃̂͝͠͠͝ͅĘ̴̧̡̢̧̡̠͉͉͕̤̳̘̖̙̭͙͕̻͍̖̗͙̯͈͔͋̄̾̄͛͌͌͒͛̇̎͋̉̈́̆̈́̍̎̆̒͑̒̅̋̊̄̈̿͒̈̋̾̊́̔̚͝͠͝͠ͅŖ̸̠̫͓̞͈̫̉̂
Panda-chan

STAY HYDRATED, FOLKS

Nickname(s): Weeb trash
Telegram: 6834232905344686445634231897968563522324236894284563523722616678
Pride Points: 108

Postby Elton John » June 7th, 2018, 12:09 am

why were you banned?
Why do we fall? So that we can learn to pick ourselves back up again.
Elton John
I’m with you

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Till the end of the line!

Pride Points: 240

Postby Azdgari » June 7th, 2018, 12:20 am

Well, the rules say you're an admin now.
Guess the Member with Kitva Hyperlink: show
"Hates me
Nothing but facts
Male"

"...Woeler?"

"ya"
Azdgari
big, wide turns

Pride Points: 114

Postby Gemini » June 7th, 2018, 12:55 am

Well I'm on my sixth star and as we all know 6 is closer to 10 than 0 so I basically have 10 too, sorry dude but you're still a normie. :nehneh:
Ask Me Stuff | FFnet | Video Q&A Session | About My Webcomic | Commission Me (dA)
"A lion may be stronger, but a wolf doesn't jump through hoops."
Pic (c) BlazingBlackMage
Gemini
The maverick

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Don't look back

Nickname(s): Twin, Janna
Telegram: @maverickmule
Pride Points: 107

Next

Return to The Den